[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Emmit Smith Quotes

Double Agent

On the plus side there is no hint of a lisp with Emmitt. The way he drops "s" from words he never gets close. He has really good knowledge and is willing to actually give more than mundane opinions, but his grammar is certainly working against him. I may have to close this thread though since he is my all-time favorite player.

Now you guys just leave All Time Emmitt alone. It's hurts my ears also but hey we can't all be perfect and it's nice to see a real ordinary guy up there just telling it like it is.

DMD can't you put a stop to this stuff, Emmitt is my favorite also.

The guy is all class on and off the field and I understand what he is saying even though it may not be estectically pleasing.

Toughest runner of all time and dat wah may him da champ!

Now you guys just leave All Time Emmitt alone. It's hurts my ears also but hey we can't all be perfect and it's nice to see a real ordinary guy up there just telling it like it is.

The guy is all class on and off the field and I understand what he is saying even though it may not be estectically pleasing.

Get someone who can at least tell the difference between "singular" and "plural." I've had a problem for quite some time with what Howard Cosell called the "jock-ocracy" - people feel that there is some sort of legitimacy that comes with having played the game, but in my experience, about 99 out of 100 ex-players who move into the booth/onto the set either de-ball themselves by being unwilling to criticize, are too dumb to get whatever they might know across, or don't really know all that much more - perhaps even less - than an observant non-player can learn. Or some combination thereof.

Oddly enough, the last two all-time rushing champs, Walter Payton and Jim Brown, both appeared to be able to excel on the field, be class acts off of it (well, in Jimbo's case, maybe not a "class act" but he is a significant and positive person in the black community), AND speak in something resembling correct English.

It doesn't exactly serve as a promotional tool for people with Public Recreation majors from University of Florida. Or his high school, middle school or even elementary school.

DMD can't you put a stop to this stuff, Emmitt is my favorite also.

Toughest runner of all time and dat wah may him da champ!

:wacko:

Please tell me youre joking...