[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A side note about the SB....

rocknrobn26

For over 20 years I have been going to a bar/pizza place for the SB party. $160 includes 5+ hours open bar (call brands included) Pizza, shrimp, clams, before the game, pasta w/ salad at the half, and a "make your own sammich" after the game, plus a free drink purchased by the 4th. quarter winner.

BUT..................Illinois passed a no smoking law this year for all restaurants and bars. Believe me this is a heavy smoking crowd.

Questions:

1) Do you think that the smokers will miss a good portion of the game smoking outside?

2) How many will cheat and try to grab a smoke in the BR?

3) Will the restaurant ignore the "illegals" who cop one 'under the table'?

4) and then when I wore my first dress................The whole thing is illegal to begin with....they can't call the cops!!!!

Just curious......Other options?

:wacko:

Peace

is $160 for just you or per couple......... :wacko:

smokers i know do what they want........especially at a Bar on Superbowl sunday :D

1 person! But we have a syndicate of 5 and pool our bets. $100 square.....$60 for the booze and food, plus a raffle at the end for a HDTV, DVD rec, or some other tech item. I think it's a pretty decent deal.

that's ghey......i think the topic is what the ole crew of smokers are gonna do during the game :D

Bingo! /ignorestupidpostsbyothers/

1 person! But we have a syndicate of 5 and pool our bets. $100 square.....$60 for the booze and food, plus a raffle at the end for a HDTV, DVD rec, or some other tech item. I think it's a pretty decent deal.

Bingo! /ignorestupidpostsbyothers/

That breakdown sounds fun :wacko:

For over 20 years I have been going to a bar/pizza place for the SB party. $160 includes 5+ hours open bar (call brands included) Pizza, shrimp, clams, before the game, pasta w/ salad at the half, and a "make your own sammich" after the game, plus a free drink purchased by the 4th. quarter winner.

BUT..................Illinois passed a no smoking law this year for all restaurants and bars. Believe me this is a heavy smoking crowd.

Questions:

1) Do you think that the smokers will miss a good portion of the game smoking outside?

2) How many will cheat and try to grab a smoke in the BR?

3) Will the restaurant ignore the "illegals" who cop one 'under the table'?

4) and then when I wore my first dress................The whole thing is illegal to begin with....they can't call the cops!!!!

Just curious......Other options?

:D

Peace

After Boulder's smoking ban (done before it was the cool thing to do), there was a pool bar on Pearl St that used to put out "thank you for not smoking" ashtrays and completely look the other way. Then, the cops started coming in and ticketing people. :wacko:

It is possible that this event may be considered a private party, and not a public bar, so maybe they have an exception. It's worth a shot, anyway.

1) Probably

2) Quite a few, I'd imagine, especially if it's subzero outside

3)The only thing I'd want under the table is the smoking hot babe doing me party favors

4)Exzachary

FWIW, I think the new law sucks for stand alone bars. Gotta be some mighty pissed off smokers in Chi-Town. Of course, lots of smokers probably quit due to what they charge for a pack of butts up there.

Have fun RnR

Edited by jaxfactor

After Boulder's smoking ban (done before it was the cool thing to do), there was a pool bar on Pearl St that used to put out "thank you for not smoking" ashtrays and completely look the other way. Then, the cops started coming in and ticketing people.

I forget, which party runs Boulder politics?

I wouldn't worry about it.

1. Atomic might be right

2. Pope is probably right

3. In Dallas it took a while for the law to punish the establishment vs. the person smoking. When that was the case here, it was never a problem smoking as the bars didn't enforce it.

4. With a pregnant wife, I have to go outside and I hardly even notice since you can easily time it just like you do when you attend the event. Unless people are mentally focused on it, you won't notice.

My advice would be to eat, drink and be merry and you will have an enjoyable party even if you have to freeze your a$$ of a couple of times. Besides, growing up in Fargo I always assumed if you noticed the cold you were drinking too slow.

