[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Seahawks Signature / Avatar Bet

Menudo

Well, I just back from the game about 30 minutes ago. I'm extremely pleased with the Steelers efforts today. They beat a good Seahawks team, without 4 important players to this team. This was nice to see, as it shows they have the depth to compete, even when their "stars" are out. Injuries happen, and teams have ot have the depth to deal with them.

As for Seahawks game, them playing again signifies the end of my responding to anything to do with that Superbowl 2 years ago. It has gotten so annoying, and I've definitely been part of the problem by replying to it. That game is what it is....the result is not going to change, nor are people's opinions on it. I'm moving on, and any :fishing: attempts for me on the subject will be ignored.

godtomsatan had this one pegged. The game was one on the Steelers first drive of the 2nd half. That was the Steelers best drive this season. They had to overcome some penalties and a sack and converted some big 3rd downs. Roethlisberger is playing very good football, and has proved to me that last year was a fluke. He makes a lot of plays that don't show up on a stat sheet, such as breaking tackles on sack attempts, and scrambling out of the pocket to keep plays alive, which is where he often makes something good happen in this offense. That drive in the 2nd half completely drained the Seahawks defense, as it lasted almost the entire quarter. After that, the game was pretty much over. Getting a shutout over an offense as capable as Seattle's is quite an accomplishment, and I'm happy with where the Steelers are heading into the bye week. As was said before, this game was closer than it looked. If the Seahawks score before the 1st half, when Taylor picked Hasselbeck, or stop the Steelers on that 2nd half drive, it would have been a completely different game.

There was a moment at the game today, that was one of the coolest of the games I've attended at Heinz. After that long TD drive, the Steelers kicked off, and there was a commercial break. The crowd had been pretty much ordinary all day. Cheering at the appropriate times, but, not overly lively. Then during that commercial break, the stadiums started blaring "Renegade" and showed an awesome defensive highlight clip. The crowd at that point all stood up and got nuts, towels waving, and the stadium was as loud as I've heard it at Heinz. The Steelers defense was really getting excited by the crowd, and the Seahawks had a false start on the 1st play. You probably had to be there, but, it was a cool moment. Steelers fans need to create more of those. It definitely doesn't get as loud at Heinz as it did in Three Rivers, so the fans need to work harder to have an impact.

It was fun, and best of luck to the Seahawks fans moving forward. :D:D

Thank you!!

I would contend that 2 of the 3 stars for the Steelers did play with Big Ben and FWP. I would throw Santonio Holmes in as their 3rd "star". None of the other players that were out are difference makers.

The Steelers defense played great all day and did not allow the Seahawks get any momentum. I thought that the Seahawk defense was outstanding for most of the day they just got wore down in the second half because they were on the field so much. The Steeler's sensed this and just pounded the ball throughout the 3dr and 4th quarter. The better team won today. Congrats Steelers!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!!

I would contend that 2 of the 3 stars for the Steelers did play with Big Ben and FWP. I would throw Santonio Holmes in as their 3rd "star". None of the other players that were out are difference makers.

The Steelers defense played great all day and did not allow the Seahawks get any momentum. I thought that the Seahawk defense was outstanding for most of the day they just got wore down in the second half because they were on the field so much. The Steeler's sensed this and just pounded the ball throughout the 3dr and 4th quarter. The better team won today. Congrats Steelers!

Troy Polamalu is eaaily the biggest difference maker on the Steelers defense, and it isn't even close. Casey Hampton is a Pro Bowl defensive tackle, who is 2nd to Polamalu on his impact on the defense. He is extremely important in that 3-4 defense, and is a Pro Bowler because of it. I'm not saying that the score would have been different with them in there, but, to say that Polamalu and Hampton aren't difference makers couldn't be further from the truth, they are the biggest difference makers on this defense..

Troy Polamalu is eaaily the biggest difference maker on the Steelers defense, and it isn't even close. Casey Hampton is a Pro Bowl defensive tackle, who is 2nd to Polamalu on his impact on the defense. He is extremely important in that 3-4 defense, and is a Pro Bowler because of it. I'm not saying that the score would have been different with them in there, but, to say that Polamalu and Hampton aren't difference makers couldn't be further from the truth, they are the biggest difference makers on this defense..

Neither one of them are real difference makers though. My point was that theyr'e easily replaced.

Edited by theprofessor

Neither one of them are real difference makers though. My point was that theyr'e easily replaced.

You have got to be kidding. Yes they are huge difference makers and anyone that watches Steeler football will say so. Troy more so than anyone else but trust me that every single offensive guy that finds out that he is facing the Steelers without Polamalu starts to smile with that sort of info. Troy is one of the most difference making defensive players in the game right now, IMHO.

