[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Kurt Warner Make ItThrough The Season?

Endzone

Warner is a stud.

I don't care how old he is, he silences the critics every time his number is called.

Then again he did screw me two years ago against the Texans in my fantasy championship. He went 10/10, 125 yards and a TD, then decided his knee hurt and he didn't want to keep playing. I lost by 3 points. Can you imagine the game he could have had? ARGGGG. :D

Regardless, he is a tough guy that can take hits. Unless the injury is amazingly serious, he'll hang in there and keep throwing.

Edited by kpholmes

The defenses will start game planning for him instead of Leinhart,not sure how much of a difference it will make .

Really?

They wouldn't keep game planning for Leinart? :D

Just kidding.

But I see the point your making.

Defenses will be looking to take advantage of a less mobile QB (than Leinart), trying to flush him out of the pocket where he won't have the speed to get away from the pressure.

If Warner stays cool in the pocket -> the defense is in trouble.

If Warner is flushed out of the pocket -> the defense will have a lot of opportunities to make plays. (Sacks and Picks)

Not that any of that wasn't obveous. :D

Really?

They wouldn't keep game planning for Leinart? :D

Just kidding.

But I see the point your making.

Defenses will be looking to take advantage of a less mobile QB (than Leinart), trying to flush him out of the pocket where he won't have the speed to get away from the pressure.

If Warner stays cool in the pocket -> the defense is in trouble.

If Warner is flushed out of the pocket -> the defense will have a lot of opportunities to make plays. (Sacks and Picks)

Not that any of that wasn't obveous. :D

Not much less, I don't think the defenses "planning" for him as opposed to Leinart will make much difference. As long as the line keeps him upright and the running game keeps it going he will continue to produce better than Leinart did abyway. It's not like Defenses worried anymore about what Matt could do with his feet, hell the guy can't drop back for a pass properly.

It's not like Leinart was known for his mobility. Further, I would like to think that defensive coordinators were smart enough to be able to change their schemes when Warner came in. It's not like the two were alternating plays or anything.

Having L Fitz and now Warner on my team, I may be looking through rose colored glasses, but I'm having a hard time seeing the impending doom so many others are. You'd think it was the first time in history that an older QB who'd had a rough stretch again found himself in a position where he could flourish.

Warner has attempted 70 passes, basically the equivalent of two games of passing the ball plenty (if not a ton). He's got one sack and one pick to show for it. Two of those partial games were against Balt and Pitt, so it's not like he was facing crappy Ds.

Do you mean to say that Pitt and Baltimore just didn't realize how easy it would be to get to him?

My guess is that, not unlike in St, L's heyday, he's got a solid offensive line in front of him, a talented RB behind him and good targets to throw to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying AZ is the second coming of the greatest show on turf, it just seems like it's closer to that than it is the train wrecks he was thrown into in NY and earlier in AZ.

I know alot of people consider him a prime free agent pickup, but I worry about his durability and his recent past history of decreasing productivity the longer he's a starter. For Arizona homers and all the Huddlers who have recently picked him up, I hope I'm wrong.

I know alot of people consider him a prime free agent pickup, but I worry about his durability and his recent past history of decreasing productivity the longer he's a starter. For Arizona homers and all the Huddlers who have recently picked him up, I hope I'm wrong.

He's in a prime situation. Wisenhunt is still going to pound the ball and then get Fitz and Bolden through the air. The players surrounding him are in their prime and will make up for any short commings he may have.

Warner's numbers for the last few years are not that great. That being said it looks more like he is on the "2005" pace, ~270 yds/GM, 1td/GM, 1 int/GM average...

|			  Passing				  |	 Rushing	 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+| Year  TM |   G |  Comp   Att   PCT	YD   Y/A  TD INT |  Att  Yards  TD |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+| 2004 nyg |  10 |   174   277  62.8  2054   7.4   6   4 |	13	30   1 || 2005 ari |  10 |   242   375  64.5  2713   7.2  11   9 |	13	28   0 || 2006 ari |   7 |   108   168  64.3  1377   8.2   6   5 |	13	 3   0 || 2007 ari |   3 |   43	 69  62.3   580   8.4   4   1 |	 4	 0   1 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

Warner is a stud.

I don't care how old he is, he silences the critics every time his number is called.

He didn't with the Giants, but he held on to the ball too long over there. If he can play within himself he could last the season.