[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Casa de Riff

Riffraff

Nowhere as nice of a price as Darin3's... or as big as Spain's fortress. But that's life in the city limits of the greater Northwest.

I was looking into the Austin area due to the house prices and a big IT community. But chose to stay in Washington.

Got the keys on Monday. New house fever has me in it's grasp.

Bonus: Had seller pay $9500 toward closing costs and another $5000 towards a new roof that was installed last week.

Instant equity for me. Appraised at $335,000

Realtor link (with pictures):

< snipped to remove address >

Some particulars:

Just shy of 2000 sq feet (appraisal had 1989 ft).

.26 acre - very large for city living in this area. Fully fenced.

3 bed, 2 bath, 1 office

Stainless steel appliances

Granite counter tops

Skylights

Huge living room window (I like lots of windows)

Walk in closet

5 piece master bath

Double French doors open out onto the backyard deck.

2 car garage

Sprinkler system

RV parking, playset, and 8x10 storage shed.

Deck - 500 sq ft

Patios in front and back

North: Just over a mile off the Puget Sound (Pacific Ocean). Majority of the land north is a golf course.

East: Quarter mile off the Nisqually River delta (Nisqually originates off a Mount Rainier glacier 50 miles away)

South: A mile off I-5, the major freeway on the west coast (Canada to Mexico). Easy access to the Olympia/Tacoma/Seattle corridor.

West: only direction to add any new housing developments, but leads to the greater Olympia area.

Location, location, location.

Close to some high end housing, check out the "39th loop" housing 500 yards northeast of me in the map's birdseye view. Drool...

House price should never go down if I decide to sell.

Edited by Riffraff

Had one done: $335,000

Home inspection + appraisal = do not bypass to save a little money. They are worth the $.

:D I was being facetious, sorry. This is absolutely right. I'm assuming you appraised right at value for your loan? alexgaddis, et al, will tell you that's rather important. :D My inspection's Saturday morning. Very eager to get out there to see what's up!