I'm here, I'm here, sorry, had to get rid of the hangover. i will get the sigline in when i get a little time here at work, but I don't know how to add an avatar. bear with me, i'll have it up by this afternoon. very nice game Steelers. Very nice. Same exact game as the Super Bowl except Big Ben showed up and we can't use the penalty excuse.

Well, I just back from the game about 30 minutes ago. I'm extremely pleased with the Steelers efforts today. They beat a good Seahawks team, without 4 important players to this team. This was nice to see, as it shows they have the depth to compete, even when their "stars" are out. Injuries happen, and teams have ot have the depth to deal with them.

As for Seahawks game, them playing again signifies the end of my responding to anything to do with that Superbowl 2 years ago. It has gotten so annoying, and I've definitely been part of the problem by replying to it. That game is what it is....the result is not going to change, nor are people's opinions on it. I'm moving on, and any :fishing: attempts for me on the subject will be ignored.

godtomsatan had this one pegged. The game was one on the Steelers first drive of the 2nd half. That was the Steelers best drive this season. They had to overcome some penalties and a sack and converted some big 3rd downs. Roethlisberger is playing very good football, and has proved to me that last year was a fluke. He makes a lot of plays that don't show up on a stat sheet, such as breaking tackles on sack attempts, and scrambling out of the pocket to keep plays alive, which is where he often makes something good happen in this offense. That drive in the 2nd half completely drained the Seahawks defense, as it lasted almost the entire quarter. After that, the game was pretty much over. Getting a shutout over an offense as capable as Seattle's is quite an accomplishment, and I'm happy with where the Steelers are heading into the bye week. As was said before, this game was closer than it looked. If the Seahawks score before the 1st half, when Taylor picked Hasselbeck, or stop the Steelers on that 2nd half drive, it would have been a completely different game.

There was a moment at the game today, that was one of the coolest of the games I've attended at Heinz. After that long TD drive, the Steelers kicked off, and there was a commercial break. The crowd had been pretty much ordinary all day. Cheering at the appropriate times, but, not overly lively. Then during that commercial break, the stadiums started blaring "Renegade" and showed an awesome defensive highlight clip. The crowd at that point all stood up and got nuts, towels waving, and the stadium was as loud as I've heard it at Heinz. The Steelers defense was really getting excited by the crowd, and the Seahawks had a false start on the 1st play. You probably had to be there, but, it was a cool moment. Steelers fans need to create more of those. It definitely doesn't get as loud at Heinz as it did in Three Rivers, so the fans need to work harder to have an impact.

It was fun, and best of luck to the Seahawks fans moving forward. :D:D

that defensive highlight clip was awesome. it got even more loud after we caused the false start. seeing noll before the game was even better. im pretty sure he hasnt been to pittsburgh in a while because of his health, i was lucky to be at the game when he finally could make it.

that defensive highlight clip was awesome. it got even more loud after we caused the false start. seeing noll before the game was even better. im pretty sure he hasnt been to pittsburgh in a while because of his health, i was lucky to be at the game when he finally could make it.

Yes, seeing Chuck Noll was a nice surprise. That sure was a good time yesterday !!! :D

You have got to be kidding. Yes they are huge difference makers and anyone that watches Steeler football will say so. Troy more so than anyone else but trust me that every single offensive guy that finds out that he is facing the Steelers without Polamalu starts to smile with that sort of info. Troy is one of the most difference making defensive players in the game right now, IMHO.

+1 And I believe Hampton is one of the best NTs in the game also. I was very impressed by how the backups played. Couldn't have asked for any better.

Yeah, pretty funny. Less then 10 seconds of video for a Steelers fan to call it a Super Bowl rematch.

What is wrong with them calling it a Super Bowl rematch ? It was a match-up between two teams that last played in Super Bowl :D

every single offensive guy that finds out that he is facing the Steelers without Polamalu starts to smile with that sort of info. Troy is one of the most difference making defensive players in the game right now, IMHO.

Way too much man :D love for Troy. He's NOT one of the top 5 safety's in the league, let alone biggest difference maker:doh:

Just sayin'.

Way too much man :wacko: love for Troy. He's NOT one of the top 5 safety's in the league, let alone biggest difference maker:doh:

Just sayin'.

Please give me some of what you are smokin. You have to be totally nuts to not think Troy is a difference maker. Anyone that knows anything about football could easily see that. You have to be :D , otherwise you are a :D .

IMO, it would be pretty difficult to name 5 safety's that I would take ahead of Troy.

Edited by max

Way too much man :D love for Troy. He's NOT one of the top 5 safety's in the league, let alone biggest difference maker:doh:

Just sayin'.

It's weird, he's made the Pro Bowl in each season since his rookie year. He's been All-Pro twice in his 4 year career. However, I guess you know more than the coaches and players that vote for those kinds of things. :D

Speaking of which, where are Seahawks21 & Devilwoman ? :D

:D

Sorry Devilwoman, I just saw your post stating that you wouldn't be back until later in the week....... :wacko: