[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cleveland Hosed?

keggerz

no interest either way.

I have the exact opposite view- I think they got it right. I honestly do not think he would have come down in bounds even without the contact.

see...from that viewpoint, I agree...

but the fact that he was pushed out before he could try to get both feet in bounds is what qualifies it as a push out and not what it looked like was going to happen...

the defensive players didn't allow the play to play out naturally...

now if they swatted the ball out of his hands and pushed him out, then that is fine....but he had possession and was pushed out of bounds.....and he managed to get one of his feet right there even after being pushed...

elite WR's make plays like that all the time...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.

Did you see his response to the fact that the referees chose to review a FG this year when it is explicitly against the rules? I really wanted to catch that one but missed it. I'm sure he lied and said there was no review ... presuming it was even discussed.

I missed that one as well. I think this week they might have to focus on this game entirely!

Irish, if by "going for the ball" you mean "slamming into Winslow's ribcage with forearms trying to knock him out of bounds" then, yeah, he was going for the ball. :D

nfl.com

They show it here at the end of the highlights reel.

I can see it both ways really. Both Cardinal players appeared to be looking at the ball while it was in the air, but maybe #35 he was just timing the hit to Winslow as he did end up in his ribcage as you say.

Meh. Probably a good non-call all things considered. :D

Irish, if by "going for the ball" you mean "slamming into Winslow's ribcage with forearms trying to knock him out of bounds" then, yeah, he was going for the ball. :D

maybe irish can tell us when intent was added to the rule book for a force out

for all we know the S was ghey and wanted to rub winslow

NTTIAWWT

Edited by keggerz

nfl.com

They show it here at the end of the highlights reel.

I can see it both ways really. Both Cardinal players appeared to be looking at the ball while it was in the air, but maybe #35 he was just timing the hit to Winslow as he did end up in his ribcage as you say.

Meh. Probably a good non-call all things considered. :D

Push out. He would have had the opportunity to get both feet inbounds. Doesn't mean he would have necessarily as it was close, but if you freeze frame it at the moment before contact the opportunity was there.

Edited by Crazysight

After looking at it and stop and starting the replay a bunch of times, I'm 95% sure it's a push out. When you watch his left leg, it is on path to land in bounds but once the safety hits him his left leg gets brought back up into the air and then the receiver is unable to get it back down in the endzone. The reason i say that i'm not 100% sure it was a push out is that i only looked at it from one angle.

From what I seen he dotted 1 foot and was pushed out without being able to attempt to get the second one in.It would have been close,but his momentum didnt carry him out of bounds ,the defenders did.

Edited by xtra