[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FEMA continues the Bush trend of fake government

AtomicCEO

FEMA holds fake press conference on fires

Instead of having a press conference with reporters asking potentially tricky questions... FEMA decided to hold a fake press conference and answer easy questions from FEMA employees posing as reporters.

Kinda like hiring a gay male prostitute to pose as a reporter and ask softball questions to Bush.

Kinda like tax dollars paying for a supposedly independent blogger to write stories favorable to Republicans in an election year.

Kinda like having campaign events where attendees must sign an oath to support Bush before being allowed to enter, leading to possibly the softest softball questions ever asked of a man about to achieve a 20% approval rating a year later.

Your leaders at work, folks! Stand proud for the government that YOU create!! :D

Edited by AtomicCEO

"I hope readers understand we're working very hard to establish credibility and integrity, and I would hope this does not undermine it."

Umm... hate to break it to you, but...

God I am so f'ing ashamed. How short is the list of countries that we can still make fun of considering what a farce we've become?

F Bush. My only concern now is Hillary could be even worse. :D

I doubt it. I hope whoever wins exposes everything they have done. I doubt if we have more than an inkling of it.

I don't believe she will ignore science and experts. And have hacks re-write scientific recommendations. In some ways she'll sell out but with Bill there at least we should know facts before making decisions.

I don't see how anyone with half a brain could be worse. These people have set science back half a dozen years and even helped our enemies get what they want.

Bin Laden wants $100 oil and so does ("I looked unto his eyes and saw his soul") Putin.

FEMA holds fake press conference on fires

Instead of having a press conference with reporters asking potentially tricky questions... FEMA decided to hold a fake press conference and answer easy questions from FEMA employees posing as reporters.

Kinda like hiring a gay male prostitute to pose as a reporter and ask softball questions to Bush.

Kinda like tax dollars paying for a supposedly independent blogger to write stories favorable to Republicans in an election year.

Kinda like having campaign events where attendees must sign an oath to support Bush before being allowed to enter, leading to possibly the softest softball questions ever asked of a man about to achieve a 20% approval rating a year later.

Your leaders at work, folks! Stand proud for the government that YOU create!! :D

[H8]FEMA had to run the press conference like this because this is the only way they could get the truth out. Dam the libera media.[/H8]

Politics aside, who really was responsible for this. Did they really think they wouldn't get caught. I just don't understand the mind set of people in power.

well mostly thats because people elected or in power don't come form middle class.... they don't know reality if they watch it on tv

Politics aside, who really was responsible for this. Did they really think they wouldn't get caught. I just don't understand the mind set of people in power.

That was my thought too. Having provided a conference call line for real journalists to hear what was going on, surely they must have realized those same journalists would be wondering who was asking the questions and had managed to get there at 15 minutes notice? And then they'd easily find out. :D

Beyond the obvious fraud, the stupidity defies belief.

Beyond the obvious fraud, the stupidity defies belief.

Totally agree... and what I still can't figure out here (and maybe I just haven't seen the stories) is that up until this point, it had sounded to me like the disaster response of San Diego, California, and FEMA was all going quite well. This is like Belichick trying to steal signals when he's already got a great team. What kind of undisclosed incompetence was going on behind the scenes that required this kind of charade?

Totally agree... and what I still can't figure out here (and maybe I just haven't seen the stories) is that up until this point, it had sounded to me like the disaster response of San Diego, California, and FEMA was all going quite well. This is like Belichick trying to steal signals when he's already got a great team. What kind of undisclosed incompetence was going on behind the scenes that required this kind of charade?

FEMA is still trying to recover from the Katrina fiasco so they wanted to trumpet what was actually a display of reasonable competence. Note: comparing Katrina to SD fires is the height of idiocy but let that ride for the moment. The point is twofold, I think:

1. They desperately wanted to shout about not being complete morans after all.

2. They were still terrified of having to answer awkward questions, whether justifiable or not. Paranoia has set in, it seems.