[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy Opening Week to Everyone

Menudo

I'm sure most of you are feeling the excitement of this week, like I am. I just did my locals this year, so, everything is ready to get going on Thursday. I can't wait, and am as pumped up as I can ever remember being for the real games to start. ( I probably say that every year) I hate pre-season football, as all it does is make me more anxious.

Here's to a solid year for all of the Huddlers, except those playing in any of my leagues.......... :sick:

:wacko: Are you ready for some football ????

:sick::wacko::D:D:brew::brew::wacko::brow::sick::wacko::sick::D

I gotta say I'm not as excited as past years. Not sure if I'm burnt out or it's because me team is gonna stink, or if other priorities are taking charge. Weird.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch the games and eat BBQ and drink, but somethings different this year. :D

I think getting older and having kids does that to some degree, as we are still passionate about it, but we are more tempered in or enthusiasm for it.

I think getting older and having kids does that to some degree

heh i allready told my wife that if we have a girl to expect Hayden Panettiere from Remember the Titans...more than likely id get Denzel's daughter, but i suppose its a win win situation :D

...but yes, September 6th cant get here soon enough

I'm sure most of you are feeling the excitement of this week, like I am. I just did my locals this year, so, everything is ready to get going on Thursday. I can't wait, and am as pumped up as I can ever remember being for the real games to start. ( I probably say that every year) I hate pre-season football, as all it does is make me more anxious.

Here's to a solid year for all of the Huddlers, except those playing in any of my leagues.......... :brow:

:wacko: Are you ready for some football ????

:pc::wacko::D:sick::sick::sick::wacko::brew::bag::wacko::bash::D

:brew: Back at ya Menudo! I have one more local draft tomorrow :D I cant stand the anticipation for next weekend. I love this game.... :sick:

I gotta say I'm not as excited as past years. Not sure if I'm burnt out or it's because me team is gonna stink, or if other priorities are taking charge. Weird.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch the games and eat BBQ and drink, but somethings different this year. :D

I think this can have a lot to do with it. Depends how much excitement you have wrapped up in your homer team. That's part of the reason why I started fantasy football. I needed something else to make the NFL enjoyable besides watching my Eagles suck week to week. Other priorities have something to do with it as well...

I think getting older and having kids does that to some degree, as we are still passionate about it, but we are more tempered in or enthusiasm for it.

...and kids definitely is one of those things. My daughter is 16 months old and she is starting to require a bit more attention. Being that Sunday is one of the couple of days that Mommy, Daddy, and daughter get to spend together, it's harder to make it a complete football day, but it still is mostly ruled by football. I just have started to let go a bit on Sunday and reprioritize, but I don't think I will ever completely let go of pro football. It's one of the few things on a somewhat regular basis that I still do for myself and own enjoyment.

+1, got lucky and scored an invite last minute so I'll be there :D

I've been to a handful of games and speaking as a football fan and fantasy nut, I'd prefer watching the games on TV. The one exception would be a Monday or Thursday night game in which it's the only game in town that day.

Edited by TDFFFreak

:D Back at ya Menudo! I have one more local draft tomorrow :wacko: I cant stand the anticipation for next weekend. I love this game.... :brow:

I can't wait and to be openning up against the Giants makes it all the more sweet. FrontRowI assume you are ready to rumble again this year. Just so you know, I have a little kickoff party ready for ya. Let's get it started :wacko::wacko:

At last Happy days are here again. :wacko::D:brew::brew::sick::sick::sick::pc::D:sick::bash:

Edited by Cowboyz1

I've been to a handful of games and speaking as a football fanand fantasy nut, I'd prefer watching the games on TV. The one exception would be a Monday or Thursday night game in which it's the only game in town that day.

I couldn't disagree more. There is NOTHING like being in the stadium for an NFL game. Now, if your home team stinks, and you are just watching themn play out the season, then yeah, I could see wanting to be at home. But watching a good team in games that matter can't be beat.

I can't wait and to be openning up against the Giants makes it all the more sweet. FrontRowI assume you are ready to rumble again this year. Just so you know, I have a little kickoff party ready for ya. Let's get it started :wacko::wacko:

At last Happy days are here again. :wacko::D:D:sick::brow::brew::brew::sick::D:wacko::sick:

Oh, I got a good one for you this yr. CB1 . Your gonna like it. :pc:

Is it still 1 week sig line, 10 post min. , & no avy . Or can I present you with a "special" avy too? :sick:

Oh, I got a good one for you this yr. CB1 . Your gonna like it. :D

Is it still 1 week sig line, 10 post min. , & no avy . Or can I present you with a "special" avy too? :D

Glad you been spending some time think up something, just too bad you won't be able to use it this year. I will update the sig thread for ya. Good to see ya FrontRow :wacko:

No avy yet. I don't think it's a good idea for you to lose all hope to early. I still want you to be ready so I can hang a sig an avy on you when we visit you week 10. Sig is good for now as your avy will be mine soon enough, and if your not careful that piece of precious thing could end up on the corner if you get me drift............

I couldn't disagree more. There is NOTHING like being in the stadium for an NFL game. Now, if your home team stinks, and you are just watching themn play out the season, then yeah, I could see wanting to be at home. But watching a good team in games that matter can't be beat.

+1 That is the reason I shelled out for season tickets for the first time this year. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, to me, there isn't much better than being amongst the Steeler crowd full of black and gold, waving the terrible towel, and cheering on a Steeler victory. :D

It's the same as live music - however good the CD is, the show is almost always better.

+1 That is the reason I shelled out for season tickets for the first time this year. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, to me, there isn't much better than being amongst the Steeler crowd full of black and gold, waving the terrible towel, and cheering on a Steeler victory. :D

It's the same as live music - however good the CD is, the show is almost always better.

I'd rather save my money and go to the local Eagles bar and gather with my friends to cheer the birds on. As good as game live can be, you'd be surprised how great that atmosphere is and closely compares (in my case) to being at the games. Plus, I thinkTV coverage does a great job these days. I am not knocking going to the game, I just like it on TV better on NFL Sundays where so much is happening around the league. Personal preference of course.

Edited by TDFFFreak