[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hunting Vehicles

Perchoutofwater

I was recently looking for a new hunting vehicle. I started looking at Kawasaki Mules, John Deere Gators, Polaris Rangers and even the electric "Bad Boy". What I found was that I could get a Japanese Mini-truck for the same money or less than what these cost, plus it is enclosed and has heat which is nice in the winter. If you are looking for a new hunting vehicle, I would highly recommend you take a look at these. While they are slightly more expensive than a four wheeler, they are in line or less than other vehicles, and can get in and out of places a Jeep can't. The one I got is a Diahatsu. It has a 3 cylinder Toyota motor in it. From what I have been able to tell Suzuki and Diahatsu are the two best to buy. Apparently because of government subsidies in Japan to the auto industry, companies are forced to buy new mini trucks after they have 40,000 km on them, so they have started shipping them over here. Mine will get around 80 miles to the gallon of road, if I don't dog it. It has rhino guard on the entire exterior with the exception of the roll cage. Here are some pictures.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Per...initruck002.jpg

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Per...initruck001.jpg

can u hunt in a vehicle down south??? we cant we actually have to go into the woods :D

We don't hunt from the vehicle, but you do need a vehicle to get to the blinds, and it is much easier to drive down into a ravine and throw the dear in the bed than it is to put it over your shoulders and haul it out yourself. I'm not sure if hunting from the truck on private property is legal or not, but I wouldn't do it, just because I would have concerns with how safe that would be.

So what does one of those run? Looks like fun.

I paid $10,200 cash for it. You can get them anywhere from $6,000 all the way up to about $25,000 depending on what kind of lift / suspension, wheels, tires, roll cage, snow plow, paint job, lights, accessories, etc....

How can it get in and out of places a jeep can't?

It is narrower, and has a much steeper angle of approach. In addition, the motor is actually below the seat in the cab, so it has a much lower center of gravity.

I was recently looking for a new hunting vehicle. I started looking at Kawasaki Mules, John Deere Gators, Polaris Rangers and even the electric "Bad Boy". What I found was that I could get a Japanese Mini-truck for the same money or less than what these cost, plus it is enclosed and has heat which is nice in the winter. If you are looking for a new hunting vehicle, I would highly recommend you take a look at these. While they are slightly more expensive than a four wheeler, they are in line or less than other vehicles, and can get in and out of places a Jeep can't. The one I got is a Diahatsu. It has a 3 cylinder Toyota motor in it. From what I have been able to tell Suzuki and Diahatsu are the two best to buy. Apparently because of government subsidies in Japan to the auto industry, companies are forced to buy new mini trucks after they have 40,000 km on them, so they have started shipping them over here. Mine will get around 80 miles to the gallon of road, if I don't dog it. It has rhino guard on the entire exterior with the exception of the roll cage. Here are some pictures.

I was going to buy one to use to drive around someone dressed in our Bear Mascot Costume and i was going to have it wrapped with our logo and stuff....unfortunately they are not street legal

We don't hunt from the vehicle, but you do need a vehicle to get to the blinds, and it is much easier to drive down into a ravine and throw the dear in the bed than it is to put it over your shoulders and haul it out yourself. I'm not sure if hunting from the truck on private property is legal or not, but I wouldn't do it, just because I would have concerns with how safe that would be.

were i hunt u could never drive that thing.... or anything into youre stand area...

Nice... but prefer a four wheeler to haul out my deer and elk; bu then again I always enjoy packing out an elk by hand if a four wheeler won't get into where I hunt.