[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats lose 1st round pick

budlitebrad

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The news articles seem to imply the penalties were stiff.

I thought Belichick got off light.He makes $4 million a year,so this year he only gets $3.5 million.I hope he has enough left to feed his family.He lost 1/8 of his salary for the year.In comparison Thurman lost all of his salary for two years,and maybe more.Henry loses at least half of his salary for this year.They both lost the money while serving a suspension;Belichick isn't going to be suspended.He will have a first round pick no matter what happens.

This amounts to a slap on the wrist.I think it shows Goodell is a shill for the owners.

SOX, just curious where di dyou get Belichick's salary info from? The media in Boston never seems to be able to find it as the amount or its length is never released to the press which is why everyone thinks this is Belichick's last year and is gearing up for a SB run, hence all the off season spending.

If he came right out and said what Bill did gave the Pats a competitive advantage..... then it would tarnish the league.

Goodell 'came right out' and said it did not change the outcome of the game. he could have not said that.

dont forget, it was taken away in the first quarter. so is Goodell a liar now?

(so most rational people come to the conclusion that he has done it on several occasions)

no, i disagree. most people who want to take a shot at the Patriots and make ASSumptions come to the conclusion

that he has done it on several occasions.

prove it.....innocent until proven guilty, i think is how it goes.

Does anyone else find it comical that everyone steals signals but just because the Patriots use video it's an uproar. Mike Shanahan says he has an idea of most teams defensive signals by the 2nd half. Nick Saban was caught doing it last year. John Madden said it was common practice, but hey everyone draws the line at videotape!

Well I think it's more that it may start with video and then move on to parabolic mics and even more advanced technology. If everyone sticks to using binoculars and game tape, then it's a level playing field.

SOX, just curious where di dyou get Belichick's salary info from? The media in Boston never seems to be able to find it as the amount or its length is never released to the press which is why everyone thinks this is Belichick's last year and is gearing up for a SB run, hence all the off season spending.

I believe I heard it on ESPN radio while driving home yesterday at about 6:30-6:45.Someone mentioned his salary if there was to be a fine and it stuck in my mind.

Belichek should have been suspended for a few games for either abject stupidity, mammoth arrogance, or both.

Let me get this right: Mangini used to work for Belichek while Belichek was allegedly pulling these shananigans. Mangini moves on to an arch rival team, knows how Belichek willingly flaunts the rules this way to win games, yet Belichek choses to continue cheating in the same manner & expects Mangini to do nothing about it?

That demonstrates an IQ low enough to make Sarge look like Einstein by comparison, or an arrogance that makes Sarge look like a blushing timid wall flower, or perhaps both simultaneously. We won't even get into the "apology" he offered publicly yesterday that provides more evidence for the stupidity/arrogance argument. Either way Belichek deserves time off unpaid away from his team. $500,000 means nothing - hell, he'll just take it out of the wardrobe money that he's obviously been stashing away for years.

The draft pick(s) loss is a good start, but a multiple game suspension would have been justice. A forfeit of the game would have been entirely appropriate & certainly would have set a precedence that almost assuredly would have ensured no further transgressions by any coack of any team, but there was a fat chance of that happening.

hey, he has "a different interpretation of the rules". he didn't answer any questions about that, of course. but apparently, that "interpretation" is to wipe his ass with them and assume nothing will ever come of it.

If people really are questioning the wins the Patriots had in the Super Bowls and years past, then let us also throw out the Chargers games with Shawne Merriman and the Colts Super Bowl win against my Bears with Dominic Rhodes because both players were on steroids. And we all know Rhodes should have been Super Bowl MVP...:D

This is all so stupid, give me a break. I am so glad McNabb and Westbrook have some balls and have said the most intelligent things so far through this whole situation:

McNabb: "One thing people are forgetting is that even if you have the answers to the test, you still have to take the test," he said. "If they have an idea of what's coming, those guys still have to be able to execute the play."

Westbrook: "For me to think back two years ago about something they may or may not have done, it's not worth my time," running back Brian Westbrook said.

On the same lines, Reno Mahe is the stupidest player ever: "I think they should forfeit, man," said punt returner Reno Mahe, smiling. "We won the Super Bowl. I think we should get it. I'm going to go trade my NFC championship ring for a Super Bowl ring."

Edited by Goopster24

McNabb: "One thing people are forgetting is that even if you have the answers to the test, you still have to take the test," he said. "If they have an idea of what's coming, those guys still have to be able to execute the play."

Give me the answers to the test in advance and I'm certain I could pass the test.

On the same lines, Reno Mahe is the stupidest player ever...

I'd be careful about throwing words like "stupidest" out there.

It makes you look like you know the Patriots have been cheating all along and now you're going to try to discredit anyone who calls them out on it.

