[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama's Passport Information Breached

CaP'N GRuNGe

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/030...s_passport.html

Also just reported on CNN....

State Dept. workers illicitly check Obama's passport?

Nobody's reported the story that's now leading Drudge, so the details remain unclear, but here's Obama spokesman Bill Burton's statement.

This is an outrageous breach of security and privacy, even from an Administration that has shown little regard for either over the last eight years. Our government’s duty is to protect the private information of the American people, not use it for political purposes. This is a serious matter that merits a complete investigation, and we demand to know who looked at Senator Obama’s passport file, for what purpose, and why it took so long for them to reveal this security breach.

By Ben Smith 08:11 PM

CNN stated the same thing happened to Bill Clinton when he ran in 1992.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

His passport file goes back to his childhood. It happened in january yet his senate office was informed of this(Obama wasn't told) just a few hours ago.

This is absurd. It was january 9th, in february and then last week. 3 separate events. It took 2 1/2 months to inform the campaign.

A similar happened to Clinton in 1991 under the first President Bush and an independent prosecutor was named. They didn't find anything but 2 1/2 months looks bad.

Edited by Randall

Duh, many arabs are on the no fly list.

The fact this one hates amerika does not make this news surprising.

:wacko:

#1 He isn't arab.

#2 He loves what america once was before Bush ruined our reputation in the world.

#3 What news? He didn't do this it was done to him.

Edited by Randall

I fail to see the conspiracy here. Some nosey employee of the government accessed records they had access to, that didn't need to be accessed. Due to the breech in protocol, they were fired. In the computer age, people are constantly accessing things that they have no business to access, just to satisfy their own curiosity. I know one of my employees accessed a spreadsheet that shows what every employee in the company got for a bonus. I didn't fire the guy, but I did warn him if he did anything like that again, he'd be gone. I just don't see what the big deal is. Was Obama's privacy infringed upon? Yes, it was. Was appropriate action taken when the guilty party was discovered? Yes it was. What's the big deal?

I fail to see the conspiracy here. Some nosey employee of the government accessed records they had access to, that didn't need to be accessed. Due to the breech in protocol, they were fired. In the computer age, people are constantly accessing things that they have no business to access, just to satisfy their own curiosity. I know one of my employees accessed a spreadsheet that shows what every employee in the company got for a bonus. I didn't fire the guy, but I did warn him if he did anything like that again, he'd be gone. I just don't see what the big deal is. Was Obama's privacy infringed upon? Yes, it was. Was appropriate action taken when the guilty party was discovered? Yes it was. What's the big deal?

This happened on 3 seperate occasions. And the proper chain of command was not followed in reporting any of this for a couple of months.

I guess you're one of those small government republicans that has no problem with big brother spying on you because "i'm not doing anything wrong".

This happened on 3 seperate occasions. And the proper chain of command was not followed in reporting any of this for a couple of months.

I guess you're one of those small government republicans that has no problem with big brother spying on you because "i'm not doing anything wrong".

Nope, I don't want the government in my life either. I'm for smaller government all around, though I will admit, I'm more focused on the fiscal side. My point is the people that did it were fired, what more do you want?

It is a big deal. Information isn't supposed to be breached. Because they can, isn't even close to being a good reason..

What if a friend of yours worked at a clinic? Should they look up your medical records for no reason?

It is a big deal. Information isn't supposed to be breached. Because they can, isn't even close to being a good reason..

What if a friend of yours worked at a clinic? Should they look up your medical records for no reason?

Taken a step further, the direction we're going with the government collecting info on every citizen, we could be looking at a situation where insurance companies could be accessing personal health information records on their customers in determining whether or not grant medical coverage. Is this a good idea?

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I don't believe that any administration is capable of the moral discipline required to maintain proper security for this nation and all of its citizens. No need to try to point fingers across the aisle on this one... they are all guilty, and I can't imagine that this will be the last time something like this happens.

I've seen this done. We build hospitals and schools. I was talking to a receptionist at one of the hospitals we had just finished. We were talking about HIPPA and how it was about to change how monitors could be set in counter tops. She was telling me all she could do with just a name and an adress. She looked up both mine and my wife's medical records.

Taken a step further, the direction we're going with the government collecting info on every citizen, we could be looking at a situation where insurance companies could be accessing personal health information records on their customers in determining whether or not grant medical coverage. Is this a good idea?

Hate to break it to ya bro...we already have you sign a consent form to allow us to see your medical records for underwriting purposes.