[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MJD and Gonzo or Gates and Peterson

thecure

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gates over Wayne? :D

Yeah, you reached...but at least you've been a good sport about it. :D

Actually, Wayne went with the 6th pick in the 2nd round I had the 8th. But had he been there I probably still would have taken gates because i'm a stubborn bastard. :wacko:

Would you rather have

As your #2 RB MJD

As your #3 RB Norwood

As your #1 TE Gates

or

As your #2 RB Peterson

As your #3 RB Betts

As your #1 TE Gates

I think you can answer that.

Well, since I get Gates either way, I would rather have MJD and Norwood. :D

Well, since I get Gates either way, I would rather have MJD and Norwood. :D

The synapsis in my brain have stopped working and apparently based upon the opinions I'm gathering they weren't working the night of my draft. :D

I guess unless someone comes to my rescue I'll have to fall on the sword and admit to Furd he was right and I was wrong. The only thing that will give me the slightest bit of redemtion is if Adrian Peterson is the 2nd coming of Eric Dickerson and my team ultimately prevails throughout the season.

Thanks.

Edited by thecure

You know Furd? Is he as big a Megan Fox in person as he is on these boards. That little homo thinks he knows everything about Fantasy Football.

I can state unequivically that he is actually a bigger douchebag in person than he is on these boards and he thinks he knows everything about just about everything.

One problem is that it's mostly right.

I would rather have Gates than Wayne myself. the dropoff behind Wayne is minimal. the dropoff after Gates is Gigantic.

Thanks for the vote, but I think ulitmately from what I've gathered, most people believe I would have been better off grabbing a WR with both my 2nd and 3rd pick takng Peterson with my 4th and then trying to grab a TE with my 5th.

We'll see, if the drop off between Coles vs. TO or Roy Williams is as big as the drop off between Gates and Gonzo. Only the full season will tell.

MJD and Gonzo is clearly the safest pick. Pure genius actually.

MJD has done it, and plays with Fragile Fred. AP has NOT done it at this level, and has 3 different injuries from college.

Gates is good, but so is Gonzo, especially on a team that has no other WRs.

I say: insanity. Should've gone the other way, you'd have scored more points by the end of th year.

Oh my I agree with Twiley and Pope. I would rather MJD and Gonzo.

Edited by irish

The only thing that will give me the slightest bit of redemtion is if Adrian Peterson is the 2nd coming of Eric Dickerson and my team ultimately prevails throughout the season.

Thanks.

As someone who also has Peterson, I only hope you are correct.

The synapsis in my brain have stopped working and apparently based upon the opinions I'm gathering they weren't working the night of my draft. :D

I guess unless someone comes to my rescue I'll have to fall on the sword and admit to Furd he was right and I was wrong. The only thing that will give me the slightest bit of redemtion is if Adrian Peterson is the 2nd coming of Eric Dickerson and my team ultimately prevails throughout the season.

Thanks.

Word of advice, better bring the vasoline because he certainly won't. :wacko:

Overall, you could very well end up with a better team than his, but imagine how much better it could have been had you waited & got Gates in the 3rd. :D

In VBD yes, in SVT, not so much.

Don't know what the abbreviations mean as I am a slow when it comes to that.

But I look at it like this.....who would be more important...a TE who has averaged 1000 yards and 10 TD's over the last 2 years or a WR who has averaged 1150 yards and 7 TD's. you can take away the position and they are extremely close. you add in the position factor and in my eyes Gates is quite a bit ahead.

Word of advice, better bring the vasoline because he certainly won't. :D

Overall, you could very well end up with a better team than his, but imagine how much better it could have been had you waited & got Gates in the 3rd. :D

1 problem with that Furd was drafting 3rd and I was 4th so in the even rounds I got to pick in front of him and he in front of me on the odd rounds. He planned on taking Gates in the 3rd round right before me, hence why I took him in the 2nd. I knew him well enough to know he would take him there.

I can state unequivically that he is actually a bigger douchebag in person than he is on these boards and he thinks he knows everything about just about everything.

One problem is that it's mostly right.

Do you also know Hankk? :D

Anybody who drafts a TE, Defense, or Kicker in the 2nd round is an idiot. Not because those players or positions arent important, but you must sacrifice other more important positions/players to get them. So, I am not trying to be insulting or anything, but I wish I had more morans in my local leagues like you.

Anybody who drafts a TE, Defense, or Kicker in the 2nd round is an idiot. Not because those players or positions arent important, but you must sacrifice other more important positions/players to get them. So, I am not trying to be insulting or anything, but I wish I had more morans in my local leagues like you.

That wasn't insulting at all, you're only calling me a moron. That's like saying I'm not prejudice but I think jews are cheap.

As it was I took Gates with the 21st pick and I was told by the other party he would have taken him with the 28th pick overall. So is the 3rd round OK? When is it OK in your book to draft a TE. Just curious. For the record I drafted my kickers and defenses with my last picks.

I may have reached but I don't think I'm a moron for doing it. So far, most people have agreed with your opinion that I shouldn't have taken him, but I don't believe anyone thought my team was significantly deficient for it.

Considering it is Furd who questioned me taking Gates in the first place at the draft and the fact the he is the other team, he can answer the question for me.

And I wasn't nor am I trying to suggest that I am smarter then my friend (furd), what I was trying to find out if most people believe that I stretched too much to get Gates.

That I still can be answered by answering this question:

Would you rather have

As your #2 RB MJD

As your #3 RB Norwood

As your #1 TE Gates

or

As your #2 RB Peterson

As your #3 RB Betts

As your #1 TE Gates

I think you can answer that.

the answer is YES

Thank you, again I tried at several juctions to give as much informatio as possible. It looks like the consensus is coming up that I made a mistake and should have held off on Gates.

Thanks.

i missed it but did you post the entire draft? that would have been as much info as possible