:wacko:

Knowing Illinois they will probably be right there to fine everyone who tries to smoke in the bar. :wacko:

I know that a lot of the places around here no longer have SB parties and such because you can no longer smoke in the state of WA.

If it is just your group you might be able to do what was suggested above... making it a private party and closing the doors. You could probably get away with smoking then. Talk to the owner/bartender.

Knowing Illinois they will probably be right there to fine everyone who tries to smoke in the bar. :wacko:

I know that a lot of the places around here no longer have SB parties and such because you can no longer smoke in the state of WA.

If it is just your group you might be able to do what was suggested above... making it a private party and closing the doors. You could probably get away with smoking then. Talk to the owner/bartender.

The new state law prohibits smoking in all public places (and outside within 15' of a doorway), except for stores that make at least 60% of their gross sales from tobacco and private clubs. To be considered a private club, it had to have been established as one prior to 1/1/2005. It will be interesting to see what happens.

If the bar is smart, they position a "Smokers TV" viewable from the outside, without placing it outside which I'm sure would be against SOME Chi-Town ordinance.

That's a good idea.

there are reasons smoking in public is illegal. :wacko:

zero sympathy for the ultimate selfish acitvity.

Group 1 carcinogens

Agents and groups of agents

Aflatoxins (naturally occurring mixtures of)

4-Aminobiphenyl

Arsenic and arsenic compounds1

Asbestos

Azathioprine

Benzene

Benzidine

Beryllium and beryllium compounds2

Chlornapazine (N,N-Bis(2-chloroethyl)-2-naphthylamine)

Bis(chloromethyl)ether

Chloromethyl methyl ether

1,4-Butanediol dimethanesulfonate (Busulphan; Myleran)

Cadmium and cadmium compounds2

Chlorambucil

Methyl-CCNU (1-(2-Chloroethyl)-3-(4-methylcyclohexyl)-1-nitrosourea; Semustine)

Chromium(VI) compounds2

Ciclosporin

Cyclophosphamide

Diethylstilboestrol

Dioxin

Epstein-Barr virus

Erionite

Ethylene oxide

Etoposide in combination with cisplatin and bleomycin

Formaldehyde

Gamma radiation

Gallium arsenide

Helicobacter pylori (infection with)

Hepatitis B virus (chronic infection with)

Hepatitis C virus (chronic infection with)

Herbal remedies containing plant species of the genus Aristolochia

Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (infection with)

Human papillomavirus type 16

Human papillomavirus type 18

Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I

Melphalan

Methoxsalen (8-Methoxypsoralen) plus ultraviolet A radiation

MOPP and other combined chemotherapy including alkylating agents

Mustard gas (Sulfur mustard)

2-Naphthylamine

Neutron radiation

Nickel compounds2

Oestrogen therapy, postmenopausal

Oestrogens, nonsteroidal1

Oestrogens, steroidal1

Opisthorchis viverrini (infection with)

Combined forms of hormonal contraception (those containing both estrogen and a progestogen)3

Sequential forms of hormonal contraception (a period of estrogen-only followed by a period of both estrogen and a progestogen)

Phosphorus-32, as phosphate

Plutonium-239 and its decay products (may contain plutonium-240 and other isotopes), as aerosols

Radioiodines, short-lived isotopes, including iodine-131, from atomic reactor accidents and nuclear weapons detonation (exposure during childhood)

Radionuclides, α-particle-emitting, internally deposited4

Radionuclides, β-particle-emitting, internally deposited4

Radium-224 and its decay products

Radium-226 and its decay products

Radium-228 and its decay products

Radon-222 and its decay products

Schistosoma haematobium (infection with)

Silica , crystalline (inhaled in the form of quartz or cristobalite from occupational sources)

Solar radiation

Talc containing asbestiform fibres

Tamoxifen5

2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-para-dioxin

Thiotepa (1,1',1"-Phosphinothioylidynetrisaziridine)

Thorium-232 and its decay products, administered intravenously as a colloidal dispersion of thorium-232 dioxide

