[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Oscar Thread

isleseeya

:wacko:

My wife has me watching this ...i can honestly say ,i do not think i saw any movie nominated for any catergory ....then again i do not get out much to the movies

i am not movie hip but i will say one thing if Ben Hur does not win at least 5 oscars their is a definite fix :D

:D

Edited by isleseeya

:wacko:

My wife has me watching this ...i can honestly say ,i do not think i saw any movie nominated for any catergory ....then again i do not get out much to the movies

i am not movie hip but i will say one thing if Ben Hur does not win at least 5 oscars their is a definite fix :D

:moon:

the Oscars are on? :D

Edited by Avernus

You can lock up Daniel Day-Lewis for Actor and the Coen Brothers film for picture and most likely director(s).

...and based on what I've heard about THOSE two movies in particular ( No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood), if you don't like them, you might as well give up on watching movies.

You can lock up Daniel Day-Lewis for Actor and the Coen Brothers film for picture and most likely director(s).

I haven't seen crap this year either.

I agree with you there. Although I am rooting for There Will be Blood for best pic, No Country seems to be the front-runner. I liked them both so it's not a big deal.

I agree with you there. Although I am rooting for There Will be Blood for best pic, No Country seems to be the front-runner. I liked them both so it's not a big deal.

I was looking at the odds on one of my sports sites this morning. . .DDL and No Country were something like 1-10 to win. No, not 10-1. 1-10.

No real surprise for best picture. Although I thought the Coen brothers would have shown a little more emotion.

They're pretty weird dudes. Glad they won. . .I love just about everything they've done. Prolly my favorite film makers.

How does Sicko not win documentary? It's gotta be the only one the voters even saw. . .

:wacko: You must not know how the whole thing works.

They're pretty weird dudes. Glad they won. . .I love just about everything they've done. Prolly my favorite film makers.

:D You must not know that everyone in Hollywood is weird.

:D

:wacko: You must not know how the whole thing works.

I could have sworn I heard some voters admit that many of them vote without seeing all the nominated films. . . maybe I'm mistaken.

ETA - I'm sticking with the theory that Michael Moore is being blackballed for his past acceptance speaches.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

I could have sworn I heard some voters admit that many of them vote without seeing all the nominated films. . . maybe I'm mistaken.

ETA - I'm sticking with the theory that Michael Moore is being blackballed for his past acceptance speaches.

:wacko: It came down to Hollywood wanting to make a statement on the Middle East vs. at-home health care.