[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super bowl winners ...

Grits and Shins

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft?

2. What was your regular season record?

3. What seed were you in your playoffs?

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they?

5. What were the key free agent moves you made?

6. What were the key trades you made?

7. What was the line up you started in the SB?

LOCAL, 12 team redrafter performance league with PPR and TE required

1. 1st pick, LaDanian Tomlinson

2. 12-1 with my only loss coming to the other team to make the SB

3. 1 seed

4. I drafted 6 of my 9 starters: LT, Jacobs, Wayne, White, Witten and Gostkowski

5. McDonald was key because he was a key component in an important trade. Kurt Warner was instrumental as I had drafted Campbell and Young.

6. Traded McDonald + Pittman for Fitz immediately after Cadillac's injury

7. Warner, LT, Jacobs, Wayne, White, Fitz, Witten, Gostkowski, TBB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? fourteenth out of fourteen, Ronnie Brown

2. What was your regular season record? 10-3

3. What seed were you in your playoffs?#2

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? Everyone except my defense. Roethlisberger, Edge, Chester Taylor, Moss, Boldin, Welker, Graham.

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? Titans D, had to play musical WR with my third spot with Boldin being hurt so much

6. What were the key trades you made? none, but not from a lack of trying

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? Roethlisberger, Edge, C. Taylor, Moss, Boldin, Welker, Graham, Tenn

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? 2nd - sjax (10 team)

2. What was your regular season record? 9-4-1

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? no. 2

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? 6 - romo, sjax, jacobs, holt, johnson (cin), winslow

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? adding tampa's def late in the season & hanson as my kicker this week (dropped crosby)

6. What were the key trades you made? traded mjd for m. harrison (didn't work out at all) & traded foster for l. evans

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? romo, sjax, jacobs, holt, cj, evans, winslow, hanson, & tampa bay

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft?-5th and Frank Gore

2. What was your regular season record?-7-6 barely made the playoffs

3. What seed were you in your playoffs?-4th

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they?-2 A. Johnson and A. Gates

5. What were the key free agent moves you made?-Fred Taylor and Aaron Stecker

6. What were the key trades you made?-made none

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? Warner, Stecker, F. Taylor, A. Johnson, B. Engram, A. Gates, R. Gould, and TB D

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? Auction, 1st player was R.Moss for $17

2. What was your regular season record? 9-5

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? 2

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? 4-Housh, R. Moss, Gates, Vinatieri

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? Warner, Crosby

6. What were the key trades you made? Didn't have one, but key trade I didn't make was Gates & Chatman for Bush & Shockey.

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? Warner, K.Smith, K.Watson, Housh, R.Moss, Gates, Vinatieri, Redskins

Edited by Def.

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? 1st - LT

2. What was your regular season record? 11-3

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? 1st

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? 2, LT and Witten

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? Warner, played the WW for my #2 WR and Def well

6. What were the key trades you made? Traded Brown and Walker for CJ and Jacobs

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? Warner, LT, Jacobs, Patten, Curtis, Witten, Folk, NYG Def

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? 1 and LT

2. What was your regular season record? 12-2

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? 1

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? 6/ LT, Brady, Welker, Clark, MBIII, NE D

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? picked up AJ and Jacobs when desperate owners dropped them, i sat them on the bench and let them heal for MANY weeks. Played the WW for many weeks with WR, Ike Hilliard and Brandon Stockley won me 2 games this year. Picked up Warner and Indy D as defensive moves

6. What were the key trades you made? 0

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? Brady, LT, MBIII, AJ, Welker, Clark, Folk, NE D

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? 2nd, S Jackson

2. What was your regular season record? 10-3

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? S Jackson, C Portis, T Owens, R Moss, K Winslow (normally start C Taylor at flex)

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? Seattle Defense, Garrard for a stretch mid-season, and Kris Brown for a bye week filler (week 5)

6. What were the key trades you made? Traded for Drew Brees (Week 7)

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? D Brees, S Jackson, C Portis, T Owens, R Moss, A Gonzalez, K Winslow, S Gostkowski, Seattle Defense

Edited by myhousekey

My SB isn't until week 17, but I punched my ticket today, so I'll play:

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? 6th - Larry Johnson

2. What was your regular season record? 11-3

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? 2

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? 6 (Carson Palmer, MJD, Braylon Edwards, Chad Johnson, Tony Gonzo, Pats D)

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? Patrick Willis, Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Justin Fargas, Aaron Stecker

6. What were the key trades you made? None

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? Palmer, MJD, Stecker, Braylon, Chad, Anthony Gonzalez, Brandon Marshall, Gonzo, Akers, Willis, David Harris, Patrick Kearny, Pats D

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? First: LT

2. What was your regular season record? 9-5

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? 3rd

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? 4: McNabb, LT, Brandon Jacobs, and Chris Cooley

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? I picked up Ryan Grant, Greg Jennings, David Garrard, and my entire defense off of waivers.

6. What were the key trades you made? I didn't make any trades

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? McNabb, LT, Jennings, Cooley, R Grant, B Jacobs, B Marshall, Scobee. IDP: J Allen, P Willis, L Fletcher

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? 5 of 12- Westbrook

2. What was your regular season record? 10-4

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? Hass, Maroney, Westbrook, Lendale, Braylon, Housh, H. Mille, Bench-Heap and McGahee

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? None

6. What were the key trades you made? None

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? Hass, Maroney, Westbrook, Lendale, Braylon, Housh, H. Miller, Akers, Jax

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft?

Second - LT (SJax went first, team finished last)

2. What was your regular season record?

12-2

3. What seed were you in your playoffs?

First

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they?

