[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has Anyone Seen PantherDave?

jaxfactor

+2

someone won their fantasy league 3 months ago, and hasn't been paid yet because the commish/treasurer is too busy? how much time can it take to address an envelope and write a check?

that's rough.

I remember PD as a good guy, bu he needs to pass the reins to any treasurer duties he has ASAP.

+4

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chappy
He eventually paid up.

Well, I guess that's better than being strung up by your twig and berries. Good decision, Mr. Coffee.

So what ever became of that. I was reading that thread and it ended without resolve. I'd say I'm just a little bit interested in the outcome.

Wasn't one of my prouder moments as I should have been more trusting, but you never know on the innernets. I'm just glad he doesn't hold any grudges 'cuz I most certainly like Coffeeman. Sorta bummed I didn't get to meet him in SoCal while I lived there.

In any case, PD's a good cat (pun somewhat intended) but he should have paid up by now. I'm actually waiting on a check or two from my winnings in a non-BOTH league. Pretty lame. :wacko:

Wasn't one of my prouder moments as I should have been more trusting, but you never know on the innernets. I'm just glad he doesn't hold any grudges 'cuz I most certainly like Coffeeman. Sorta bummed I didn't get to meet him in SoCal while I lived there.

In any case, PD's a good cat (pun somewhat intended) but he should have paid up by now. I'm actually waiting on a check or two from my winnings in a non-BOTH league. Pretty lame. :D

When you say it wasn't one of your proudest moments, what does that mean? Did Coffeeman have a legit excuse? You were talking about 2 weeks in that thread. It's been almost 4 months in my case, but PD hasn't been on the boards at all since early Jan., which is why I was concerned and worried about starting this thread. I have always thought PD was a stand up guy, which is why I'm more bummed than pissed. Yeah, it may have been embarrassing for him to send me an e-mail or PM telling me what's up. But I'd sure as hell respect him more for doing so. Just bolting without a word isn't right.

I'm not a vengeful type of person. Maybe he felt that I would be. Those that do know me personally think I'm a very understanding person. This whole sitch has become somewhat :wacko:

i dont understand ...PD is a great guy stuff is all wonderful ( all my dealings with him were always good ) but not pay a guy for almost 4 months , not answer a PM , not take a moment to finalize a league you created and ran by paying all the winners out in a timely manner and when someone finally geta hold of you , you answer is your busy , is very , very weak in my opinion ...like shocking weak

look at the huddlers here who run leagues and or are involved , can not think of any who would drop the ball like this

again no one is perfect ...and i do believe PD is a good guy , afriendly huddler but sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade like in a case like this

now God forbid if something was wrong with PD or his family everything changes in this matter ...but from what i saw it was a matter of him just being busy :wacko:

anyway off my soap box and hope Jax gets his money soon as he deserves to for winning and for being a real good guy

Edited by isleseeya

When you say it wasn't one of your proudest moments, what does that mean? Did Coffeeman have a legit excuse? You were talking about 2 weeks in that thread. It's been almost 4 months in my case, but PD hasn't been on the boards at all since early Jan., which is why I was concerned and worried about starting this thread. I have always thought PD was a stand up guy, which is why I'm more bummed than pissed. Yeah, it may have been embarrassing for him to send me an e-mail or PM telling me what's up. But I'd sure as hell respect him more for doing so. Just bolting without a word isn't right.

I'm not a vengeful type of person. Maybe he felt that I would be. Those that do know me personally think I'm a very understanding person. This whole sitch has become somewhat :wacko:

It means that I probably should have just continued to wait for a response from the guy rather than - what some call - start a witch-hunt. In my case, Coffeeman went from a rather frequent poster to zip-zero-nada, coinciding with the end of the College Bowl pick 'em game. It just seemed like odd timing and I simply posed a general query to my fellow Huddlers that may have more information about his whereabouts - similar to the gist of your initial post in this thread. And in my case, it turned sour real fast... by no wrong-doing of my own, IMHO. I don't think you're wrong in what you did.... and if anyone's questioning your methods, well then I would guess they've never been in your/our situation.

