[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Najeh Davenport charged for "domestic incident"

HowboutthemCowboys

I used to do DV assessments...he won't do time. We're talking a year or two of probation and some classes & a fine if he pleads guilty. Some form of restraining order would be in effect now and may possible continue on as a condition of sentencing. This assumes, of course, there were no priors other than the pooper we already know about.

Another incident, though, and he'll definitely be looking at some time. Usually 30-90 days or so in county lockup. Plus, doing again all the stuff listed above.

Wonder, though, if Charmin needs a new spokesman? :D

Someone should write a poem:

There once was a Steeler named Najeh,

who crapped in a closet in college.

He now is a pro,

So when he must go,

He poops at the home of Menudo.

The refs helped out Big Ben one day

He's got one ring, more on the way?

He dinks and he dunks

He plinks and he plunks

The next Dilfer not John Elway

I used to do DV assessments...he won't do time. We're talking a year or two of probation and some classes & a fine if he pleads guilty. Some form of restraining order would be in effect now and may possible continue on as a condition of sentencing. This assumes, of course, there were no priors other than the pooper we already know about.

Another incident, though, and he'll definitely be looking at some time. Usually 30-90 days or so in county lockup. Plus, doing again all the stuff listed above.

Wonder, though, if Charmin needs a new spokesman? :D

im just curious, but why didnt they arrest him when the police were there initially? a woman called 9-1-1 and said a man was punching a woman and she was yelling "help". if he was really whacking her, wouldnt there be enough physical evidence to bring him in? i know the ohio law says that the aggressor must be identified before an arrest can be made, but if the police really thought he was that big of a threat.. dont you think they would have tried to take him off the streets? im not trying to defend the guy if he is guilty, but the case just sounds weird.

im just curious, but why didnt they arrest him when the police were there initially? a woman called 9-1-1 and said a man was punching a woman and she was yelling "help". if he was really whacking her, wouldnt there be enough physical evidence to bring him in? i know the ohio law says that the aggressor must be identified before an arrest can be made, but if the police really thought he was that big of a threat.. dont you think they would have tried to take him off the streets? im not trying to defend the guy if he is guilty, but the case just sounds weird.

It's similar here in Colorado. Sounds like there were the usual conflicting stories about who started what when, and who hit/grabbed who first, blah blah blah. Takes the police a few days to sort things out and present their case sometimes. You bring up a good point about 'really whacking her'...that's her side of the story. If the cops showed up and she's all bloody, that's one thing. If no one appears to be injured, then it's not such a slam dunk (despite what they say happened). Also, calling 911 doesn't mean much, folks call it when traffic is backed up!

Usually the stories go like this (not to minimize anything, of course, just telling you what I would read in the report, and then be told in the interview):

Victim: He came at me screaming and calling me names! Then he hit me and threw me against the wall and left the room!

Offender: We were talking about custody of the child and I started to get upset. She started hitting me and wouldn't let me out of the room. So I grabbed her shoulders, and moved her out of the doorway so I could leave and get my thoughts together.

Plus, the cops probably wanted to be sure of the facts since they were dealing with someone having a public image (soiled tho it is).

The refs helped out Big Ben one day

He's got one ring, more on the way?

He dinks and he dunks

He plinks and he plunks

The next Dilfer not John Elway

I know you are just on your typical Menudo :D expedition, and, I suppose, my response means you've got me in the boat again. However, when you :D , at least come with a shred of accuracy......................

Yards Per Completion

Ben Roethlisberger

2007 - 6th in the NFL

2006 - 7th in the NFL

2005 - 1st in the NFL

2004 - 5th in the NFL

I know you are just on your typical Menudo :D expedition, and, I suppose, my response means you've got me in the boat again. However, when you :D , at least come with a shred of accuracy......................

Yards Per Completion

Ben Roethlisberger

2007 - 6th in the NFL

2006 - 7th in the NFL

2005 - 1st in the NFL

2004 - 5th in the NFL

I saw Big Ben play last Sunday

He grinded the clock all the way

He putted and plinked

He doinked and he dinked

And let his defense save the day.