[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts are Cheaters?

theeohiostate

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a theory on why Brady wears wristbands.

Seriously, the guy has been in the offense long enough to know all the plays. Reportedly he spends a lot of time studying each week, so the play-calls should be easy to remember, especially if someone just read it into your ear using the coach-to-quarterback communication. So why the wristband?

Because you can number the plays on a wristband. And then, all you have to do is call in a number into Brady's helmet. Brady can then read the corresponding play off to his offensive teammates. Why doesn't the play call get sent in like most other teams? I know other QB's wear wristbands. Usually new guys or dumb guys (like Vince Young) who can't remember the plays. But why Brady?

Because Coach Bill is scared someone is listening to the play-calling. Why would he be that paranoid? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE PATRIOTS DO, THEY LISTEN TO THE OPPOSING TEAM'S COMMUNICATIONS. The most paranoid guy about cheating is usually paranoid cause he's the best cheater.

Official Caveman Nick dislosure:

Now, nothing's been proven, and I'm not saying this is true, and until it's proven true, I dunno, but that's a theory.

Edited by CaptainHook

Seriously, the guy has been in the offense long enough to know all the plays. Reportedly he spends a lot of time studying each week, so the play-calls should be easy to remember, especially if someone just read it into your ear using the coach-to-quarterback communication. So why the wristband?

Because you can number the plays on a wristband. And then, all you have to do is call in a number into Brady's helmet. Brady can then read the corresponding play off to his offensive teammates. Why doesn't the play call get sent in like most other teams? I know other QB's wear wristbands. Usually new guys or dumb guys (like Vince Young) who can't remember the plays. But why Brady?

Because Coach Bill is scared someone is listening to the play-calling. Why would he be that paranoid? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE PATRIOTS DO, THEY LISTEN TO THE OPPOSING TEAM'S COMMUNICATIONS. The most paranoid guy about cheating is usually paranoid cause he's the best cheater.

Now, nothing's been proven, and I'm not saying this is true, and until it's proven true, I dunno, but that's a theory.

That or he doesnt want sweat dripping down his arm to his hand that he is using to throw the ball

Edited by whomper

the funniest part of this stupid thread is the pats fans being all like "phew, i'm glad you posted this, 'cause i didn't want to look like a total whiny d00sh and post it myself"....and then once the ice is broken turning around and :D for 6 pages even after it's exposed as a total non-issue. :D

they just want sooo desperately for someone else to be tagged as cheaters so they can say "i know you are but what am i?" :wacko:

That's an interesting theory. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were true. While Brady may be a ghey metrosexual who fathers children out of wedlock, he's NOT dumb and he has no need to wear a wristband.

That or he doesnt want sweat dripping down his arm to his hand that he is using to throw the ball

:D

I'm talking about the clear plastic wrist band with plays in it, whomp. Not the fuzzy blue ones. :D

So what you guys are saying is... Christian Laettner cheats? :wacko::D:D

Here's a theory (albeit a completely unfounded one): The NFL, Colts and Patriots feed the media this kind of crap. The more controversial and bitter these teams seem toward each other, the better the rivalry. The better the rivalry, the better the ratings (and more money in everyone's pockets). Kinda reminds me of all of the hype from the good ole' days of the WWF in the mid 80s. Get the two best wrestlers, give them controversial storylines, and watch the pay-per-view sales fly through the roof for Wrestlemania. In the end, the NFL is a business after all.

Here's a theory (albeit a completely unfounded one): The NFL, Colts and Patriots feed the media this kind of crap. The more controversial and bitter these teams seem toward each other, the better the rivalry. The better the rivalry, the better the ratings (and more money in everyone's pockets). Kinda reminds me of all of the hype from the good ole' days of the WWF in the mid 80s. Get the two best wrestlers, give them controversial storylines, and watch the pay-per-view sales fly through the roof for Wrestlemania. In the end, the NFL is a business after all.

