[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 Players to Avoid in this years Fantasy Draft

rattsass

jeez, defensive much? :D

look man, it's just funny to look back on bold predictions made with complete confidence that get flopped on their head. remember, last year the NFL did a whole series of commercials based on the same concept. it's pretty simple....it doesn't really matter how "right" or "wrong" you may have been about others, your write-up of moss is amusing to read back on in light of the season he had. i'd suggest you just have a laugh about it yourself and stop being such a baby.

Just pointing out the fact that we're all in the same boat. We don't know who is going to do what week to week. And to act like we can predict the future is just stupid. This isn't weather forecasting.
You've got an awful funny way of doing that. I don't remember seeing anywhere where any of the Huddle writers said they were perfect yet here you are, quick to rub it in when they are not.

Just pointing out the fact that we're all in the same boat. We don't know who is going to do what week to week. And to act like we can predict the future is just stupid. This isn't weather forecasting.

And how did you do on your pre-season projections? Oh wait ... you probably didn't do any ... and if you did you certainly did not publish them.

This isn't just about Waterman though. It is about the continual parade of idiots that have continued to fill my e-mail with similar rants. And the morons who constantly blame others for their mistakes year after year.

I know it is pointless to try and educate the terminally stupid, but that is the mission God has given me. And though Waterboy may seem a hopeless cause, I had to try one more time to bring him a lesson in the reality of the situation. Time wasted. Space wasted. Oh yeah. Probably so. But it was just a chance I had to take.

For what it's worth - yes, I do blame you that both Ronnie Brown and Larry Johnson went down for the year whilst on my big-money (for me) team.

And yes - I AM coming looking for you. You can run, but you can't hide. :D

He'll probably be choking just as much as Manning does in the playoffs.

The difference is that Vick will be choking on a meatsicle

Looking back on the article, a guy could have ended up with a squad looking like this if he went totally against the predictions.

QB: Chiefs QB, Vick

RB: LJ, Alexander, McGahee

WR: Moss, CJ, Brown

TE: Crumpler

K: ?

DEF: Jacksonville

Other than Moss and the occassional good week from McGahee and CJ, that squad is pretty weak. Keep throwing those bold predictions out there each year. I use them to help form my own opinion before the drafts each fall and think a lot of other members around here do too.

Your intent, IMO, was not just to point out the facts here (in the other closed thread) and state that we're all in the same boat. Rather, I feel it was an attempt to mock and ridicule a mistake by rattsass. The best is after you shoot off your mouth you go and grab the line I used below to try and excuse yourself from the situation. Sorry, that just doesn't fly. IF you think Ratts' stuff is so off the mark just then don't read it, prepare your own drafting materials and then criticize yourself in the offseason. That would be much more entertaining.

McGahee was also on that list. Really, all it goes to show is that we're all in the same boat, guessing at who will do well and who won't.

You've got an awful funny way of doing that. I don't remember seeing anywhere where any of the Huddle writers said they were perfect yet here you are, quick to rub it in when they are not.

+1

Looking back on the article, a guy could have ended up with a squad looking like this if he went totally against the predictions.

QB: Chiefs QB, Vick

RB: LJ, Alexander, McGahee

WR: Moss, CJ, Brown

TE: Crumpler

K: ?

DEF: Jacksonville

Other than Moss and the occassional good week from McGahee and CJ, that squad is pretty weak. Keep throwing those bold predictions out there each year. I use them to help form my own opinion before the drafts each fall and think a lot of other members around here do too.

while the meatsicle comment was the funniest, i think this post is probably the most reasonable in this thread so far. i like that it puts the whole article into context by showing every player and also again states it's all about how WE use the information WE read and make our OWN decisions. good stuff.

I saw that one of the Huddle's friendly subscribers took a shot at my article I wrote in the preseason. You know, the legendary one where I advised against Randy Moss.

I am going to pretend that I haven't already mercilessly flogged myself over that Moss pick numerous times this season - starting in week 2, where I proclaimed myself an idiot for including Moss on the list.

Because none of that matters. I made a mistake. Plain and simple. I realize fantasy writers are supposed to be perfect. I mean, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fantasy writer that is always right.

But alas, I have only been right 70% of the time in writing that column over the last three seasons. I suppose I should just resign right now, hang my head in shame, and never be heard from again. I am a miserable failure in the eyes of at least one Huddler.

Silly me, I thought that when I pegged two first round busts in that column (Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander - actually two top 6 picks to be exact), that was pretty good. Apparently not impressive enough.

Next season when I write the column (assuming DMD doesn't can my assfor the Moss incident) maybe I will take the well traveled route of so many fantasy writers, and play it safe. Why put myself in harms way? I can get every pick right if I never stick my neck out. That would be the easy thing to do. And so very helpful to those in need of useless advice.

I realize the wrtiter of that post mocking me probably had an abusive upbringing, or maybe he just can't get laid and wants to take out his frustration on an innocent bystander. But A-holes like that are not the ones I am writing for. I am writing for reasonable people, that expect reasonable accuracy, and understand that even the best of progosticators makes a bad pick now and then.

