[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wally World unadvertised deals(HD DVD player $100)

keggerz

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=2627499

HD DVD for $100

50" Plasma for $1000

Acer Laptop for $350

Yea the one I saw was just for tommorow between certain times and it was through Walmart. Check out this link

http://www.slickdeals.net/

I can tell you that you should be at your local wal-mart for the opening of the blitz sale the day after thanksgiving and you be really happy. I can neither confirm or deny what you asked.

I would not buy a DVD player from walmart regardless how good a deal it appears to be.

I've had great luck buying the cheapest dvd player available at Target or Walmart.

In my experience working with writable DVD media since before they were commercially available to the public, cheap discount brands have been compatible with more types of media than the expensive name brand players from Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, and Samsung.

They will burn out in a year, but for the price, you can buy one or two more and still save money.

there shouldn't be too many of these players available as these are the 2nd generation players and they are on clearance...because the 3rd generation players just came out (A3)...these are the A2 models that collected dust forever and the price came down to 199 and then a 72 hour special for 98 bucks...

I personally won't buy one unless WB goes exclusive to HD DVD and prolongs the war...

right now they are apparently leaning towards Blu-ray...but if they go exclusive to HD DVD, then I'm going to have to pony up and buy one of these because that means the war will go on for another year or 2....

I'm in need of a DVD player right now. Instead of waiting or buying a regular one I think I'll pony up the cheap $100 & just enjoy the enhancement it gives my current DVDs. Then, a year from now when the player goes out maybe they will have decided which format has won teh war & I can sink my dollars into that.

I'm in need of a DVD player right now. Instead of waiting or buying a regular one I think I'll pony up the cheap $100 & just enjoy the enhancement it gives my current DVDs. Then, a year from now when the player goes out maybe they will have decided which format has won teh war & I can sink my dollars into that.

yeah, I personally already own a Blu-ray player and won't buy into both formats unless Blu-ray loses...

which doesn't seem to be the case....

HD DVD doesn't have many top notch titles....but they do have Transformers....

I'd hate to do this though as I already own 27 Blu-ray movies...or maybe 28, I forget....

if you haven't invested into either side yet...this isn't a bad way to get into HD media... even though I despise the HD DVD format...this is dirt cheap, even if it's only temporary.....it's not a bad deal..

I've had great luck buying the cheapest dvd player available at Target or Walmart.

In my experience working with writable DVD media since before they were commercially available to the public, cheap discount brands have been compatible with more types of media than the expensive name brand players from Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, and Samsung.

They will burn out in a year, but for the price, you can buy one or two more and still save money.

+1

It's easy to sell things at half price when you don't give employees benefits. And the person that made your tv earns 13 cents an hour in a warehouse in Timbuktoo

Wal-Mart insurance paid out over 325k thus far for us this year. Our part is less than 6k.

I think those are decent benefits but what do i know.

I picked up the notebook this morning for 350.00

here are the specs.

I have 15 days to return it.

keep it or send it back?

here is the specs

ACER Aspire 5315-2153

Processor: Intel Celeron M processor 530 1.7GHz

Memory:1GB

HD Capacity: 80 Gb

Display: 15.4"

Graphics Card: Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Operating System: Vista Home Premium

Optical Drive: DVD / CD-RW

LAN: 10/100

Wireless LAN: 802.11 B/G

Size (WxDxH): 366 (W) x 274 (D) x 33.6/42.6 (H) mm

Weight: 2.8kg

Full Specifications:

Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic

Chipset: Mobile Intel GL960 Express Chipset

CPU Section:

Microprocessor Full Name:Intel Celeron M processor 530

Microprocessor Manufacturer:Intel

Microprocessor Speed (GHz):1.7

L2 Cache (KB):1Mb

Frontside Bus (MHz):533

Memory:

Memory Speed (MHz):533

Memory Type:DDR2

Memory Size (MB):1024 Mb

Max Memory Size:2Gb

Hard Disk Drive:

Hard Drive Capacity (GB):80 Gb

Optical Drive:

Optical Drive Type:8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive

Optical Drive Fitting:Built In

Optical Drive Speed Read:24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM

Optical Drive Speed Write:24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM

Display:

Display Type:Acer Crystalbrite

Diagonal Size (in):15.4"

Resolution Format:1280 x 800

Resolution Type:WXGA

Graphics:

Graphic Card Full Name:Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Memory:128 Mb Shared

Interfaces:

DC in:YES

Audio out:YES

Audio out Type:Headphone/speaker/line-out jack

Microphone Jack:YES

RJ-11 Direct Port (Modem):YES

RJ-45 Direct Port (Network):YES

USB Port (quantity):3

VGA Connector for Monitor:YES

Express Card Slot:YES

Express Card Type:ExpressCard/54

Battery:

Battery Type:53.3 W 4800 mAh Li-ion battery pack (6-cell)

Connectivity

Built-in Modem:YES, 56K ITU V.92

Integrated Wireless LAN:YES, InviLink 802.11b/g

Ethernet network:10/100MHz Ethernet

Multimedia:

Intel High Definition Audio compatible:YES

Built-in Stereo Speakers:YES

3D Surround:Dolby Digital Live

Windows Sound System Compatible:YES

Features:

Special Buttons:Easy Launch Buttons: WLAN, Internet, Email, Acer Arcade, Empowering Key, Volume Wheel

Supplied Accessories

AC Adaptor:Yes

Battery:Yes

Power Cord:Yes

Edited by moneymakers

My HD DVD player came with the HDMI cable included.

thought that was a nice little bonus.

The cable is crap. Go buy a real one.

The cable is crap. Go buy a real one.

ok i have to ask why....thought that HDMI was HDMI and unless you were running in walls or very long distances that it didnt matter?

oh and this is a good spot to plug www.monoprice.com

I hear Wal-Mart is going to test market a stuff-your-own teddy bear section in a couple of states...

they have had them in some stores for at least 3-4 yrs now

we sell an experience...wait there is nothing like a walmart experience is there :D

We bought 2 from Walmart in the last 1.5 years after our sony finally bit the dust after like 6 years. I think we paid around $35 for them...the older one just crapped out last week. We'll probably buy another cheep one before we go the HD route........