[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ok huddle brethren , need some job advice

isleseeya

Okay boys especially all those who replied to this thread ...I really want to thank you again as all your advice was appreciated immensely

Today I got the offer from the new company and it was even better than I expected ....really made it impossible to say no so I am going to take it and leave my presesnt job

New job gives me more money , a 7 mile commute (as opposed to 78 miles now from nj to manhattan ) , no more suits and ties , a and I believe a chance to grow and enjoy my work more ...

Probably no more lunches for a while whomp ( although we have one tomorrow ) but. I am sure there will be othe gatherings

Said I would give an update so there you have it...thanks all again :D

Okay boys especially all those who replied to this thread ...I really want to thank you again as all your advice was appreciated immensely

Today I got the offer from the new company and it was even better than I expected ....really made it impossible to say no so I am going to take it and leave my presesnt job

New job gives me more money , a 7 mile commute (as opposed to 78 miles now from nj to manhattan ) , no more suits and ties , a and I believe a chance to grow and enjoy my work more ...

Probably no more lunches for a while whomp ( although we have one tomorrow ) but. I am sure there will be othe gatherings

Said I would give an update so there you have it...thanks all again :D

Congrats :D

New job gives me more money , a 7 mile commute

Wow, so how much do rollercoaster operators make, anyway??

Edited by SheikYerbuti

I missed this the first time through, but I think you made the right call.

I commuted from Long Island to Manhattan for 7 years - not as bad as your commute, but a pain the ass all the same. When that Company went under, I decided to exhaust all possibilities of finding something on Long Island before entertaining any NYC jobs - firtunately I did find something here, and what a difference it has made for me. My oldest was 5 when I took the LI job, with two others that were 4 and 1. In short, they had jsut started to become interesting. :wacko:

I have gone from kissing them in bed sleeping when I got home from the train to seeing them every night, helping with homework, going to all my son's baseball games, eating dinner with the family, the whole bit. Like night and day.

In my case, I went from a NYC job that was very challenging and intersting and very satisfying professionally, to a LI job that pretty much sucks professionally - and I'm still much happier here, just because of the change in the quality of my family life. No reason it has to be that way of course, you should be able to have your cake and eat it too, just making the point.

Congrats and best of luck. :D:D

Coming up next: a new thread from Whomper:

Huddle brethren, need some job advice. I am interviewing for this new job next week. The only con is I would have to commute 78 miles to the new job. Will cut down on my gardening time and family time. Positive: I will get to spend more lunches with isle.

Whatcha think?

Coming up next: a new thread from Whomper:

Huddle brethren, need some job advice. I am interviewing for this new job next week. The only con is I would have to commute 78 miles to the new job. Will cut down on my gardening time and family time. Positive: I will get to spend more lunches with isle.

Whatcha think?

fine as long as his gardening is done later in the day on weekends. i don't like to be woke up by lawnmowers.

Congrats.

At least you can give Whomp one last reach around today before you guys part ways. :D

If you are happy where you are, you should stay. It would suck rocks to go to a new company and find yourself unhappy.

I think that all depends on where you rank job happiness. Many people, if faced with a choice, would rather work a less satisfying job if it meant 10 extra hours per week doing something fun or having more time with family.

thanks all well wishers ...i am very pleased , excited about the move ...i am at peace with it as well

thanks again

as for whomper , we had lunch today and decided to become blood brothers ..we both fingered our pricks i mean pricked our fingers ...you get the picture ..:D

I think that all depends on where you rank job happiness. Many people, if faced with a choice, would rather work a less satisfying job if it meant 10 extra hours per week doing something fun or having more time with family.

I consider all of these factors when talking about being happy where you are, not just job happiness. The devil you know and all that jazz.

Either way it sounds like the decision was made before I posted...so Good Luck!!!

Congrats! Sounds like it was an easy decision when everything played out as good or better than you expected. I think your life is going to get a lot better soon as the extra time with the wife and kids will be great! :D:D

Good luck with the new job! :wacko:

• 2 years later...

amazing ...its my 2 year anniversary at this job today ( man time flies ) and i still am thankful for all the advice and help Huddlers gave me in this thread and overall :wacko:

was a truly fantastic decision and has improved my life a great deal ..really been great

It was and still is a Blessing

Edited by isleseeya