The Patriots and Patriot fans need to be careful. Your team is the ONLY team that are proven cheaters. You can speculate all you want that "every team is doing it". You can call people who question you success "stupid"...or even "stupidest". The FACTS are that the New England Patriots are the ONLY team in the league that are proven cheaters.

The New England Patriots cheat. It has been proven, and is now well documented.

The New England Patriots cheat. And, as far as we know, the New England Patriots are the only team that cheats. Anything else is speculation.

It makes you look like you know the Patriots have been cheating all along and now you're going to try to discredit anyone who calls them out on it.

The Patriots and Patriot fans need to be careful. Your team is the ONLY team that are proven cheaters. You can speculate all you want that "every team is doing it". You can call people who question you success "stupid"...or even "stupidest". The FACTS are that the New England Patriots are the ONLY team in the league that are proven cheaters.

The New England Patriots cheat. And, as far as we know, the New England Patriots are the only team that cheats. Anything else is speculation.

For clarification sake, which I didn't know was necessary, I called him stupid because of the way he just came out and wants a Super Bowl ring without any evidence. Just like you said, there is SPECULATION if they cheated in that game or games before. I am not saying I don't believe it or do, but it is still SPECULATION. We have not PROVEN they were cheating in that game.

they couldnt fine him more than $500k.

Exactly. If they could, they would have fined him more.

The New England Patriots are cheaters. This is not speculation, this is not sour grapes, this is now a proven fact. The New England Patriots are cheaters.

Patriot apologists will now try to tell you that the team didn't gain any advantage from filming the opponents signals. To that I ask - Then why would supergenious Bill Bellichick do it? Especially after being warned by the league NOT to do it?

The answer is because it was an intregate part of his strategy and he simply didn't think he could win without it. If he thought he could win without cheating, I assume he would have done so. No need to cheat if you're sure you can win anyway.

Patriot apologists will tell you that "every team is doing it". Let's assume, for a moment, that Roger Goodell the Commissioner of the NFL, knows a little bit more about the league than most anonymous posters on "TheHuddle.com". I know you all think you know more about NFL football than him....but let's just imagine for a moment that he actually knows more about what's going on than you do.

He imposes the maximum monetary fine the league allows. He docks the Patriots a 1st, or a 2nd and 3rd, round draft pick. He does this for what reason?

He does it because he knows the New England Patriots are cheaters. He knows they cheat, now it's only a matter of how long they have been cheating for.

I find it interesting that a head coach who has a career sub-500 record suddenly comes to New England and wins three Superbowls - and then is subsequently caught cheating. Kind of makes me think he's been cheating all along.

Look, I give the Commish kudos for this one. Here is why, he and BB are a little on the chummy side-true, but that enabled the Commish(IMO) after the Vick fiasco to see how the court of public appeal works, and the coal raking had started for BB. He slapped him with biggest fine allowed by rule guidelines and handed Krafty one of half that as well. Sure they have two first rounders, point lost is, what ever the reasons for doing the deal with the 49er's was to have two first rounders-that is all dashed now, even though they have the 49er's pick they still walk away with just one pick.....pissing away their collateral in the deal as well. They are going to make the PO, he he, they better, or a witch hunt the likes you have never seen will begin.

Edited by PantherDave

How can you say the Patriots are the only team that cheats? Nick Saban fully admits to recording the PATS last year.

Just curious, if the coaching staff has videotape of their opponents signals to help their offense and defense, don't the players have to know something fishy is going on as well? Or do they just think their coaches are the best in the business? I've got to think this is much more widespread than being confined to a few members of the Pats organization.

Present your evidence.

Dominic Rhodes uses roids=I guess Colts are cheaters

Shawn Merriman uses roids=I guess Chargers are cheaters

In the Panthers Super Bowl it is reported that 6 players, 3 of the 5 starting offensive lineman were on performance enhancing drugs=I guess Panthers are cheaters

To all the Colts, Chargers and Panther fans this is not a deflection of blame. Simply making a point.

Just curious, if the coaching staff has videotape of their opponents signals to help their offense and defense, don't the players have to know something fishy is going on as well? Or do they just think their coaches are the best in the business? I've got to think this is much more widespread than being confined to a few members of the Pats organization.

Excellent point.

Makes you wonder how Tom Brady can go around the globe screwing super-models while every other NFL quarterback is busy studying tape.

Methinks Brady has been getting the defensive signals radioed into his helmet all along. Methinks that if Brady ever actually had to read an NFL defense and make adjustments on the fly, he might not be quite as successful. I think he actually had to read defenses when he played for the University of Michigan, which explains his relative lack of sucess. Just a theory.

Man, I wish I had someone wiring all the right answers into my ear at work. I guess that's where that Staples "Easy Button" concept came from.

This whole thing is getting out of hand. Plain and simple, the Pats cheated. They crossed the line. They got caught. They've been punished.

