[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wife went running this AM and brought home...

Savage Beatings

Yep, my wife went out for a jog this AM, and on the way home she stopped over at our neighbor's house (the guy that is the Viking's Coach - he obviously wasn't there today though) because they were outside looking at something underneath their deck... and well, my wife is a busy-body so she had to go see what they were up to. Turns out a feral cat had some kittens under their deck. So, naturally my wife brings one home and before I can say a word, they kids immediately ask if we can keep it to which she instantly says, "sure!" :D

Then, she hops in the shower and heads off to work for the day, leaving me home with 3 hyper kids, an already manic dog that is now bursting at the seams, and a wild kitten that can't be more than 2 weeks old. So, any tips? :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, my wife went out for a jog this AM, and on the way home she stopped over at our neighbor's house (the guy that is the Viking's Coach - he obviously wasn't there today though) because they were outside looking at something underneath their deck... and well, my wife is a busy-body so she had to go see what they were up to. Turns out a feral cat had some kittens under their deck. So, naturally my wife brings one home and before I can say a word, they kids immediately ask if we can keep it to which she instantly says, "sure!" :D

Then, she hops in the shower and heads off to work for the day, leaving me home with 3 hyper kids, an already manic dog that is now bursting at the seams, and a wild kitten that can't be more than 2 weeks old. So, any tips? :D

A burlap bag and the nearest river.

"Honey the cat ran out the door and disappeared ... what did you expect it is feral.

If it's really that young, it's probably going to die without its mother anyhow. :DBad form for the wife to drop off the kitten and run though.

and the non consult

You should take it to a vet or a cat rescue organization since its too young to survive without its mother.

Also being a ferel cat it could be a carrier of certain disease which you don't want to introduce to your other pets.

We just had to put down one of our kitties on thursday since she somehow contracted Feline Infectious Peritinites (FIP). Its fatal, very contagious to other cats and there is no cure :D

it hasn't been a very good week :D

I must be wrong about the age of the kitten... he's eating solid food and running around a lot. Wife is taking him into the Vet this morning to get the final verdict on whether he is keeper material or not. Kids have already named him and fallen in love with him. Dog is licking his chops.