[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Video of David Boston Arrest

bushwacked

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

He was making excuses why his balance would be bad. He couldn't didn't count out his steps. He couldn't pivot on one foot. He couldn't keep looking at his foot. He couldn't touch the tip of his nose. He couldn't keep his head back. And it's all on video.

fixed

oh and the video froze up on me just after the cop said you are a college graduate right....did the cop ask him to say his ABCs backwards?

fixed

oh and the video froze up on me just after the cop said you are a college graduate right....did the cop ask him to say his ABCs backwards?

no...just frontwards with the ABC's and he asked him to say them...don't sing or say in rhythm...

CaptainHook has a history of not siding with idiot athletes. Or does he... :D

It was NOT a beer being poured on him. It was a full cup of beer that hit him right in the face. I would've gone in the stands too. Ridiculous. Artest was assaulted and has every right to defend himself.

I don't think he should be suspended for defending himself. I agree, players CANNOT go after fans for insults, slurs, etc. But once Artest was assaulted, he has every right to react.

No doubt about it. The question is how much cash is the player willing to part with for the satisfaction of settling the score. Artest's reputation will not help him here.

none. Fan started the altercation. If you start the fight by assaulting a player, you aren't gonna win a dime.

I think that's naive. We all know at a minimum, he will be suspended without pay by the NBA. And if he truly reacted against the wrong person, he will pay much more.

lol, you are an idiot.

YOU CAN DEFEND YOURSELF. Yes, it would have been better to no go in. But people who are threatened can defend themselves in the heat of the moment. NFL Players Association will fight this, you can bet. Steven Jackson goes into the stands to get Artest when someone just SOAKS them both with beer. He hits the guy. O'Neil hits a guy who comes onto the court. Both were justified in my opinion.

Every idiot fan who threw ANYTHING should also get lifetime bans by that logic.

CaptainHook has a history of not siding with idiot athletes. Or does he... :D

So you bring up the thread that turned you into a serial poster eh? It's all my fault.

You know, the fan that threw that beer didn't win a dime from Artest. So I was right about that. Still say Artest was justified in beating some Piston-fan ass for that. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

maybe an NFL traning camp makes someone tired. For all we know, he could have been in a hot-tub for 2 hrs and dehydrated, took a couple anti-inflamitories and he knocked himself out.

Now that seems like a reasonable possbility. I guess we'll know more when the toxicology is released. I don't really think he was drunk either and from what I've heard, if the cop doesn't want you to pass the field sobriety test, you won't.

Now that seems like a reasonable possbility. I guess we'll know more when the toxicology is released. I don't really think he was drunk either and from what I've heard, if the cop doesn't want you to pass the field sobriety test, you won't.

The cop in the video even said he didn't think it was alcohol.

He should have refused to do the tests and asked to call his lawyer. The fact that the cop would not allow him to call his lawyer may get the entire thing thrown out.

That is not how it works. You have the right to an attorney once you are arrested. One of our responsibilities and requirements as licensed drivers is that the police have the right to test you... It is apart of your contract to have a drivers license. A license is a privilege not a RIGHT. Big difference here. In the state of SC you have the right to automatically refuse the field sobriety test and take a breathalyzer/blood, but you lose your licenses for 6 months.

IMHO I thought the cop was fine even polite. I think Boston was definetly on something. The cop was right. He is a highly trained professional football playe, but he was pissing and moaning about walking a line which he could not do.....

Can you imagine the crap this cop takes from jerks who think he is a pig.

He should have refused to do the tests and asked to call his lawyer. The fact that the cop would not allow him to call his lawyer may get the entire thing thrown out.

In the 15 min video I watched he tried to call his attourney and the cop explained it all to him.

This tape can only help Boston. The cop is on a power trip...plain and simple.

Bang the gavel...next case.

I didn't see it that way at all. cop did his job and asked all the right questions and tried to perform all the right tests. Boston was outta line. the one-legged flight pilot should have convinced you of that.

Look straight ahead at my car and touch your toes and spread em oh and close your eyes and count to 100 real slow and say the alphabet even slower and concentrate on the line and keep your hands by your side except for youe index finger that you can stick well you know were as for I am the cop that was in the band "The Village People"

That is not how it works. You have the right to an attorney once you are arrested. One of our responsibilities and requirements as licensed drivers is that the police have the right to test you... It is apart of your contract to have a drivers license. A license is a privilege not a RIGHT. Big difference here. In the state of SC you have the right to automatically refuse the field sobriety test and take a breathalyzer/blood, but you lose your licenses for 6 months.

IMHO I thought the cop was fine even polite. I think Boston was definetly on something. The cop was right. He is a highly trained professional football playe, but he was pissing and moaning about walking a line which he could not do.....

Can you imagine the crap this cop takes from jerks who think he is a pig.

In Ohio you are not required to do the tests. You can ask to talk to an attorney. If you are not granted this request your rights have been violated and thay have no case.