If Peyton steals Gisele, then I think you will have something there. :D

That and it's probably easier for the OC to call in numbers rather then full plays. Why even risk the play being called in wrong or not hearing it because of crowd noise? Plus if communication does go down it's less of an impact on the playcalling.

they just want sooo desperately for someone else to be tagged as cheaters so they can say "i know you are but what am i?" :D

Bingo. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Pats front office leaked this, as they're now learning that being the best at all costs doesn't command respect. Since everybody west and south of NY hates their guts now, their only way to save face is to lower the bar and project the impression that other organizations are equally shady.

That and it's probably easier for the OC to call in numbers rather then full plays. Why even risk the play being called in wrong or not hearing it because of crowd noise? Plus if communication does go down it's less of an impact on the playcalling.

:D

wow!...i see this thread has given a platform for you whinney a$$ Cults fans who didnt get any sleep lastnight

because your beloved Pony's and PaYton Mannlove coughed it up in front of a national audience

in the biggest regular season game in NFL HISTORY!

take your beating like men instead of Mydol deprived hormonal bitchez.

stop dragging down a great game. God, it must SUCK living in Indy today....or any day for that matter.

1. I believe that CBS has explained the "skipping" sound heard, so the "piped in crow noise" theory is bunk

2. I wouldn't have singled you out if you hadn't decided to throw in other unsubstantiated rumors of the Colts altering the temperature of the the AFC Championship.

3. I never said you complained about the crowd noise. My original post was at the Pats fans that were. I only singled you out for Temperaturegate.

I don't believe there was piped in crowd noise and if there was it wouldn't have mattered anyway the Pats would still have won.

wow!...i see this thread has given a platform for you whinney a$$ Cults fans who didnt get any sleep lastnight

because your beloved Pony's and PaYton Mannlove coughed it up in front of a national audience

stop dragging down a great game. God, it must SUCK living in Indy today....or any day for that matter.

Typical New England Charm. Their fans are as deplorable as their coach.

Typical New England Charm. Their fans are as deplorable as their coach.

no he has a good point you two bufoons are pathetic crybabies. Take your loss like men and regroup because your team is going to have a pissed off Charger team breathing down your throats next weeked at home on National TV.

They call it by number to get out of the huddle faster. Brady spends a lot of time pre snap calling out the mike so the line can make protection adjustments. You will also notice, especially on the road, that while in shotgun Brady usually does a hard foot stomp for a fake snap hoping the defense will show the blitz and coverage. This all takes time so getting the played called as fast as possible helps.

no he has a good point you two bufoons are pathetic crybabies. Take your loss like men and regroup because your team is going to have a pissed off Charger team breathing down your throats next weeked at home on National TV.

Wait, wait, wait. A bunch of Pats fans crying about piped in crow noise in a Patriots VICTORY, and you guys are coming in and calling Colts fans crybabies? That's rich.

They call it by number to get out of the huddle faster. Brady spends a lot of time pre snap calling out the mike so the line can make protection adjustments. You will also notice, especially on the road, that while in shotgun Brady usually does a hard foot stomp for a fake snap hoping the defense will show the blitz and coverage. This all takes time so getting the played called as fast as possible helps.

:D at this dodo giving me "insight" into the Patriots pre-snap. As if Brady invented the wheel. Give me a break. Brady learned that foot-stomping trick from Manning, who has been doing it for years. Obviously he didn't watch the Colts offense do the same thing.

And Brady doesn't call out the number to his offensive mates. He reads the play of his wristband. How exactly does that save time?

Edited by CaptainHook

Wait, wait, wait. A bunch of Pats fans crying about piped in crow noise in a Patriots VICTORY, and you guys are coming in and calling Colts fans crybabies? That's rich.

I ddin't buy that piped in crowd noise right from the get go. That was all hogwash IMO. And like I said even if there were piped in noise the Pats still would have won the game. :D