However, for all of the sour grapes out there to be screaming forfeit Superbowls, etc. is totally rediculous.

This happens in every game. Every team does it.

When the Dolphins came out and said they stole Tom Brady's audible signals last year, did you hear anyone on the Pats complaining? Did you hear anyone on the team saying that's why they lost the game? No No No.

The Dolphins admitted to cheating. They rec'd no penalty. How'd they get the signs?

Dominic Rhodes uses roids=I guess Colts are cheaters

Shawn Merriman uses roids=I guess Chargers are cheaters

In the Panthers Super Bowl it is reported that 6 players, 3 of the 5 starting offensive lineman were on performance enhancing drugs=I guess Panthers are cheaters

To all the Colts, Chargers and Panther fans this is not a deflection of blame. Simply making a point.

Nope. That makes Dominic Rhodes and Shawn Merriman cheaters. Unless they snuck around and injected all their teammates with steroids, their actiosn affeted only themselves - not their teams.

Nice try though. Keep trying to deflect attention away from the fact that the New England Patriots are cheaters.

Excellent point.

Makes you wonder how Tom Brady can go around the globe screwing super-models while every other NFL quarterback is busy studying tape.

Methinks Brady has been getting the defensive signals radioed into his helmet all along. Methinks that if Brady ever actually had to read an NFL defense and make adjustments on the fly, he might not be quite as successful. I think he actually had to read defenses when he played for the University of Michigan, which explains his relative lack of sucess. Just a theory.

Man, I wish I had someone wiring all the right answers into my ear at work. I guess that's where that Staples "Easy Button" concept came from.

What a joke. Whatever makes you feel better about losing.

A buddy of mine put is best in an email he just sent to our league. This is pretty much how I feel about this...

I am a huge Pats fan, as you know. Here's how I feel about this.

It doesn't matter whether Belicheck used the video to his advantage in the same game or a game 3 years later.

It doesn't matter that "every other team" steals signals.

What matters is that he and the Patriots cheated and it does, even if just a little bi, and probably a lot more than that, tarnish everything they've accomplished. It definitely sullies Belichick's reputation.

I love the guy, but if he coached any other team, I would be vilifiying him right now. Wouldn't you?

In the last year, he was busted for cheating on his wife, paying his mistresses bills, and was splashed all over the NY tabloids for doing so. Walks like a duck, talks like a duck.

Last year, he was an immature dork about the Mangini thing, refusing to call him by name, refusing to shake the guy's hand, shoving photographers for trying to take a picture for him after the 2nd Jets game, who were only there becuase, well, Belichick himself made the post-game handshake national news.

Now this incredibly stupid, arrogant and paranoid behavior (continuing to video AFTER being accused by the Packers and Lions last year and just days AFTER the NFL issued a warning to all teams, reminding them of the rules).

What made the Pats so great to root for was the mirage that they were "better". They tried harder, they schemed better, they had good guys, they were announced as a team, not as individuals, they played the right way. With the Harrison HGH admission and Belicheck actively cheating during multiple seasons (do we really think he discovered the handicam right before last year's Packers game?), the myth of the "Patriots Way" is over.

Now, Kraft, who has grandstanded about the "Patriots Way" for years and benefited financially from it (to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars), needs to talk. Is he going to fire Belichick or let him stay?

Personally, I hope he stays, but only because he helps my team win. And I feel a little weird about that as a sports fan.

Maybe Shergul's right that the whole league -- not just the Pats coach and defensive captain -- is crooked. But it's time we all just call a spade a spade. The NFL is full of cheaters. Coaches. Players. And...?

The real question is not whether most coaches and players are cheating. That has been established.

The real question is whether things are fixed, too. Did the Ref in the Snow Bowl use a "loop hole" to give the Pats a shot to win?

Nah - no official in a North American professional sports league would ever or could ever fix a game. I mean look at the NBA.

THAT is why the Belichick penalties are warranted.

And that's why it sucks to be a Patriots fan. It's all up for debate. Not partison debate. Real, legitimate debate where we really don't have leg to stand on.

To me, it's time for Boston sports fans to man up. We're supposed to be better and more knowledgable.

Boo the Sega! out of Belichick Sunday night and let him know how you feel.

That said, this is a "circle the wagons" kind of team, a bunker mentality, Us against The World, and assuming they saw this below from s San Diego paper this weekend, combined with LT's yappin', I seriously feel sorry for the Chargers. I honestly think the Pats, in an effort to prove that it's their execution and not any video help that makes them great, are going to, as Maximjus said in Gladiator, unleash hell on the Bolts...

GO CHARGERS

BEAT BELICHEAT

101KGB

www.101kgb.com Keyword "Cheat" to post comments about your lame team. Maybe Pittsburgh will let you use the name "The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY."

Edited by msaint