[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Seahawks Signature / Avatar Bet

Menudo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good. Do we really need something seperate from what Menudo has up there? I kinda dig the avatar he made up but if you want me to make a sig I will. Otherwise I am fine with what Menudo has up there.

Since I want nothing to do with Welshenudo's bet, I would prefer we do it separately.

It's the principle of the thing. :D

Since I want nothing to do with Welshenudo's bet, I would prefer we do it separately.

It's the principle of the thing. :D

I believe it is welch on a bet, which means agree to a bet, and then not pay up after you lose. However, you trying to say what I did was the same as that is comical.

From Dictionary.com:

"welsh

–verb (used without object) Informal: Sometimes Offensive. 1. to cheat by failing to pay a gambling debt: You aren't going to welsh on me, are you?

2. to go back on one's word: He welshed on his promise to help in the campaign.

Also, welch."

I had no idea you were both ethically- AND vocabularily- challenged. :D

Edited by Bonehand

From Dictionary.com:

"welsh

–verb (used without object) Informal: Sometimes Offensive. 1. to cheat by failing to pay a gambling debt: You aren't going to welsh on me, are you?

Also, welch."

Actually, it can be pronounced both welsh and welch. :wacko:

By the way, why are you still here ? :D

From Dictionary.com:

"welsh

Also, welch."

I wonder what the origin of that word is? It sounds kinda racist, kinda like Indian Giver.

Menudo makes friends faster than Brad Childress makes bad coaching decisions. :D

For the record, It's not that I dislike Menudo. To the contrary, I think he is one of the all-time-great Huddle homers.

But as a Seahawks fan of the bluest possible stripe, I feel dutybound to call him on his Superbowl bet inconstancy. :D

Spain gives fishing lessons.

No need to fish when I've lived 22+ years up here and have seen nothing that deters me from my statement. You on the otherhand have NOTHING to refute it. Seahawk fans are notoriously fair weathered. Ever since '76 in fact. When you played Pittsburgh in the SB the predominant amount of $$$ was bet on the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY(pun intended), by their fan base. Seattle fans didn't sack up then and they don't now, rather they hide behind bad calls and what ifs and what could've beens. If they actually get a taste of winning this may change, but to that I have my doubts also because of the collective PC attitude up here. FANATIC!! oh heavens me no, I need to hug a tree, before that vile Raider fan spits on my Berkinstocks!!

Wow! How could nobody take this bet! By the way, the avatar if the Seahawks were to lose is awesome Menudo. It would be a shame to see it go unused. :D Since I still think the Seahawks got hosed in that game, and was quite vocal about it after the game, I kinda feel a kinship with the Seahawk fans. I will take this bet for my cheated Seahawk brethren. Have no fear! I will avenge!

If I win, the Seahawk fans can figure out what Menudo's avatar/sig will be.

If I lose, I will look silly. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

LOL

Go Steelers!

I'm not a sig man myself - but I'll consider for this one. One of my best friends is a huge Seattle homer with season tickets and all. (After all the preceeding Superbowl trash talk and then the condolances from my end after) he practicaly refused to talk to me for months...and every time all I heard was boo hoo hoo - Seattle was robbed, should have won - etc etc. Well - I will admit - the Steelers got the calls. There were some close ones - that perhaps could have been called either way (or perhaps not called - ie end zone interference call) - but except for the tackle attempt by Hasselbeck which was called an illegal tackle or such (a bad call) - each and every one of the other calls were technically correct. I feel your pain Seattle fans - but thats just the way the chips fall sometime (hey we got rooked on a coin toss once remember?). Anyway, as I told my buddy - the refs didn't miss 2 feild goals, the refs didn't drop those passes, the refs didn't fail to tackle FWP...thus one can only conclude (sorry to say) the Seattle Seahawks lost that game. Sure it was ugly - but the Steelers did what they needed on the field to prevail and win the game - and thats what champions do.

You on the otherhand have NOTHING to refute it.

The Seahawks had a 10+ year waiting list for season tickets before Behring successfully dismantled our team and unsuccessfully tried to move them. I have no doubt that Seattle fans are generally more fickle than east coast fans. For one, history develops a more dedicated fan base, and Hawks are still an infant in relative terms. But mainly, I couldn't really give a rip about what a transplanted football fan in WA state thinks about my favorite team or the fan base. I enjoy football and cheering for my favorite team and your routine criticism of Seahawk fans won't change that one iota.

Spain gives fishing lessons, you should take some.

Edited by bushwacked

The Seahawks had a 10+ year waiting list for season tickets before Behring successfully dismantled our team and unsuccessfully tried to move them. I have no doubt that Seattle fans are generally more fickle than east coast fans. For one, history develops a more dedicated fan base, and Hawks are still an infant in relative terms. But mainly, I couldn't really give a rip about what a transplanted football fan in WA state thinks about my favorite team or the fan base. I enjoy football and cheering for my favorite team and your routine criticism of Seahawk fans won't change that one iota.

Spain gives fishing lessons, you should take some.

So far, it appears it is Skippy and myself going against a Colts fan betting on the Seahawks....... :D Am I missing anyone ?

I cant believe the Hawks fans that want to bet are actually looking for points :D Where is the faith in your squad ? I bet Gilthorp the other day on Chi/ Dallas and neither of us ever mentioned points..If you dont think your favorite team is going to flat out win thats some weak sauce..Steve Mann up for Mannsakes

Edited by whomper

I wonder what the origin of that word is? It sounds kinda racist, kinda like Indian Giver.

Oh yeah, it's a total rip on the Welsh. I forget why the Welsh had the rep of reneging on agreements, but that's where the term comes from.

Maybe later I'll tell you how scotch tape got its name.

Oh yeah, it's a total rip on the Welsh. I forget why the Welsh had the rep of reneging on agreements, but that's where the term comes from.

Maybe later I'll tell you how scotch tape got its name.

:D

Wow! How could nobody take this bet! By the way, the avatar if the Seahawks were to lose is awesome Menudo. It would be a shame to see it go unused. :wacko: Since I still think the Seahawks got hosed in that game, and was quite vocal about it after the game, I kinda feel a kinship with the Seahawk fans. I will take this bet for my cheated Seahawk brethren. Have no fear! I will avenge!

If I win, the Seahawk fans can figure out what Menudo's avatar/sig will be.

If I lose, I will look silly. :wacko:

Hell yeah why not...I'm in too. And the sig line for the steelers will be:

"Yes it's true that I am a bed wetting mama's boy who also believed the Seahawks got hosed in SuperBowl 40. I was too ashamed to speak out because I am a bed wetting mama's boy who looks like this :D and can never get a date. I believe in my heart the Steelers are a bunch of losers and the Hawks were the real winners of SuperBowl 40. I am a Hawks fan and will always be a Hawks fan no matter what I may say here at the huddle..." how is this for a starter sig line...add to it as you feel fit hawk fans..I'm gonna take this bet. I dont care if I lose. I love my Hawks and will stand up with them no matter the odds. :D

edit: I dont need any stinking points...This is a straight up win or loss no points favored either way.

Edited by devilwoman