[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wal-Mart's economic stimulus plan

polksalet

let’s not forget that all these 14k a year people that do not have medical coverage,

You don't know that, and what a giant leap of absurdity to even say it.

How about 16 year old kids? They are dependents of their mother/father.

Spouses? My sis-in-law worked at walmart, one of those 14K a year people, she also has two kids. You know what else she had? I freaking husband in the Navy.

Retired people? They've already got coverage, or medicare, or something.

Now, some 26 year old dude who can't get a better job that pushing carts? This is the cat you want to completely restructure our health care system for? :wacko: Get real man, get a clue.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I say it did. The answer is no since it would be discriminatory under the law. You must offer the same package with the same split in premium to every employee.

Well that's a BOLD FACED LIE.

Each individual and their pay, how they are insured, benefits can be different for each and everyone you moran idiot woman. Don't you need to give your teacher irewish a BJ or something?

Did I say it did. The answer is no since it would be discriminatory under the law. You must offer the same package with the same split in premium to every employee. The only way to do different is to do a management carve out where you can have essentially two classes of employees. Hourly and salary. You can have different plans then with different percentages. I have a couple of companies that do the carve out method here in Illinois. However, the do give more to the unskilled because they cannot afford to pay for the coverage so they give them a higher split....however, they offer to fund HSA plans for the management carve out. Quite frankly a low wage earner is not sophisticated enough to manage a true HSA plan. So, now that you have not answered skippy's query yet again....would you care to do so....or should he post again...and this time type slower and use smaller words?

Not true. See my post above. Our premiums are salary based and for darn sure we aren't doing anything illegal.

About 15 years ago I was flying in a twin engine Sesna with 11 other people over the mountains of Northern Iowa. Since one of the passengers wrote for the Daily KOS, Karl Rove sent a beam of radiation at us which caused our plane to crash into a Wal-Mart. I had to eat a Janitor and 3 Cashiers just to stay alive. But I made it damn it! I made it. So, I literally owe my life to Wal-Mart and their tasty employees. Sure I could have just eaten some of the food their, or walked across the street to the Burger King, but how would that have stimulated the economy? Answer me THAT you facist bastards!

About 15 years ago I was flying in a twin engine Sesna with 11 other people over the mountains of Northern Iowa. Since one of the passengers wrote for the Daily KOS, Karl Rove sent a beam of radiation at us which caused our plane to crash into a Wal-Mart. I had to eat a Janitor and 3 Cashiers just to stay alive. But I made it damn it! I made it. So, I literally owe my life to Wal-Mart and their tasty employees. Sure I could have just eaten some of the food their, or walked across the street to the Burger King, but how would that have stimulated the economy? Answer me THAT you facist bastards!

Are you channeling cliaz?

Could we harvest the poor for their organs to help the rich live longer?

If you're too stupid to make $14k a year, hopefully you got something else going for ya...like a healthy liver.

Edited by TimC

Rove was a campaign manager in 1993. :wacko:

Rove was a campaign manager in 1993. :wacko:

:D Hmmmm... well, the Wal-mart Assistant Manager who finally rescued me said that memory loss could be one of the primary side-effects of the radiation beam. It might have been closer to 5 years ago now that I think about it. :D

Well that's a BOLD FACED LIE.

Each individual and their pay, how they are insured, benefits can be different for each and everyone you moran idiot woman. Don't you need to give your teacher irewish a BJ or something?

You are such a tool. The part the employer pays has to be uniform within each class of employee....the PERCENTAGE....that is current law, in Illinois and possibly the whole country....I will check and post a link. Why don't you ask Vanna if you can buy a vowel cause you haven't got a clue

Edited by TheShiznit

Not true. See my post above. Our premiums are salary based and for darn sure we aren't doing anything illegal.

Are you in Illinois? I don't do much business in Minnesota.

However, if you could send me a link to your companies benefit book...if available online....I could look at it. That wouldn't fly in Illinois.

