[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Video of David Boston Arrest

bushwacked

This tape can only help Boston. The cop is on a power trip...plain and simple.

Bang the gavel...next case.

I have done worse on tests "though completed them quicker" and been set free...never tried the one-legged airplane trick, but have mixed in a bunch of "yes sir / no sir".....they seem to go a little further than i have a sore knee and can you explain that again.......

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asleep with the car in "drive" is a problem. Was the car shut off though?

I tell you, I just tried to do some of those balance tests and failed. I'm not wearing shoes or socks. I would think I would have more balance in bare feet. I remember being in a college gymnastics class (that was mandatory to take, but I didn't want to take) and I always had trouble walking the lines on the court never mind walking on the balancebeam. I use to joke that I probably would have to be drinking to be able to walk a straight line.

There was an accident in front of our old home a few years back where a young man went off the road and either hit a pole or tree (I can't remember). When the police came they made this guy do a bunch of balance tests. The one policeman was the one that gave the orders. He spoke in a meaner way than the policeman in this video. What got me annoyed was that this young man started doing the tests as the officer stated. I can't remember how off balance he was, but the officer really got on his case saying he wasn't doing what he said (steps-wise). I do think the officer mixed his words up a bit because I thought the guy did exactly what the officer wanted him to do without hesitation. The other officer seemed to be looking at the officer giving the orders longer than he did at the guy that was in the accident. It sort of made me think that the other officer caught his partner's mistake.

I didn't complain to anyone about this officer, because the young man wasn't around at the accident scene when I first got there. I believe it was his father that drove him back. For that reason, I thought the guy should have been taken in for some bloodwork. He also should have been checked out that he was OK because it was either a tree or pole that he took down.

One test the officer (the one I saw) gave was after doing the alphabet like Boston did, he made the guy recite the alphabet backwards. Try it, it's tough. Even if I wasn't drinking I think under pressure I would do worse.

I thought Boston did a good job overall with the tests. Before I saw this video I thought the balance tests were just for balance. It's obvious after this video they want you to follow every little direction within the tests. If the pressure was on me (even if I wasn't drinking) I would be concentrating mainly on the balance part not on the part where my arms would be or how many steps. There are lessons to be learned with this video.

Also, in defense of Boston (and to mention - I'm white and I'm not a Tampa Bay fan), I bet black athletes feel more pressure than the average Joe. They may feel that policemen may consider them guilty before even doing the tests. Now, I'm just trying to see it at another angle. Boston may have been on something and the bloodwork should show if that was the case or not. In my opinion, someone should be able to bypass the balance tests and be taken straight for bloodwork if they want it to be that way. jmho.

That is not how it works. You have the right to an attorney once you are arrested. One of our responsibilities and requirements as licensed drivers is that the police have the right to test you... It is apart of your contract to have a drivers license. A license is a privilege not a RIGHT. Big difference here. In the state of SC you have the right to automatically refuse the field sobriety test and take a breathalyzer/blood, but you lose your licenses for 6 months.

IMHO I thought the cop was fine even polite. I think Boston was definetly on something. The cop was right. He is a highly trained professional football playe, but he was pissing and moaning about walking a line which he could not do.....

Can you imagine the crap this cop takes from jerks who think he is a pig.

God, I love that line... Good luck getting a job without a license in a less than urban area. But I guess paying your bills and eating is a privilege not a RIGHT too. :D

Okay, so he was asleep at the wheel of a car thats running... in drive? Why was he not moving? Was the parking brake engaged? Is it possible that he was just resting his head after a long day of NFL TRAINING CAMP. Give me a break.

And as I've stated in the other thread: These tests are not about seeing if you are drunk or not, they are to give the police the nessecary 15 minutes needed to perform an accurate feild breathalizer. The rationale behind the waiting period being that you could have just taken a swig before you got pulled over and actuall alcohol in the mouth instead of coming from your lungs will create a false positive. Or so I was told by my lawyer when he wouldnt use my perfect field sobriety test in court.

