[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Business email etiquette

whomper

Ah, the tactful route as to not ruffle any feathers...I like it.

On second thought, since Whomp stated that this lady could take her business anywhere, and certainly doesn't want to do ANYTHING to potentially put her on the spot/in a defensive mode, the best approach might be to just casually mention to her that it is "bad form" to include your pricing in an email that your competitors will also be viewing.

What i'd do:

I'd call her and thank her generously for her business, letting her know that in today's tough business climate, it is long-time customers like her that Whomp can rely on going forward. At that point, she should be plenty full of herself, after basking for several minutes in Whomp's praise. it is now that i would casually say" Hey, Mrs. so-and-so, I was hoping you could do me a big favor in the future. I'm not sure if you realized it or not, but my pricing was incldued in the email that you sent. If there is any way in future correspondance that this could be omitted, it would mean a lot to me, as it is compnay-sensitive info.".

And I would leave it at that forever.

:wacko: The double question mark (??) is actually more important than the actual questions. Just ask whomp's boss.

i knew it was too good to last

Rupaul will be a great addition to your team ..especially in the locker room :wacko:

there is no one named rupaul listed on our scouting reports. are you giving your special endorsement of this person?

you didn't get the memo, did ya? your locker was clean out after the season and a box was left ouside of the facilities.... an "aquaintance" of yours named rupaul signed for it.

there is no one named rupaul listed on our scouting reports. are you giving your special endorsement of this person?

:wacko: i was just replying to your initial post

My clients understand, 1. That i give them the best service and pricing and not to share it with competitors

I'd mention it in person next time around in a joking "oh..by the way" manner.

DO NOT go out of your way to make an issue out of it. That would b the biggest mistake you could possibly make 'cause no matter how you slice it, you're correcting her and customers do not like to be corrected. Period. End of sentence. Seriously.

I'd mention it in person next time around in a joking "oh..by the way" manner.

DO NOT go out of your way to make an issue out of it. That would b the biggest mistake you could possibly make 'cause no matter how you slice it, you're correcting her and customers do not like to be corrected. Period. End of sentence. Seriously.

I gotta agree with this. Something like this can be address in a face to face, but only as an aside, not as a primary issue.

One of the guys I negotiate pricing with has twice sent me an email while accidentally quoting the history of long internal conversations about what price they are willing to bear. That's nice.

It's much easier to know what to counter with when he sends you "We can't go higher than x", but down below the accounting department has said "It's worth y to us". :wacko:

Question Whomp:

Has this woman, or any other customer of your called you up and said "I can get XYZ fabric from ZYX company for a (some amount). Beat the price and I will buy yours."

Sorry I missed this CN but to answer your question ..Yes. That happens a lot. Pricing on commodity laces is not a big secret. My problem with this is the fact that since an emloyee that used to work at my company now works at the competitor who was on the emails company so now the guy knows the exact pattern i have up there when he would have normally known stugatz. He can try and source my pattern and backdoor me. My relationship is strong with this woman but this guy is a major undercutter. He works on margins that most people would just pass on the order instead of taking. Business is extremely tight right now. I busted my balls getting this on their line (I sampled them this on my columbus trip) I also just think it was tacky..

1) IMO, you should say something. Business is too competitive for your pricing and patterns to be floating around in someone elses' files.

2) You should say it in person.

3) You should say it only after expressing a very sincere and heart-felt amount of thanks for the current business and the long-term relationship.

1) IMO, you should say something. Business is too competitive for your pricing and patterns to be floating around in someone elses' files.

2) You should say it in person.

3) You should say it only after expressing a very sincere and heart-felt amount of thanks for the current business and the long-term relationship.

Wise advice here.