E2A: And in the case of Coffeeman, he too simply stated that he got busy and totally spaced on it. While it seemed like a load of BS, I had to give the guy the benefit of the doubt as he's a stand-up guy who I had/have no problems with whatsoever.

Edited by darin3

What jaxfatter has failed to mentioned is he is only owed $7.25 from PD. :wacko:

Doesn't matter. He is owed the money...he won it fair and square.

One pays what one owes in a timely manner. Takes five minutes to take care of it. If that.

We've had a couple instances in the last few years of people that handle the money being very late, or not paying at all. This is not a good trend to have here. Trust is a fragile thing.

Doesn't matter. He is owed the money...he won it fair and square.

One pays what one owes in a timely manner. Takes five minutes to take care of it. If that.

We've had a couple instances in the last few years of people that handle the money being very late, or not paying at all. This is not a good trend to have here. Trust is a fragile thing.

Exactly. Although H8 was joking. There is a small list of excuses not to pay timely. God forbid some sort of tragedy struck or illness or major family emergency then you can cut a guy slack. I know PD is a good guy. I have interacted with him numerous times. Bottom line is the fact that he answered the phone when Irish called showed that thank God he is alive and well. He said he was busy which is a zero excuse as far as paying off a league. League funds should be collected and held . Never spent and replaced.

Im treasurer in 2 leagues, and I typically pay within a week or 2. Theres just no excuse for distributing moneyif you are a treasurer. In leagues that have a lot of teams I could see a reason to put it off as you would need to make sure you have all the payouts right, but in a 10, 12, or even a 14 team league, theres just no excuse.

that said, if this is over 7 bucks, well, Im not sure I would have made a thread about it, but I know he said he was posting the htread to see if anyone knew he was ok.

Im treasurer in 2 leagues, and I typically pay within a week or 2. Theres just no excuse for distributing moneyif you are a treasurer. In leagues that have a lot of teams I could see a reason to put it off as you would need to make sure you have all the payouts right, but in a 10, 12, or even a 14 team league, theres just no excuse.

that said, if this is over 7 bucks, well, Im not sure I would have made a thread about it, but I know he said he was posting the htread to see if anyone knew he was ok.

:wacko: The 7 bucks post was a joke

Whether you guys think PD is a "stand up guy" or a "good guy" is completely irrelevant here. To not have paid out a league by almost April that ended in December is rediculous and shows a lack of character and respect. If it were me, I would have found his ass by now and collected one way or another. It is complete BS. I am actually angry about this and it has nothing to do with me. But, as a commish of 2 leagues, I see no way this should be tolerated or excused unless the dude was incapacitated or dead. Since neither is the case, the guy should be ashamed of himself and never commish a league again. If someone doesn't pay their league dues in time, I am on their ass until it is paid. I would expect no less from owners who wanted their money after winning.

What if you spend the money on something cool, like a Wolf shirt?

Then you should use the wolf shirt to pay off the league. or your mortgage

Whether you guys think PD is a "stand up guy" or a "good guy" is completely irrelevant here. To not have paid out a league by almost April that ended in December is rediculous and shows a lack of character and respect. I

I wouldn't go that far. Everyone has issues that prevent us from doing what we should sometimes. If this happens more than once I could see a potential character problem, but I wouldn't say it was one just over this. If it happens again I may agree with you. If it were me I'd like to know what happened. In my limited dealings with Dave he's been honest and responsive.

I'm not willing to write someone off if only one thing has happened.

I wouldn't go that far. Everyone has issues that prevent us from doing what we should sometimes. If this happens more than once I could see a potential character problem, but I wouldn't say it was one just over this. If it happens again I may agree with you. If it were me I'd like to know what happened. In my limited dealings with Dave he's been honest and responsive.

I'm not willing to write someone off if only one thing has happened.

He pretty much said he was busy. That's a pretty lame excuse for not paying someone you owe money to. I could see being busy and not paying for a week, or a few weeks, but months? Dunno, while I hope everything is OK with Dave, I think him not paying sucks. As a commish you have an obligation, you have to fill it, there should be no excuses. JNNSHO.

Edited by Hugh 0ne