[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shady Commish?

mcmill3

Guys, I really need help. I'll try to be short and to the point. We use CBSsportsline and during the waiver claims last night, the commish ended up with Warner. When I looked this morning at my waiver log, it clearly shows that I was granted Warner.

I then took a look at the transaction log that keeps history of additions, drops, activations, bench, trades, and any other roster move. No where in this transaction log does it show Warner being moved. As a commissioner, you have the ability to delete transactions form the record. I believe the commissioner took him from me and threw him on his own roster and then deleted all traces from the transaction logs. His response is below. Please, if you have experience with CBS, you should know that commisioner moves are reflected in the log and are also in a red font to distinguish. I have screen shots showing Warner went to me. Anyone familiar with CBS?

There was nothing illegal about anything that was done on

> the transaction log. I had the number one slot to pick up

> Kurt Warner. I told 5 people from around our own league that

> I was picking him up. When I went onto the computer early

> this morning it had granted both Sunday Assassins and myself

> Warner. It said that before I was granted Warner, I had to

> drop someone other than Leinart because he was not on my

> team because i dropped him the day before. After this I was

> granted Warner because that was my number 1 pickup. You can

> ask Spastic finkter, redstripe, beavers liquors..among a

> few...This has happened a couple of times before where I

> have bent sent a message to fix a roster because of

> something like this. It is not on the transaction list

> because I did it manually and it must not have showed up.

> Now you do prolly have a problem that you did not get Garcia

> becuase I picked him up only this morning when I saw that he

> was a free agent. If this screwed you up then it is only

> fair that you get Garcia if you are being honest about

> having him as your number 2 pickup, because the computer

> screwed up with the Warner pickup. Trust me, I have had

> warner there for 6 days since I have Joey Harrington as my

> quarterback and 2 others that are out for the season. Don't

> call me shady because I have been running this leaague for

> 4or 5 years now and have always done everything to make this

> a fair league. If anyone has a problem with anything you

> know my number is because this is ridicolous.

I say we ask Spastic Finkter & Beavers Liquors to get to the bottom of this.

But, seriously, it's been years since I played in a Sportsline league but the waiver order at that time was clear-cut (no bidding, etc.). You say you had the first Warner option & he says it was him. What's the deal? Personally, I would never trust a commish that spells probably "prolly".

I am the Co-Commish in a CBS league (4 years), and all I know is that if you use the WW, and you try to drop a player that you had, but no longer have (when the Add/Drops take place), you will NOT be granted the request. CBS computer will then move to your next request for that slot and process it, then move to the #2 WW slot, and so on. BTW, I have never seen a player awarded to 2 teams at the same time, don't even know how this is possible.

I am the Co-Commish in a CBS league (4 years), and all I know is that if you use the WW, and you try to drop a player that you had, but no longer have (when the Add/Drops take place), you will NOT be granted the request. CBS computer will then move to your next request for that slot and process it, then move to the #2 WW slot, and so on. BTW, I have never seen a player awarded to 2 teams at the same time, don't even know how this is possible.

+1

It's the Commish's responsibility, as well as the other owners, to have PROPER pending waiver claims... not waiver requests that include dropping players that are no longer on the team OR submitting a waiver claim but don't have enough space on the roster.

EDIT: From CBS' Help Center...

:D

... A request cannot be executed if either the add or drop player is not available. Requests will be skipped until the first valid roster move is found. ...
Edited by kingfish247

I've only played in one CBS league a long time ago... But I know in the league that I am in now if you try to claim a player and dont have a legal drop your trade dopesnt go through and your screwed no matter who you are. I would be real pissed if this happened to me.

It sounds to me like the Commish wanted Warner but screwed up in his request to get him. Then he ABUSED his powers as Commissioner to undo the mistake that he made in order to get Warner.

If anyone else in the league had screwed up their Waiver request the same way that the Commish did, they would simply be out of luck... as he should be.

The commish fugged up his waiver claim and he should have to deal with it. Especially since it's "his" league - it's an embarrassment to screw up a waiver claim like that.

It sounds to me like the Commish wanted Warner but screwed up in his request to get him. Then he ABUSED his powers as Commissioner to undo the mistake that he made in order to get Warner.

If anyone else in the league had screwed up their Waiver request the same way that the Commish did, they would simply be out of luck... as he should be.