This was really quite pointless. I have no need whatsoever to defend myself. My record is right there for everyone to see. You can paint me an idiot for making one mistake and never read another word I type. But if you are trying to drag me down (or the Huddle for that matter) you are spitting in the wind.

By the way, that column was included in free content (why I have no idea) but nobody had to pay one cent for that horrible advise about not drafting Moss. Anybody that wants a refund for that please let me know ASAP and I will get right on it. :D

It may not be the Moss prognostication that gets you canned my friend.

When you write publicly, you open yourself up to criticism. Even if you are 100% accurate. How you choose to respond to that criticism reflects upon you and the organization you represent. The bolded paragraph suggests that you really need to do one of two things: grow a thicker skin and let things go, or if you do respond, learn how to do so with class and dignity.

In no way am I attempting to speak for DMD but it is reasonable to assume that this is what he is seeking in his columnists.

Going into my drafts I have very few players that I "avoid", instead I have players that I will not draft in the earlier rounds

Some of these I remember from my pre-season ... and I mostly did a good job (this year) which is reflected in my performance this year although I definitely err'ed on some like Moss and AP.

Players I really wanted to avoid

Cedric Benson ... I own him in one of my dynasty leagues and ... well ... he SUCKS

Kevin Jones ... I used to own this slugh in a keeper league and with his injury I was sooooo not interested

Players I would not draft in the 1st round

Larry Johnson ... I was concerned about the losses in the o-line AND the change at QB

Shaun Alexander ... I was concerned about the whole offense and with Shaun's health

Any QB

Any TE

Players I was not interested in until the 3rd round or later

Reggie Bush ... I just was not a believer in this over-hyped player in a RBBC

Travis Henry ... I hate Shanahan and the game he plays with RBs in Denver

Brian Westbrook ... I just seem to have something against him ... I always peg him as an old man and an injury risk ... and he always proves me wrong

Players I was not interested in until the 4th round or later

Randy Moss ... coming off horrible years in Oakland and with the capicity to take plays off ... I wanted 1 or 2 real WRs first

Lee Evans ... not a believer and Buffalo looked to have a shaky offense

Colston ... worried that NO spent all their emotional enery last year and Colston would not be able to take the doubles with Horn gone

Jamal Lewis ... seemed as if he was done

LaMont Jordan ... it is Oakland guys

Fred Taylor ... I still think of him as Fragile

Players I was not interested in until late in the draft

Julius Jones ... MBIII, need I say more

Adrian Peterson ... Chester coming off a 1000+ yard season and I didn't think AP could stay healthy ... I even drafted Chester

To Waterman: Hindsight = 20/20, dude. Show me one person who predicted Moss would break Rice's TD record before the season started. And what are you hoping to accomplish anyway by bringing this up? Nobody had a clue that the Patriots were going to do what they did this year and it is asenine to try to rub someone's face in an inaccurate prediction.

To Rattsass: Don't stoop to the level of the naysayers and pricks out there... You've got to expect to take some heat, despite your 70% accuracy, when your prediction is THAT wrong. But you weren't the only one who predicted an average season for Moss (better than his Oakland days, but no better than the best season for any Pats WR prior). Just let this go and try to see the silver lining and humor in people like Waterman who have nothing better to do than blast your poor prediction to make themselves feel better.

So I take it people insult you with impunity and you take no affront? Good for you.

Rattsass has as much right to defend himself as any other member of this board. What is truly odious is Waterman's continual whining about Ratts erroneous pick. So the frick what. We pay for educated guesses, and we didn't even have to pay for that article. If Waterman disagrees with what the writer says, fine, say so and drop it, just don't beat the dead horse like a 13 year old who has discovered someone's middle name is "Marion". It's lipolymphohemangiomas hemihypertrophying juvenile.

Your middle name is "Marion?" Ghey.

It may not be the Moss prognostication that gets you canned my friend.

When you write publicly, you open yourself up to criticism. Even if you are 100% accurate. How you choose to respond to that criticism reflects upon you and the organization you represent. The bolded paragraph suggests that you really need to do one of two things: grow a thicker skin and let things go, or if you do respond, learn how to do so with class and dignity.

In no way am I attempting to speak for DMD but it is reasonable to assume that this is what he is seeking in his columnists.

It is also reasonable to assume that once a person has admitted his mistakes publicly numerous times, that people will let it go and quit rubbing your nose in it.

I have no problem with people taking shots at me. I do it to players and media on a weekly basis. I expect to get it back every time I say something stupid. I am fine with that. But once the horse is beaten and dead, I expect people to bury it and move on. The poster in question pulled a grandstand play one too many times so I merely expressed a theory as to why he feels the need to build his self esteem at my expense. Sorry if my armchair psychology offended you or others.

It is January. I wrote that column in June. The "class and dignity" response I would have given expired in November. :D