Apparently you aren't involved in many charities, or you would know Wal-Mart donates to numerous charities. Wal-Mart gives more money to charities than any other corporation in the US. My wife is on the board of directors for the local Junior League, is involved in the ARC and ACS. My mother is chairman of the largest single charity event in the county this year (the money goes to the American Cancer Society), and my father is on the board of directors of one of the Shriner hospitals. I know for a fact that Wal-Mart has given to all of those organizations heavily, and does so annually. They also allow Girl Scouts, School Teams, Churches, etc... to use their parking lots for fund raisers.

Wal-Mart Keeps Spot at Top of Corporate Charity. They gave $272.9 Million in 2006. I don't think the 2007 numbers have been released yet.

Thanks Perch, but I am involved in plenty. Well, at least as many as my schedule allows. Unfortunately, walmart does not support the ones that I am involved with. Could be because they don't generate as much publicity, or maybe they aren't as important to them. I do know that if I want donations, I go to the smaller community businesses and not walmart or kmart. Good for walmart if they do support other charitable causes. Wonder why their shareholders aren't bitching about them giving away their money?

Edited by Brewer

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/erisa.htm

Here is a link that will map out the compliance to the ERISA Laws that each employer must follow when offering a group benefit. In my estimation, the law makes it pretty clear that a business CANNOT discriminate on premium charged in the class covered.....based upon health....income...whatever. However, if you carve out different classes of employees within your arganizational structure...it is possible to at least bifurcate your plan. In illinois we are able to have 2 classes of employees...not based upon total comp or anything like that....but on how employees are compensated...either annually or hourly. Hope this helps anyone interested.

You are such a tool. The part the employer pays has to be uniform within each class of employee....the PERCENTAGE....that is current law, in Illinois and possibly the whole country....I will check and post a link. Why don't you ask Vanna if you can buy a vowel cause you haven't got a clue

Bear Fatty pwnd you too poser. You have no idea what you are talking about, keep thinking you do though, fun! :wacko:

Thanks Perch, but I am involved in plenty. Well, at least as many as my schedule allows. Unfortunately, walmart does not support the ones that I am involved with. Could be because they don't generate as much publicity, or maybe they aren't as important to them. I do know that if I want donations, I go to the smaller community businesses and not walmart or kmart. Good for walmart if they do support other charitable causes. Wonder why their shareholders aren't bitching about them giving away their money?

Ok a challenge, go to your local store and get an application for a community grant. They should give you a form which you supply the organization's info including their 501c3 number. You should be able to return it and pick up a check for a grand. Let me know what happens because I am going to keep reminding oyu until you submit.

my wife's grandma has kept every edition for the last several decades of the tiny little town newspaper in markham, illinois (chicago suburb). apparently walmart gave her (well, the "markham historical society", technically) like a thousand bucks so they could set up a room in the local library and move them all there. i'm sure they were expecting a lot of great publicity from that one :wacko:

let’s not forget that all these 14k a year people that do not have medical coverage

You don't know that, and what a giant leap of absurdity to even say it.

How about 16 year old kids? They are dependents of their mother/father. They don't need it.

Spouses? My sis-in-law worked at walmart, one of those 14K a year people, she also has two kids. You know what else she had? I freaking husband in the Navy. Married with a spouse that has decent benefits. They don't need it. Not married for whatever reason just might need it.

Retired people? They've already got coverage, or medicare, or something. Most of them probably don't need it.

Now, some 26 year old dude who can't get a better job that pushing carts? This is the cat you want to completely restructure our health care system for? :wacko: Get real man, get a clue. Well, I did not yet talk about complete restructure but call it whatever you want, we are already paying the bill. The bill should be a little less for all the 26 year old dude's that do a qood job for Wally.

All very true and happen in every work place in the good old US. I mean teachers marry other teachers all the time and only need one set of benefits. All the wifes of the men that work in my crew could have their husbands coverage. Even the security gaurd that is a retired police man gets free coverage from the city so he does not need it.

