[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coke or Pepsi?

detlef

Coke or Pepsi  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Coke
    • Pepsi
    • Don't Care

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coke. Mexican Coke in the glass bottles is better. Mountain Dew is the only choice for non-cola drinks.

Mostly, though, I drink water.

"Taste is the main reason why his discriminating shoppers buy Mexican Coke – they say the cane sugar sweetener used in Mexican Coke has a sweeter, cleaner flavor than the high-fructose corn syrup in the American version. Many are willing to pay $1.10 per 12-ounce bottle for the imports, even with cans of American Coke sitting nearby for 49 cents each."

You can get it at all the authentic Mexican dives in Beaumont ...

"Taste is the main reason why his discriminating shoppers buy Mexican Coke – they say the cane sugar sweetener used in Mexican Coke has a sweeter, cleaner flavor than the high-fructose corn syrup in the American version. Many are willing to pay $1.10 per 12-ounce bottle for the imports, even with cans of American Coke sitting nearby for 49 cents each."

Mexican coke rocks - it's tough to find here, but when I find it I stock up.

stop going off, it gets boring. :wacko:

Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, Pepsi, Pepsi........NOT

I have drank diet soda for so long now, all the regular stuff is way too sweet and syrupy. I used to drink Diet Pepsi but have been doing Diet Coke now for years. I'll use the regular Coke for rum.

it ain't rum and pepsi.

Some people would dare to differ.... In Vegas, at the Mandalay Bay they have a great Rum bar called "The Rum Jungle" . Any kind of rum you can think of. And I do love a good rum. So my first time there, I'm thinking, I can spend all day here, and I start off my binge with the classic rum drink.

Rum and Coke, slice of lime please. The MF lookd at me and said.... We only have Pepsi.

I walked out mumbling how can a rum bar NOT have Coke and never returned.....

You can get it cheap at Costco

If I'm drinking regular soda, I probably want Coke. Grew up with it, it just tastes 'right' to me.

99% of the time though, I drink diet and I detest the taste of diet coke. So it's diet pepsi for me. But pretty much only from a can.

Fountain soda is always off, no matter which kind. At a fountain, I will generally go for something like Root beer (Barq's please) that I don't typically have at home.

no hfcs for me. :wacko:

:D

Don't you start, now.

Start a thread for high fructose corn syrup, and you can both go nuts in it. I'm not saying it's not bad for you, but when the wackos start going off, it's boring.

HFCS is evil. It's hard to keep out of your diet. You don't need to have it in the stuff you drink too. I'm not too keen on aspartame either. I used to make fun of the hippies who bought organic food too. Now I buy organic foods. One of the main reasons is that it doesn't have HFCS. It's really hard to buy stuff that doesn't have it.

I wish buying food wasn't a chore. Read the Omivore's Dilemma for more on the subject. It contributes greatly to obesity in this country. The way corn is grown in this country has changed dramatically over the past fifty years.

Oh yeah, Diet Coke w/ Splenda.

Strange, I find differences too... but I have other preferences.

I can drink Coke out of a tap just fine. But I can't stand Coke out of a can. It tastes too caramel-ly.

I prefer Pepsi.

Fountain coke at McDonald's rules. Almost everywhere else I prefer Pepsi.