[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lopsided Commish Trade

Rileyrott

(Originally posted in FF Advice Forum by mistake.)

I can't believe the commish just made the following trade (Tues night):

Commish traded:

Shaun Alexander, Marvin Harrison, Jeremy Shockey and Vince Young

for

Reggie Bush, Brandon Marshall and Phillip Rivers

Our league is a non-keeper, non dynasty, redraft league.

As far as I am concerned, this is WAY lopsided. What makes it worse is our commish was the one who accepted it. It stinks!! What do you think?

Agreed...where is this problematic? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Not sour grapes, look at the breakdown:

S.Alexander and V.Young for R.Bush and P.Rivers (debatable as to being even, but OK)

that leaves

M.Harrison and J.Shockey for....Brandon Marshall???

This doesn't seem lop-sided to you???

Not sour grapes, look at the breakdown:

S.Alexander and V.Young for R.Bush and P.Rivers (debatable as to being even, but OK)

that leaves

M.Harrison and J.Shockey for....Brandon Marshall???

This doesn't seem lop-sided to you???

No, not when you consider Harrison is injured, Shockey is the #2 receiving option on his team and Marshall is a #1 and a top FF WR right now. Don't go by their names...go by their performance.

And, unless your league votes on trades or you can prove collusion (good luck there), it's a non-issue anyway.

I can't believe the commish just made the following trade (Tues night):

Commish traded:

for

Our league is a non-keeper, non dynasty, redraft league.

As far as I am concerned, this is WAY lopsided. What makes it worse is our commish was the one who accepted it. It stinks!! What do you think?

I don't have all the figures in front of me but this isn't a bad trade, especially if it's a PPR League. Bush and SA are fairly even and Bush might actually get the edge in a PPR moving forward. Harrison's been banged up and wasn't performing too his standards pre-injury, while Marshall looks like the real deal. I like Rivers a bit more than Young, especially if he continues being consistent and giving up Shockey, who's had a down year with the idea that the Commish already had a better TE option isn't bad at all. To each is own, in regard to personal perspectives on this trade. But IMO, it's pretty even.

Edited by irish

This is exactly why you shouldn't put trades to a league vote... this trade looks pretty fair to me and just about any other objective outside observer... but for someone who is caught up in the competition of the league, he sees it as not just unfair but lopsided.

Alexander sucks this year, Harrison is hurt. VY is fantasy irrelevant. Rivers barely so. Marshall, yes.

So it's a sucky Reggie Bush for Marvin Harrison who won't play for another 2 weeks. Big deal.

This is not a bad trade, and gives rise to the question: why should him being commish on a non-lopsided trade mean he can't play FF as the other 11 (guessing) in your league do?

Commish traded:

for

SA for Reggie Bush - SA is going to have a great 3 weeks going against weak defences. Bush is not that great a fantasy option. Being the only back in NO is either going to be great for him or break him. This is an even exchange

Marvin Harrison and Jeremy Shockey for Brandon Marshall. - Harrison and Shockey are better than BM, but with the injuries, could be an even trade.

VY for PR - Both have ups and downs - I would say even.

Not only is this trade not way lopsided, I see it as a fairly even trade with upside and downside for both people.

Finally, a voice of reason!

Gotta love how you gloss over the 12-15 other folks that see nothing wrong with the deal to hold on to the glimmer of hope that someone agrees with you that it is lopsided. Even if it is lopsided, who cares, it's his team, he can mange it as he sees fit.