I think this is a first, but all but the defense and kicker, so, 7 -- see below

Picked up Favre when someone dropped him early in the season

6. What were the key trades you made?

This league rarely trades, so, none

Hasselbeck, LT, Jacobs, Wayne, B Edwards, Lee Evans, Gonzo (all drafted), Kaeding, Cards D

Two person keeper league. First place in prior year drafts last (serpentine).

I won last year and had LT & LJ so I drafted last.

1) Last position

2) 11-2-0

3) First seed

4) Players I started in SB & drafted:

• Tony Romo
  • LT
  • Brandon Jacobs
  • Reggie Wayne
  • Andre Johnson
  • San Diego Defense

5) Derrick Ward when Jabobs went down, Bobby Engram when Andre Johnson went down

6) Traded Derrick Ward for Tony Gonzales (Knowing that Jacobs was coming back soon)

7) Lineup

Romo,LT,Jacobs,R Wayne,A Johnson,A Steckler,T Gonzales, Kick Folk, San Deigo D

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? - 2nd S. Jackson

2. What was your regular season record? - 8-5

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? #4 seed as a wc

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? - 7 S Jackson, A Johnson, R Moss, M Barber, Chicago Def, G Jennings, D Clark, J Garcia.

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? N Folk, V Young, I Bruce,

6. What were the key trades you made? - 0

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? - S Jackson, A Johnson, R Moss, M Barber, Chicago Def, G Jennings, D Clark, J Garcia, + N Folk,

Also used R Brown, Bulger and Toomer a lot during the year, all were drafted.

ps- I havn't won yet but he needs B Marshall to score 57 tomorrow.

pss- he doesn't have LT or Brady either, ie, the other thread, #3 seed

Edited by alchico

10 team re-draft league, with a starting lineup of 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF.

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? 2nd pick - Steven Jackson

2. What was your regular season record? 8-5

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? #3 seed

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? 5 players: S-Jax, Edge, Colston, S.Holmes, Marshall

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? added Derek Anderson and Patrick Crayton early in the year, Ryan Grant mid-season, and Aaron Stecker before the playoffs

6. What were the key trades you made? biggest trade was Palmer, Grant, Crayton, V.Jackson, B.Watson for Romo, Fitzgerald, Witten

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? Romo, D.Anderson, S-Jax, Edge, Stecker, Colston, S.Holmes, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Witten, Crosby, NYG Defense

Edited by Whiskeyjack

12-team non-ppr with no te mandatory (3 divisions, 6 teams make the playoffs)

1. 4 - Gore

2. 8-5

3. 2 - Division Winner

4. Bulger (5th), AD (4th), Fitz (3rd), Welker (13th), TGonzalez (7th)

5. Acquired Deshawn Wynn.....dropped Wynn, added Ryan Grant, Seattle D/ST, the rest were just fillers

6. Traded Frank Gore & Jerry Porter for Ahman Green & Marvin Harrison....key in a bad way since I was expecting Marvin to come back...buying low, right?

7. Bulger, Grant, AD, Fitz, Welker, Gonzalez, Crosby, Seattle D/ST

Edited by rhippens

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? 1st pick - LT

2. What was your regular season record? 10-4

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? #2

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? Romo, LT, TO, Whitten

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? Stecker, Fargas

6. What were the key trades you made? none

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? Romo, LT, Stecker, TO, A Gonzalez, Whitten, Curtis, Crosby, Pitt Def

Emerald City's Best

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? - #4 - Larry Johnson :D

2. What was your regular season record? 7-6

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? #6

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? - 5

brandon jacobs

chad johnson

randy moss

jason witten

chicago defense

kurt warner

justin fargas

kolby smith

6. What were the key trades you made? - none

warner

jacobs

smith

chad

moss

witten

crosby

bears

this squad led the league in total points for the season.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

So far TOS is getting a lot of support for his stance that the 1st pick overall goes a long way toward a SB berth and/or win.

I think if your looking to get a better response to the statement i posted yesterday, the thread should be geared towards, how many huddlers drafted #1 and finished in the money. That is the point i was trying to get at, not per say who won it all.

I think if your looking to get a better response to the statement i posted yesterday, the thread should be geared towards, how many huddlers drafted #1 and finished in the money. That is the point i was trying to get at, not per say who won it all.

I think the 3rd ()round)pick is even more important than the 1st. That is why I hope leagues use the 3rd round reversal some next year.

Edited by Randall

So far TOS is getting a lot of support for his stance that the 1st pick overall goes a long way toward a SB berth and/or win.

In all fairness, I need a big night from LT and quiet nights from Gates and Marshall to beat a guy who picked #5 and went QB-WR-WR in his first three rounds. So there's an "against the current" success story.

I think the 3rd pick is even more important than the 1st. That is why I hope leagues use the 3rd round reversal some next year.

why not eliminate all the draft spot BS and go to using an auction format? I've never played in one, but i can promise next season, i'll be giving it a try.

1. What was your draft position and who did you draft? 7th (of 12) in a 3 player keeper. Kept Parker and Owens. Drafted Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Fred Taylor, Brandon Jackson, James Jones, Javon Walker, Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Shockey, can't remember much else, as they weren't on my team long.

2. What was your regular season record? 8-5, won my division

3. What seed were you in your playoffs? #3

4. How many players did you start in your SB that you actually drafted and who are they? Fred Taylor, Terrell Owens, Santonio Holmes

5. What were the key free agent moves you made? Kurt Warner, Ryan Grant, Tennessee Defense, Kris Brown, and believe it or not, Arnaz Battle

6. What were the key trades you made? No trades

7. What was the line up you started in the SB? Warner, Taylor, Grant, Holmes, Owens, Marcedes Lewis, Kris Brown, Tennessee Defense

Edited by SeductiveNun