[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bittersweet

isleseeya

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really great info and much appreciated truly

Dr i found is highly recommended ...actually i laughed as i saw him the day after the SB and the first picture i see in his office is that of Tiki Barber ( was a fan and now am not ) as he worked with him as well

He told me if all goes well tomorrow with surgery ( which he was optimistic about ) i would be in a hard fiberglass cast for approx 1 month

then boot for at least 2 - 3 months ...he stated i should be able to walk ( walk normally i guess ) within 3 months and then hopefully be able to move about freely in 5 - 6 months ( basically back to normal )

I know and have heard Rehab is tough ...but will get through it

Thanks again Darin

:wacko:

A buddy of mine dated some chick that worked for the laser eye surgeon that did Tiki's eyes.

The surgery should go fine. If he comes highly recommended, he can do this surgery in his sleep.

Take a look at my MH photo; you'll see my fiberglass cast! :D

Yes, expect to have zero weight-bearing movement for 3-4 months.

Again, PM me if you have any questions!

:D

A buddy of mine dated some chick that worked for the laser eye surgeon that did Tiki's eyes.

The surgery should go fine. If he comes highly recommended, he can do this surgery in his sleep.

Take a look at my MH photo; you'll see my fiberglass cast! :D

Yes, expect to have zero weight-bearing movement for 3-4 months.

Again, PM me if you have any questions!

will do ..much appreciated again :wacko:

well i had the surgery ...all went well other than fact i had 101 fever ( sinus infection that came from nowhere ) yesterday ...had chills and felt so ill ...doctor let me ultimately decide if i wanted to have surgery or postpone ..decided to have it

i have a pain blocker ( cathether with medicine dispensing unit ) ...my leg is completely numb ...no feeling at all and hence really hard to walk around in crutches ( its like dragging around a stump - which by the way i should be used to already :wacko: - )

pain blocker lasts till sunday afternoon ...which gives me a nice head start for pain management

back to doctor on Monday ....and then take it one day at a time

thanks to all the well wishers :D

well i had the surgery ...all went well other than fact i had 101 fever ( sinus infection that came from nowhere ) yesterday ...had chills and felt so ill ...doctor let me ultimately decide if i wanted to have surgery or postpone ..decided to have it

i have a pain blocker ( cathether with medicine dispensing unit ) ...my leg is completely numb ...no feeling at all and hence really hard to walk around in crutches ( its like dragging around a stump - which by the way i should be used to already :wacko: - )

pain blocker lasts till sunday afternoon ...which gives me a nice head start for pain management

:D Rehab rehab rehab, gotta loves the percs though

Glad to hear it went OK despite the fact you're sick. I didn't get the pain med catheter. :D Just percosets.

Sorry to hear- and good luck with the Rehab!! rememebr to take it slow, and don't hang out with yer friends that still like to get with the booze.......

oh, wrong rehab- sorry! As someone north of 30 that still plays way too much basketball- achilles tear hits close to home- along with ACL it is my worst nightmare. :knock on wood:

good luck with the pills and the 30 lbs yer gonna gain :wacko:

Sorry to hear- and good luck with the Rehab!! rememebr to take it slow, and don't hang out with yer friends that still like to get with the booze.......

oh, wrong rehab- sorry! As someone north of 30 that still plays way too much basketball- achilles tear hits close to home- along with ACL it is my worst nightmare. :knock on wood:

good luck with the pills and the 30 lbs yer gonna gain :wacko:

actually, as i noted in my initial response to isle... i lost a bit of weight after my surgery and got ripped in the shoulders/chest area :D .... schleppin' around on those crutches is a workout!

actually, as i noted in my initial response to isle... i lost a bit of weight after my surgery and got ripped in the shoulders/chest area :D .... schleppin' around on those crutches is a workout!

i will post my huddle picture before and after :wacko:

i believe using the cructhes in the long run will help burn calories and get ripped (like darin )

and then if possible Darin and I will have the first ever " torn achilles recovered arm wrestling match " :D

i will post my huddle picture before and after :wacko:

i believe using the cructhes in the long run will help burn calories and get ripped (like darin )

and then if possible Darin and I will have the first ever " torn achilles recovered arm wrestling match " :D

:D I'd hate to make whomper jealous.

Good luck in your recovery :D

thanks all ...leg still numb with this nerve block i have ...strange as i can not even wiggle my toes ...but i guess it beats tje pain i could be feeling

the nerve block wears off tomorrow evening ..we will see what happens when it does :wacko:

but so far so good boys

thanks all ...leg still numb with this nerve block i have ...strange as i can not even wiggle my toes ...but i guess it beats tje pain i could be feeling

the nerve block wears off tomorrow evening ..we will see what happens when it does :D

but so far so good boys

:wacko: I think you're psyching yourself out, man. I didn't even have this "nerve block" thing, just some percosets... and to be honest, I probably didn't even need them. They just helped me endure the dull-ish pain so I could sleep better.

:wacko: I think you're psyching yourself out, man. I didn't even have this "nerve block" thing, just some percosets... and to be honest, I probably didn't even need them. They just helped me endure the dull-ish pain so I could sleep better.

good pt and advice ...i actually am pretty good at pain management ...so its best i just ride it out and if i need the percocets i have plenty

time to man up :D

good pt and advice ...i actually am pretty good at pain management ...so its best i just ride it out and if i need the percocets i have plenty

time to man up :wacko:

Isle, sorry to hear about the AT surgert. I have mine just over 4 weeks ago stay positive the first 2 weeks are what suck the most. I actually used one of the orothopedic surgeons for the Giants to repair mine. (had it done at HSS in NYC) I was only in a cast for 1 week than on to the Cam Boot. I started PT after 15 days and I am weight bearing up ot what Ever I can handle. I am able to put all my weight on it as the boot really protects you. Their are allot of differnent rehabilitation methods with this injury, I would push your doctor to see what is the most aggressive for you to follow.

I can not tell you how much better it is once you start PT.. While at PT I am walking with no Boot on(2 sneakers) and only 1 crutch. if you google Achilles surgery Rehab protocol you will get more information than you care to. stay positve it gets better...