[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Handy Men

pork chop express

OK, so don't give me too much grief. i am the first to admit that i do not know how to fix things and that i have a short attention span. so i come to the tailgate with my hat in hand and ask for some advice.

i have this damn mirror that i have tried to hang about five times. i have bought several different kits and can't seem to get the correct one. i have tried to weave the wire around the back of it and draw it tight, then put it on the wall. the thing just is not cooperating.

anyone have any experience with this type of thing? the mirror weighs around 90 lbs and is rectangular..nothing special, one i bought at lowes. it is metal, so i can't just screw the thing into the wall. i really do not want to pay someone $100 to do this, but I am fast approaching this due to frustration. any advice is greatly appreciated. any detailed advice is supremely appreciated.

OK, so don't give me too much grief. i am the first to admit that i do not know how to fix things and that i have a short attention span. so i come to the tailgate with my hat in hand and ask for some advice.

i have this damn mirror that i have tried to hang about five times. i have bought several different kits and can't seem to get the correct one. i have tried to weave the wire around the back of it and draw it tight, then put it on the wall. the thing just is not cooperating.

anyone have any experience with this type of thing? the mirror weighs around 90 lbs and is rectangular..nothing special, one i bought at lowes. it is metal, so i can't just screw the thing into the wall. i really do not want to pay someone $100 to do this, but I am fast approaching this due to frustration. any advice is greatly appreciated. any detailed advice is supremely appreciated.

not sure if you've tried these things.... not sure the name.... mounting nails.... i could draw one for you. hammer a nail through it. it's for hanging mirrors, paintings, etc.

not sure if you've tried these things.... not sure the name.... mounting nails.... i could draw one for you. hammer a nail through it. it's for hanging mirrors, paintings, etc.

:D

i tried that and it will not work as the stud that I would have to use is not located so that the mirror will be centered properly.

i tried that and it will not work as the stud that I would have to use is not located so that the mirror will be centered properly.

Hard to comment without a visual but can you use heavy duty anchors so a stud is not needed because you are obviously not a stud. :D:wacko:

Seriously, heavy duty anchors, probably 2 should do the trick.

Edited by chiefjay

It doesn't have to be centered, if you have the wire mounted to the back on each side of the mirror you should be able to move it L or R so that gravity plumbs the mirror.

Edited by Front Row

I've used anchors every time I've hung a big mirror and they work perfectly (although they weren't 90 lbs and I'm sure yours isn't either unless it's outrageously hugh). Mark where they need to be, drill hole just barely big enough to pound an anchor in, then it's easy as pie.