Edited by DemonKnight

the police tested for ten different drugs and found nothing

:D

The Pinellas County Forensic Laboratory has been asked to test Boston's urine for a variety of controlled substances, including the so-called "date rape" drug GHB, as well PCP, Ketamine and Dextromethorphan.

After Boston blew a triple zero on a breath test for alcohol, he gave a sample of his urine, the report said. A test for evidence of 10 drugs showed no evidence of any of them, the report said.

So was he just sleeping with his car in park.....I've done that before while being totally sober although it sounds suspicious. Not sure what to think even though he seemed sober to me.

What do all of the media influenced goody two shoes Oprah apologists have to say at this point?

Edited by bushwacked

So was he just sleeping with his car in park.....I've done that before while being totally sober although it sounds suspicious. Not sure what to think even though he seemed sober to me.

What do all of the media influenced goody two shoes Oprah apologists have to say at this point?

I think they are stil testing for more drugs. Results should be back by today.

I have never seen a cop in that position not call for backup, an extra set of eyes and hands.

I think the cop was being a dik, slumped over the wheel in drive? Bad judgement, but is bad judgement a crime?

No alcohol, no drugs... tampas 100+ heat during training camp? Give the guy a break, I think this will untimately help Boston out, the public will side with him.

Am I the only one who thinks Boston is acting strangely in this video? He made excuses and never followed directions fully. True the cop was a d!ck, but that doesn't excuse not being able to follow simple directions without making stupid comments and pretending to fly...

you dont need drugs to be stupid

Doesn't David Boston say he went to Ohio St for "2" years? I just looked up information on Boston and it stated that he was a 3 yr starter for Ohio St. Maybe he left school early after he played his 3rd football season (before he completed his 3rd year as a student).

My 2 cents is nothing about social issues b/c I could really care less, but rather the "man-tits" Boston has now developed!! I didn't watch all the video, just the 1st 15 seconds or so.....but the guy used to be cut, freakish about his physique, now he's sporting some boobs!!!!!

I told you he seemed off in that video. He was on something:

David Boston - WR - Buccaneers

The Pinellas Park police department announced Thursday that DUI charges against Bucs WR David Boston will be pursued.

Police didn't release the results of Boston's urine sample (he passed his breathalyzer test), but it seems likely that the results came back positive for an illegal substance. Boston was found asleep at the wheel of his car in the middle of the street with the engine running on August 23. Sep. 6 - 3:19 p.m. ET

Source: Tampa Tribune

I told you he seemed off in that video. He was on something:

David Boston - WR - Buccaneers

The Pinellas Park police department announced Thursday that DUI charges against Bucs WR David Boston will be pursued.

Police didn't release the results of Boston's urine sample (he passed his breathalyzer test), but it seems likely that the results came back positive for an illegal substance. Boston was found asleep at the wheel of his car in the middle of the street with the engine running on August 23. Sep. 6 - 3:19 p.m. ET

Source: Tampa Tribune

http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/200...receiver-f.html

Yeah that is a terrible paragraph to take out of that article. He is being charged with a misdemeanor DUI.....big deal. They are charging him because it is alot easier to have it thrown out rather then to say they F'd up. Either way, Boston is not going to jail or going to be suspended.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

And the verdict is... GBH!

Buccaneers: Boston had GHB in system

09/10/07 11:31 PM

THE NEWS

Buccaneers wide receiver David Boston had GHB, commonly known as the date rape drug, in his system when he was pulled over August 23 and arrested on a DUI charge, according to the Associated Press.

Our View

It's no shocker to anyone who has seen Boston recently that GHB has some body-building effects.

David was actually probably one of the few people in the world that was using this stuff as it was intended. In the 90's this stuff was sold at GNC. You are supposed to take it before you go to bed after a workout. It is supposed to increase body mass by increasing the release of growth hormone. It is still sold legally in the US by perscription to treat certain sleep conditions. I have known 2 people personally that have died from mixing G and alcohol. It is dangerous to play with recreationally. You should not drive on this stuff. DWI it is. I stand corrected.