[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Honest thoughts on AP/CTaylor...

peepinmofo

I have a spot locked for the playoffs and figure why not try and get the highest score since I haven't done that yet and have been in the top 3 the majority of the season....

for anyone who wants to know...Selvin Young and LenDale White will have career days on my bench...start them without worry...

My guess is a 60:40 split going Chester's way for carries/touches. However, AP can do more with those touches than most backs can do with 100% of their touches. And, I may be dead wrong - he may get much more.

That's pretty much the way I'm looking at it. It's always risky to start a player the first week back from an injury, and Peterson's workload could be limited, but he can put up double digit fantasy points on a single touch.

Chester Taylor should get pleny of work and he's no slouch either, so I would feel pretty good about starting either of them or even both of them if I wasn't crazy about my other options. There were times during the 2002 season when I had to start both Micheal Bennett and Moe Williams due to injuries elsewhere and I usually did pretty good with them.

Edited by tomfin2000

At 5-6 the Vikings need this win to have any hope of a wilcard. The Packers are the only real tough game they have left except for the NYG, which they'll need to beat, so they'll roll the dice with AP this week only if they have to. My guess is AP gets a few touches just to test him, but if the Vikings get a lead he won't see much, especially if Chester is running the ball well, which he has been. I'm playing Chester over Fred Taylor today as Chester should get 80 and a TD... ok, one more look in the crystal ball and he gets 86.4 and a TD. If the Lions passing game works well and they get a 14 point lead, it could sorta force their hand and they may need an AP spark to get them back in... my guess is the Vikings D will step up and Chester will get the stats.

I think they will use Chester for the early part of the game... then depending upon how the first couple of series goes, they will decide how much to use AD. Sicne the Lions can be run upon, I would guess that we see a lot of Chester in the first half and then much more of AD in the second half (kinda like a closer). I would guess 60:40 split in favor of Chester, but I still think AD ends up with better stats at the end of the game.

Same situation. I am thinking AP will play, but to what degree. If I was the Vikings I wouldn't just throw him in. I'd use Chester as the feature and throw AP in as a change of pace, but only , say 6 times or so to test the legs. It seems to me that he's rushing back from the injury a bit fast. Don't get me wrong, I own him and want him to get back on the field, but I'd say an emergency situation would be the only way AP sees a large amount of snaps.

I'm thinking of benching him for Ernest GRaham, my other RB's will be Gore and Fargas. I don't want to miss out on a huge day from the man, but I have to think he's being rushed back too soon.

I'm starting AP. He lobbied the coach to play in the game last week. So, yes he does have a brace on (for the first time) but I still think you have to play the homerun threat. If they call the right play and catch a team on a blitz...AP can go for 60 yards and a TD without really having to make a juke move. I'm not saying that is something to count on, but Taylor (while good) doesn't have that kind ability (most don't). I expect AP to get at least 15 touches (CBS says they expect 20 at least, but I don't really trust them). If the game is on the line and AP is actually healthy, you might see a lot more of AP than the fans expect (or want).

I'm starting AP. He lobbied the coach to play in the game last week. So, yes he does have a brace on (for the first time) but I still think you have to play the homerun threat. If they call the right play and catch a team on a blitz...AP can go for 60 yards and a TD without really having to make a juke move. I'm not saying that is something to count on, but Taylor (while good) doesn't have that kind ability (most don't). I expect AP to get at least 15 touches (CBS says they expect 20 at least, but I don't really trust them). If the game is on the line and AP is actually healthy, you might see a lot more of AP than the fans expect (or want).

I have this gut feeling that he'll see no more than 5 or 6 carries....

I just said the saame thing to someone... I think they have him run just enough to get him back in to being tackled.

yeah..all week I felt good about plugging AD in my lineup...

I just pulled him out for LenDale...

this means AD will get 15 touches for 120 yds and 2 TD's...

yeah..all week I felt good about plugging AD in my lineup...

I just pulled him out for LenDale...

this means AD will get 15 touches for 120 yds and 2 TD's...

Damn you! I have Lendale in my Huddle MVP lineup based on you benching him earlier and now you're screwing with my mojo.

I have ADP in my big money league but right now have him on my bench in favor of Kolby Smith. I just have a hunch he won't play much, if at all. I mean, even if they are still technically in the playoff hunt, why risk hurting the 'future' during a meaningless season.

If it's 60/40 split, then AD should be knocked down to a decent RB1 play today instead of a heads above shoulder one. He says that the brace doesn't slow him down. He wanted to play last week but now it sounds more like reality set in for this week. I think that AD can still give you the big play ability today. I'm starting him over Kolby Smith, Chester and Fred Taylor, and Ron Dayne in a league. All these RBs and now you know why I need Fitz. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

If it's 60/40 split, then AD should be knocked down to a decent RB1 play today instead of a heads above shoulder one. He says that the brace doesn't slow him down. He wanted to play last week but now it sounds more like reality set in for this week. I think that AD can still give you the big play ability today. I'm starting him over Kolby Smith, Chester and Fred Taylor, and Ron Dayne in a league. All these RBs and now you know why I need Fitz. :D

Interesting - you are starting ADP over Kolby Smith - I am doing the opposite (as of now). I might make the last minute change to ADP but my hunch is he will be more of a decoy this week.

Damn you! I have Lendale in my Huddle MVP lineup based on you benching him earlier and now you're screwing with my mojo.

I have ADP in my big money league but right now have him on my bench in favor of Kolby Smith. I just have a hunch he won't play much, if at all. I mean, even if they are still technically in the playoff hunt, why risk hurting the 'future' during a meaningless season.

ahah I wish henry was suspended...I would just run Young...:D

AP just got the first carry of the game (started) for no gain.

On 2nd down he missed a blitz pickup and gave up a sack.

C Taylor in on 3rd down and picks up a 1st.

Bryant McKinnie got hurt on 2nd down but is back in now.

AP still getting the 1st/2nd down snaps. He just broke a big run.

Edited by myhousekey

AP just got the first carry of the game (started) for no gain.

On 2nd down he missed a blitz pickup and gave up a sack.

C Taylor in on 3rd down and picks up a 1st.

Bryant McKinnie got hurt on 2nd down but is back in now.

AP still getting the 1st/2nd down snaps. He just broke a big run.

you're welcome...

1st - AP catches a nice first down pass on a play action fake.

1st - AP gets stuffed for no gain.

2nd - AP runs hard up the middle for 4 yards.

3rd - CT used for blitz protection.

1st - CT goes out for a pass after play action.

1st - AP gains 2 over the left side.

2nd - CT catches a short pass in the flat.

3rd - AP used as a decoy; FB gets 1st down.

1st - AP tries to catch a screen but is well covered.

2nd - AP - Touchdown run to right side!!!

Edited by myhousekey

AP back in on 1st down for this series. Catches a nice first down pass on a play action fake.

AP in on 1st down and gets stuffed for no gain.

AP on 2nd down runs hard up the middle for 4 yards.

CT in on 3rd down.

Looks like the trend for right now is to run AP on 1/2 down and give CT 3rd down.

at least I know I can start him next week...

finally.....SJax and AD in the same starting lineup...and at least healthy enough....:D