[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

darin3

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this reminded me to download Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah

Yeah it was #2 on iTunes the day after.

If Smithson and Johns make it to the final 2, do they still call it American Idol?

The little chick is from the Philippines.... she won the "Idol" competition there.

Is it just me or is the whole shy, goofy kid thing(Archuletta getting on your nerves too? :D The kid is supremely talented to be sure, but to be a star i think he needs to "grow up" a little.

Yeah, he's a little too "aw, shucks" for me.

#1 song on itunes right now. cool.

:wacko: Whoa...

So Paula's isn't #1 on Itunes anymore? (Did I just type that out loud.....?) That was an awesome version of that song that he did. Awesome!

I really wanted to like Amanda but she is going to struggle. She slaughtered Wayward Son and that should have been something she could do.

What should scare people about Arch if they do not want to see him win is the whole Zach Efferon, Jonas Brothers, High School Musical fans out there with their unlimited cell phone minutes. I pointed his performance of "Imagine" out to my daughter just so I could tease her as to if he is "dreamy" or not. Last week his performance was the only one she watched on the DVR.

All of that aside, he is good. If that one 16-17 year-old girl a few years back could make #2 he can.

Tuesday night in the books....

Favorites tonight were Brooke (Let it Be) , Jason & David Cook.

IMO, Kristie Lee Cook is gone, and unless the earth stops spinning, David Hernandez is next.

David Archuletta is lucky he is liked by the 10-18 year-old viewership, cause he has been barely average since his "Imagine" performance....forgetting the words to a Beetles song?

I've seen exactly 3 minutes of this show in the last 4 years. It was about 20 minutes ago when some kid looked into the camera and said "I don't know any Beatles songs" and then BUTCHERED "We Can Work It Out".

Thank you. . .check please.

brooke surprised me and i'm seeing her in a new light.

david cook is getting stronger as this thing goes on and i'm still waiting, as simon said, for michael johns to show what he can do.

the arch kid f'ed up big time. you don't forget words. i think nerves pummeled him.

jason was cool, but he now needs to shake it up a bit and show a different side.

carly rocked.

Christie Lee Cook came across as a frenetic version of Hee-Haw and is likely on thin ice except for being attractive and the only country element left.

David Hernandez is probably gone. Just nothing there compared to the others IMO

The Phillipino girl is getting boring too.

My guess is Hernandez gets the boot.

Christie Lee Cook came across as a frenetic version of Hee-Haw and is likely on thin ice except for being attractive and the only country element left.

David Hernandez is probably gone. Just nothing there compared to the others IMO

The Phillipino girl is getting boring too.

My guess is Hernandez gets the boot.

they need to get rid of this entire group.

eta: meaning the ones listed here ... country cook, the stripper, and bland girl ... it will be fun to watch the others go at it.

Edited by tonorator

I've seen exactly 3 minutes of this show in the last 4 years. It was about 20 minutes ago when some kid looked into the camera and said "I don't know any Beatles songs" and then BUTCHERED "We Can Work It Out".

Thank you. . .check please.

Timing is everything and yours SUCKED

seriously some of these kids have done some very very good to great songs...David Cook IS getting STRONGER and his personality is starting to show thru which will help him immensely...same with brooke, i was wondering what song she would pick and how she would pull it off and she really did a phenomenal job with it...i also really liked Chickeze's song tonite too....

Bottom 3:

Country Girl(she had the right idea but she didnt pull it off at all....on top of everything the judges said I thought the tempo was WAY to fast)

Syesha: At first I thought they were having a problem with the sound board....later Carly proved that it wasnt the sound board.

Gay Stripper dude: Just way to over the top

On the cusp of the bottom 3 would be the Filipino girl

Who deserves to be in the bottome 3: David "I wish I could have sang Imagine tonite" Archuletta

Who goes home: Country Girl

I also might be amending my top 6...I think David Cook is going from Dark Horse to possible favorite but Carly is right there with him....man that chick has a BIG VOICE

Edited by keggerz

Brooke makes my dick move.

She does. What can I say. :wacko:

:D

i'd say generically hot-looking, but (as i've said before) i find her voice super sexy, and her hotness is enhanced by her ability to play guitar and piano. if they allowed her to play naked, i believe that, for the first time ever, i would vote in an american idol competition.