Treosulfan

Vinyl chloride

X-Radiation

[edit] Mixtures

Alcoholic beverages

Analgesic mixtures containing phenacetin

Areca nut

Betel quid with tobacco

Betel quid without tobacco

Coal-tar pitches

Coal-tars

Mineral oils, untreated and mildly treated

Salted fish (Chinese-style)

salted fish (all styles)

Shale-oils

Soots

Tobacco products, smokeless

Wood dust

[edit] Exposure circumstances

Aluminium production

Arsenic in drinking water

Auramine, manufacture of

Boot and shoe manufacture and repair

Coal gasification

Coke (fuel) production

Furniture and cabinet making

Haematite mining (underground) with exposure to radon

Secondhand smoke

Iron and steel founding

Isopropanol manufacture (strong-acid process)

Magenta, manufacture of

Painter (occupational exposure as a)

Rubber industry

Strong inorganic acid mists containing sulfuric acid (occupational exposure to)

Tobacco smoking

Cigeratte before the game, Cigeratte at halftime, Cigeratte when Giants go up 21, and Cigeratte at the end of the game.......That's 4 cigerattes

If someone cannot go 30 minutes without having a "cancer stick", then they deserve to miss a couple minutes of the big game! I am sure the "real" football fans will wait until the appropriate times to smoke.

I quit smoking and I miss blowing second-hand smoke on annoying people that like to preach about their idiot personal beliefs to get them away from me.

Now all I have is my farts. :wacko:

you are the idiot. :D

The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke: A Report of the Surgeon General, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

There is No Risk-Free Level of Exposure to Secondhand Smoke

The U.S. Surgeon General has concluded that breathing even a little secondhand smoke poses a risk to your health.

Scientific evidence indicates that there is no risk-free level of exposure to secondhand smoke. Breathing even a little secondhand smoke can be harmful to your health.

Secondhand smoke causes lung cancer.

Secondhand smoke is a known human carcinogen and contains more than 50 chemicals that can cause cancer.

Concentrations of many cancer-causing and toxic chemicals are potentially higher in secondhand smoke than in the smoke inhaled by smokers.

Secondhand smoke causes heart disease.

Breathing secondhand smoke for even a short time can have immediate adverse effects on the cardiovascular system, interfering with the normal functioning of the heart, blood, and vascular systems in ways that increase the risk of heart attack.

Even a short time in a smoky room can cause your blood platelets to become stickier, damage the lining of blood vessels, decrease coronary flow velocity reserves, and reduce heart rate variability.

Persons who already have heart disease are at especially high risk of suffering adverse affects from breathing secondhand smoke, and should take special precautions to avoid even brief exposure.

Secondhand smoke causes acute respiratory effects.

Secondhand smoke contains many chemicals that can quickly irritate and damage the lining of the airways.

Even brief exposure can trigger respiratory symptoms, including cough, phlegm, wheezing, and breathlessness.

Brief exposure to secondhand smoke can trigger an asthma attack in children with asthma.

Persons who already have asthma or other respiratory conditions are at especially high risk for being affected by secondhand smoke, and should take special precautions to avoid secondhand smoke exposure.

Secondhand smoke can cause sudden infant death syndrome and other health consequences in infants and children.

Smoking by women during pregnancy has been known for some time to cause SIDS.

Infants who are exposed to secondhand smoke after birth are also at greater risk of SIDS.

Children exposed to secondhand smoke are also at an increased risk for acute respiratory infections, ear problems, and more severe asthma. Smoking by parents causes respiratory symptoms and slows lung growth in their children.

Separating smokers from nonsmokers, cleaning the air, and ventilating buildings cannot eliminate secondhand smoke exposure.

The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), the preeminent U.S. standard-setting body on ventilation issues, has concluded that ventilation technology cannot be relied on to completely control health risks from secondhand smoke exposure.

Conventional air cleaning systems can remove large particles, but not the smaller particles or the gases found in secondhand smoke.

Operation of a heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system can distribute secondhand smoke throughout a building.