[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UF kid getting tazered

budlitebrad

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love that college liberal mind and how it works. Twits like that try to break bad against political figures for attention.

Next time I say we put his ass in Tetran and have him speak against the Ayatollah and then he can tell us about how unfair he was treated.

Gotta love that college liberal mind and how it works. Twits like that try to break bad against political figures for attention.

Next time I say we put his ass in Tetran and have him speak against the Ayatollah and then he can tell us about how unfair he was treated.

Yes, because I'd much rather have our free speech match Iran's system than our own.

Personally I find that to be very disturbing.

I don't. He made is pretty clear that he wasn't planning on cooperating with the police. He resisted arrest, and wouldn't stop. I have no problem with the force used by the police. There are several questions that would need to be answered which can't be derived from the video which could change my opinion, but unlikely.

I don't. He made is pretty clear that he wasn't planning on cooperating with the police. He resisted arrest, and wouldn't stop. I have no problem with the force used by the police. There are several questions that would need to be answered which can't be derived from the video which could change my opinion, but unlikely.

Well, Hugh, I think this may change your mind--this story is getting a lot of airplay here in florida. Here is more of the conversation shortly before he was tasered:

UF Student: Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Police Officer: Bloody peasant!

UF Student: Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?

What did the police put their hands on him in the first place for? Do the police have the right to commit battery on anyone for asking a question in a calm, civil manner?

No, he shouldn't have resisted. But personally I can see someone resisting who is being manhandled and arrested wrongfully.

What did the police put their hands on him in the first place for? Do the police have the right to commit battery on anyone for asking a question in a calm, civil manner?

No, he shouldn't have resisted. But personally I can see someone resisting who is being manhandled and arrested wrongfully.

This apparently started outside, and the police followed him inside. I think they probably had a reason to put their hands on him in the first place.

This apparently started outside, and the police followed him inside. I think they probably had a reason to put their hands on him in the first place.

I would have to hear more of the story in that regard. If he was disturbing th peace, that is one thing. But if that was the case, why was he not arrested previously? Why was he allowed to step up to the microphone? And most importantly, why was he not peacefully asked to leave before he was grabbed?

I am all for giving the police some slack, but this does not appear to be a case in which they deserve it. You can bet that all of those cops will be reprimanded severely.

What is more important for the officers of the law in our country to protect than the first ammendment to our constitution? Isn't it the most important law we have and the one that means we can truly be a free society? I am not trying to overblow this incident, but a breach of that responsibility is what this video represents to me, and why I find it to be so disturbing. Seeing some loser get tasered because he's a half-wit doesn't bother me in and of itself.

Sorry, but ignoring half of the situation calls for some calling out. Was the guy not speaking civilly and peacefully when he was grabbed by police and manhandled away from the micrphone?

He was being ignored by the speaker, Kerry, he was getting loud and confrontational as the questions weren't answered. The police followed him in for a reason. I highly contest your argument that he was a peaceful, non-disruptive student/person.

Edited by Hugh 0ne