[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A movie for your kids?

muck

I actually read this trilogy a few years ago. I dont remember them being especially anti-christian. Kinda reminded me of Clive Barker's fantasy works (Imajica, Great and Secret Show) dumbed down. Maybe I'll have to go back and re-read them with this in mind.

I appreciate the :D on the information about this upcoming release. With 4 kids I am always looking for good family entertainment and this type of movie will not be on our list of things to see over the holidays.

And this is any different from books and movies that promote Christianity, how?

I do not think this was a heads up for atheist parents. It was for the parents who value their children's hope of God. Not trying to start a war but he never said you should not see it.

Just provinding a little CSA.

Some will find the movie a turn-off ... some will find it a turn on.

Relatedly:

well if its anti christian i will see it for sure :D

Yup. But, if you don't want to know about it, you can die for them instead.

:wacko:

So, seeing as how I'm going to die anyway... :D

back on topic, next you are going to tell me that Charlton Heston is not Moses. :D

Fortunately, I do not choose my families education or entertainment based on religious overtones. There is no reason to introduce bigotry into ones view of the world :whew:

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE - if it makes y'all feel better, the major studios are showing their typical level of guts and backbone by spending mucho $$$ to acquire a property and then changing it.

To wit - most reviews I've seen of The Golden Compass indicate that the bulk of, if not ALL, the anti-religious messages. Which led one reviewer to ponder how they were going to film the 3rd book (if necessary), since it is EXPLICITLY and OVERTLY anti-religion.

Not surprisingly, the capital C christians are up in arms over the movie, but from what I understand, the book(s) aren't anti religion...they're anti ORGANIZED religion. Big diff.

Well, if my understanding is correct, in the final book they go to KILL GOD.

I dunno, sounds like the level of organization is irrelevant; but I could be wrong.