But I would tell you to slow down and read the part that you quoted and pay close attention to the part that I bolded. So I will stick by my giant leap of absurdity and suggest that those that do not have coverage...

Best way to avoid paying health care costs? Don't get sick.

I haven't been to a doctor in a year; before that, it was about 4.

HELL YEAH! :wacko: Quitcherbitchin' about healthcare costs by staying healthy. Quit smokin'. Quit drinkin'. Wear a seatbelt. Use sunscreen. Eat organic. Wear a condom. Watch PBS. Walk to work. Get a pap smear. Vote republican. :D

Are you in Illinois? I don't do much business in Minnesota.

However, if you could send me a link to your companies benefit book...if available online....I could look at it. That wouldn't fly in Illinois.

Minnesota. And I don't think I'll be linking to company documents any time soon. :wacko:

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/erisa.htm

Here is a link that will map out the compliance to the ERISA Laws that each employer must follow when offering a group benefit. In my estimation, the law makes it pretty clear that a business CANNOT discriminate on premium charged in the class covered.....based upon health....income...whatever. However, if you carve out different classes of employees within your arganizational structure...it is possible to at least bifurcate your plan. In illinois we are able to have 2 classes of employees...not based upon total comp or anything like that....but on how employees are compensated...either annually or hourly. Hope this helps anyone interested.

I read the linked doc and I don't see anywhere where it says employers have to charge the exact same amount to all employees. It says they have to run the plans for the exclusive benefit of the beneficiaries but that's it. Employers probably pay the same per employee to the insurer but as far as I can see, employers can charge whatever they want to the employees. Of course, they keep the amount to a minimum to stay competitive in the staffing race.

Again, I like the way ours works because as you get more money, you pay a little more, which enables the overall benefit to everyone to be maintained at a high level and relieves the company of the burden of subsidizing the better paid of it's employees e.g. me. The alternative would be for me to pay the same as Joe Deskjockey and both of us to have crappier insurance.

I read the linked doc and I don't see anywhere where it says employers have to charge the exact same amount to all employees. It says they have to run the plans for the exclusive benefit of the beneficiaries but that's it. Employers probably pay the same per employee to the insurer but as far as I can see, employers can charge whatever they want to the employees. Of course, they keep the amount to a minimum to stay competitive in the staffing race.

Again, I like the way ours works because as you get more money, you pay a little more, which enables the overall benefit to everyone to be maintained at a high level and relieves the company of the burden of subsidizing the better paid of it's employees e.g. me. The alternative would be for me to pay the same as Joe Deskjockey and both of us to have crappier insurance.

Same situation at my last company, as a matter of fact when I started there I posted asking if anyone else had tiered insurance costs, and I think I remember you stating that you did, Ursa.

I think there were three levels, under 50k, 50k-100k and over 100k (base salaries or hourly x2080) each paid a different monthly premium. I'm sure the company paid the same amount for each employee to the payer, but the amount the employee kicked back in to the employer was based on salary. So, evidently it is legal since that company had a presence in all 50 states - although I do remember a seperate section for enrolling in California.

Man I feel as if you'all cannot read on purpose. What you said is exactly what I said. The organization has to pay the same percentage towards employee benefits in each class of employee. Obviously a 30 year old won't pay the same share as a 60 year old....no way. The employer percentage is uniform. However, the graded premium thing you describe will not fly in Illinois unless they have several classes of employees. My guess is that is how your company gets away with it...I am not sure. I submitted this question to the ERISA people clarification at the DOL.

Bear Fatty pwnd you too poser. You have no idea what you are talking about, keep thinking you do though, fun! :wacko:

Everyone here has pwnd you a poser of magazines for ghey fat men.....what is your point. Some guy who isn't in the business telling me I am wrong...HAHAHA...wow. Thanks but no thanks.