[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jacoby Jones strikes again....

Schleprock

After hearing about this guy from a post here in early August, I've been tracking his progress. I don't see how he can lose the #2WR position for HOU given his performance. My guess is you should be able to pick him up late in your draft, but not as late as a couple of weeks ago. The only downside is that he will most likely be returning punts which increases his risk for injury. As long as drafted w/ the thougt that he could be a #3 or #4 WR on your fantasy team, Jacoby could be a positive surprise.

On a side note, I picked him up in the 19th round of a 10 team, 20 round redraft on 8/21. (full disclosure and all.....)

I'd feel better if Schaub was in the game and connected with him...

but he's definitely a prospect to keep an eye on and one of the best available in my leagues FA...

Agreed...with KJ staying on PUP for 6 weeks, I just picked Jones up. If you have KJ and an IR spot open, it is a low-risk, high-reward move.

I'd feel better if Schaub was in the game and connected with him...

but he's definitely a prospect to keep an eye on and one of the best available in my leagues FA...

They did connect in pre-week 3, in 1st half. Against DAL 1st-teamers, which isn't saying a whole lot.

Course, a little better play from the O-line and QB doesn't hurt, either.

I'm not sure how you're meaning this, but I'm liking what I'm seeing out of HOU's offense. The 2ndary is now their achille's heel.

HOU has only allowed 3 sacks in the pre-season.

wk 1 : 0 (vs CHI)

wk 2 : 0 (vs ARZ)

wk 3 : 1 (vs DAL)

wk 4 : 2 (vs TB, but who counts this game?)

The HOU QB has poise this pre-season. The HOU QB has been working out with his WRs this pre-season. The HOU QB knows how to go thru his reads this pre-season.

Of course, all that goes out the window when the regular season gets here. But, I'm liking what I'm seeing out of the HOU offense thus far.

I'm not sure how you're meaning this, but I'm liking what I'm seeing out of HOU's offense. The 2ndary is now their achille's heel.

HOU has only allowed 3 sacks in the pre-season.

wk 1 : 0 (vs CHI)

wk 2 : 0 (vs ARZ)

wk 3 : 1 (vs DAL)

wk 4 : 2 (vs TB, but who counts this game?)

The HOU QB has poise this pre-season. The HOU QB has been working out with his WRs this pre-season. The HOU QB knows how to go thru his reads this pre-season.

Of course, all that goes out the window when the regular season gets here. But, I'm liking what I'm seeing out of the HOU offense thus far.

I mean that because their O-line and QB play seems improved, it should helped their WR production.

Edited by yo mama

Yeah I think I had a hell of a draft this year. Got Jacoby Jones in the third round of my dynasty rookie/FA draft (12 teams keep 20 players each)! Also picked up Gaines Adams, Chris Perry, Mike Peterson, Jamaal Anderson and Ahmad Brooks among others...and I didn't even have a first round pick! Lots of owners asleep at the wheel this year.

I have been tracking Jacoby since he started making waves early on in HOU. I think he will be an awesome complement to A Johnson. AJ will draw alot of coverage and now with Owen Daniels and A Green, he will fit in nicely. I like him especially since he will return 4-6 for TDs (IMO) this year and special team TD's are HUGE in my league so this helps big time. Kinda like a Devin Hester but I think D Hester will not see as much at Offense this year behind Muhammed, Berrian and Bradley. J Jones will ultimately start with K Walter in the slot and will get alot of looks.

J Jones seems to have something to prove.

i drafted Jacoby in the 4th round as my 2nd WR

of 32 homers(4.28 to be exact or 220th overall after homers/studs) :D

I drfafed James Jones there in our rookie draft(4.12). 2nd rookie WR but 6th overall WR. Jacoby was long gone(2.11).