Only problem here is that he says in his response that he's been asked by other owners to fix these things before (and I assume he has done so). If there's precedent for allowing a mulligan on these types of things, you might be out of luck. It's still terrible practice to be fixing things like this (people shouldn't need their hands held) . . .

Only problem here is that he says in his response that he's been asked by other owners to fix these things before (and I assume he has done so). If there's precedent for allowing a mulligan on these types of things, you might be out of luck. It's still terrible practice to be fixing things like this (people shouldn't need their hands held) . . .

If he has done crap like that, time for a new commish... or a new league IMHO :D

So it sounds like he legitmately requested Warner to be added to his roster, and he had waiver priority over you.

The problem is he had a player listed to be dropped that he already dropped from his roster.

The site most likely skipped his invalid choice (beause he needed to drop someone) and granted Warner to you.

The part he is lying about is Warner was never given to 2 teams, he simply tried to fix his mistake.

I'd get him to admit that Warner was never granted to both teams, that his take is he had first dibs on Warner and that he tried to fix the move as he saw fit......which wasn't the right thing to do.

It's all well and good that that the Spastic Redstriped Beaver knew he wanted Warner, but you can't pick up someone if you don't drop someone, and he screwed up the drop part of the equation.

+1, he cheated plain and simple, he even stated he messed up and dropped the guy he was picking him up for and had to "manually" add him. I'd be livid!

I say we ask Spastic Finkter & Beavers Liquors to get to the bottom of this.

But, seriously, it's been years since I played in a Sportsline league but the waiver order at that time was clear-cut (no bidding, etc.). You say you had the first Warner option & he says it was him. What's the deal? Personally, I would never trust a commish that spells probably "prolly".

:D

+2

The rules are very clear regarding this as someone else posted, bad move by commish. I would send an email to all the teams in your leauge quoting his explanation and the rules and provide the screenshots. Your leauge will then have to decide what to do and I would assume the answer would be fairly clear.

Edited by SF409ers

Being a commish who used to have to clean up A LOT of idiots mistakes but has since moved on, here's my couple of thoughts

1) ditch CBS - i know some people still swear by it but i've never ever ever had a good experience with it (irrelevant to this topic really...but still, ditch it)

2) your commish sounds like I used to be - bunch of computer illits in the league that you need to clean up after - truth is, either he sets his foot down beginng of season and sticks by the "i'm not fixing your mistakes" even when the one guy who's always the problem makes one and pulls the "this is unfair - you fixed my problems 10 times last year" - i eventually had to do this, almost lost a few owners....in saying all that, the point is your commish runs the league a certain way on these sorts of things, and seems this topic needs to be discussed

3) now, in saying number 2, when I did this, one given with it all is my mistakes for my team were on me - i don't get to clean up my own - that is abuse regardless of intent or notification, and can't happen period....no commish can "go around" the system for benefit of his own team even if he does it for the other 9 (or 11) teams regularly

3) now, in saying number 2, when I did this, one given with it all is my mistakes for my team were on me - i don't get to clean up my own - that is abuse regardless of intent or notification, and can't happen period....no commish can "go around" the system for benefit of his own team even if he does it for the other 9 (or 11) teams regularly

I'd agree with this - I think the commish needs to be above that kind of thing, and at the very least should know how to properly execute a fraggin' waiver claim correctly.

Yep. Total abuse IMO and I would not at all feel comfortable staying in that league next year.

Awesome responses. I combined many of your responses and fed him the "this is the response from CBS" line. He fell for it and will kindly place Warner on my roster. I also told him either he was going to refund my $150 or give me Warner and post a story on the site outlining what he did, which was basically screw up his waiver claim and try to fix it with his commish powers.

Love you all. :D

+1

When will you people ever learn? :D

Not to defend CBS Sucksline, but this is an issue due to user error rather than system problems.

As others have said, it certainly appears the commish put in a waiver claim on Warner (drop Leinart) but then went ahead and dropped Leinart. Therefore, the system couldnt process his request (as you obviously cant drop a player that you've already dropped) and went on to the next request.

My guess is the commish is one of those guys who gets way too geeked up about fantasy football, is kind of an idiot, and was too impatient to just let the system process the request.

I agree that the other members of the league should be involved in making the decision on who gets to keep Warner. I say it should be the poster who started the thread who gets Warner as the Commish should lose Warner for being a clown who doesnt know how to run his own league.

ETA: Guess I am a little late. Hate when the boss is around my cube!

Edited by Delicious_bass