Knew that Hernandez, Syesha, and Ramielle would have problems with Beattles' tunes (ballad, big voices). Just not their cup of tea.

Chikesie surprised me alot. Amanda actually has a smile. Carly showed her British heritage. Brooke is doing very well.

DCook, Castro, and Johns did their thing. Syesha did well enough to to be in teh middle area.

Not good this week:

Kristi, Hernandez, and Archuletta.

Arch will get through no doubt. I think Hernandez probably goes. Kristi had the worst reviews by the judges though.

Dial Idol Predictions

According to this, which is often accurate, Syesha will go.

The site also had Syesha voted off last week, and she didn't finish in the bottom two. :wacko:

Gotta be Kristie Lee Cook or Hernandez, unless they both are dominating their "market segments" (Kristie's country fans, David's sausage-lovers special)

The site also had Syesha voted off last week, and she didn't finish in the bottom two. :wacko:

Gotta be Kristie Lee Cook or Hernandez, unless they both are dominating their "market segments" (Kristie's country fans, David's sausage-lovers special)

due to the +/- of their predictions 11 of them are in jeopardy of being voted off

Edited by keggerz

Dial Idol Predictions

According to this, which is often accurate, Syesha will go.

David is still getting such a large percentage of the votes that it is putting everyone else at risk.

DialIdol hasn't been accurate for two years.

They don't predict anymore. Just have that stupid "2-8 place." I can predict the one person not to be kicked off.

They still put a thumbs up sign by the name as if they got it right though.

Gotta like the females from last week + all 8 were ranked 1-8th place. Not given actually a rank, just all of them were ranked 1st through 8th place.

The last time they actually ranked contestants was when the gray haired guy won it all. Not since then.

Was real disappointed in Archuleta last night but I was starting to grow tired of his "aw shucks" attitude anyways. My wife absolutely loves the kid, though.

Worst three, by far, were Hernandez, Kristy and the midget. This, of course, is assuming we give Archuleta a free pass because he's been nothing short of stellar thus far.

Thought Carly's performance was pretty good. Brooke's performance was awesome. Thought Castro's performance was good but he's going to need to put something real creative together if he wants to move into the top 3-4. David Cook is getting better; 2-3 more performances like that and you can ink him to a deal as a front-man (much like Daughtry).

After all it's said and done, though, I think the ghey stripper goes home. Kristy swung and missed but still has a larger following than him. The midget also has a following and has a good enough voice to last another week. Ghey boy this week, Cook or midget next week, then it gets tough. Probably Amanda, if she can't switch it up a bit.

Edited by darin3

DialIdol hasn't been accurate for two years.

They don't predict anymore. Just have that stupid "2-8 place." I can predict the one person not to be kicked off.

They still put a thumbs up sign by the name as if they got it right though.

Gotta like the females from last week + all 8 were ranked 1-8th place. Not given actually a rank, just all of them were ranked 1st through 8th place.

The last time they actually ranked contestants was when the gray haired guy won it all. Not since then.

you have to look at the +/- ratio...that is why they are all listed 2-8 in yellow....it also seems to be a bit more accurate the fewer contestants there are.

Was real disappointed in Archuleta last night but I was starting to grow tired of his "aw shucks" attitude anyways. My wife absolutely loves the kid, though.

Worst three, by far, were Hernandez, Kristy and the midget. This, of course, is assuming we give Archuleta a free pass because he's been nothing short of stellar thus far.

Thought Carly's performance was pretty good. Brooke's performance was awesome. Thought Castro's performance was good but he's going to need to put something real creative together if he wants to move into the top 3-4. David Cook is getting better; 2-3 more performances like that and you can ink him to a deal as a front-man (much like Daughtry).

After all it's said and done, though, I think the ghey stripper goes home. Kristy swung and missed but still has a larger following than him. The midget also has a following and has a good enough voice to last another week. Ghey boy this week, Cook or midget next week, then it gets tough. Probably Amanda, if she can't switch it up a bit.

have to disagree...that kid could sing the ABCs and make it to the final 6...at this point