[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has Anyone Seen PantherDave?

jaxfactor

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he spent the money on hookers and blow there is no exuse!!

JK PD is in my BOTH league and he is a standup guy. Something must be up.

Hope he is ok.

You mean like the housing mess?

He pretty much said he was busy. That's a pretty lame excuse for not paying someone you owe money to. I could see being busy and not paying for a week, or a few weeks, but months? Dunno, while I hope everything is OK with Dave, I think him not paying sucks. As a commish you have an obligation, you have to fill it, there should be no excuses. JNNSHO.

well, who wants to come right out and say, "I couldn't make my mortgage last month so I tapped into the league dues -- I'm not proud of it, in fact I'm pretty damn ashamed, but it is what it is." nah, if that's the deal, they're gonna say, "I've been really busy....I'll get it to you as soon as I can." and if that is indeed the deal, then I don't see that these call-out threads accomplish much. I am pretty sure PD will pay up eventually. but unfortunately, I'm thinking jax may have to wait a while. I'd be pissed if I were jax, having plans for the $$ and all, but if the guy just doesn't have the money right now, what can you do short of sending nsab's crew down?

well, who wants to come right out and say, "I couldn't make my mortgage last month so I tapped into the league dues -- I'm not proud of it, in fact I'm pretty damn ashamed, but it is what it is." nah, if that's the deal, they're gonna say, "I've been really busy....I'll get it to you as soon as I can." and if that is indeed the deal, then I don't see that these call-out threads accomplish much. I am pretty sure PD will pay up eventually. but unfortunately, I'm thinking jax may have to wait a while. I'd be pissed if I were jax, having plans for the $$ and all, but if the guy just doesn't have the money right now, what can you do short of sending nsab's crew down?

Except alerting people to the possibility/reality that someone is not living up to the trust that was placed in them as league treasurer...

Being the commish, he had the responsibility to pay by now,there is no excuse..

This thread at least got a phone call through and gave Jax some sort of answer. Before that he had zero. Out of sight out of mind.

This is spot on. Something happened and it sucks that something happened. At this point there is no sense pounding PD into the ground over it. It is what it is. He owes, he knows he owes. We now all know he owes but lets give it a break at this point and hope that all is TRULY right with PD.

Edited by Skippy

Except alerting people to the possibility/reality that someone is not living up to the trust that was placed in them as league treasurer...

I agree with that. other huddlers deserve to know who they're dealing with, if they ever happen to be in a position of sending the guy money to hold in the future.

I guess my point was, this sort of thread probably ain't gonna get jax his money any sooner, and could even have the opposite effect.

This thread at least got a phone call through and gave Jax some sort of answer. Before that he had zero. Out of sight out of mind.

disagree with that. before this thread, jax had, "I'm real busy, I'll pay you as soon as I can." now he has another phone call saying, "I'm real busy, I'll pay you as soon as I can." I don't see the progress.

Edited by Azazello1313

I agree with that. other huddlers deserve to know who they're dealing with, if they ever happen to be in a position of sending the guy money to hold in the future.

I guess my point was, this sort of thread probably ain't gonna get jax his money any sooner, and could even have the opposite effect.

disagree with that. before this thread, jax had, "I'm real busy, I'll pay you as soon as I can." now he has another phone call saying, "I'm real busy, I'll pay you as soon as I can." I don't see the progress.

He had unanswered Pms and no contact in 2008 . The fact that PD answered the phone put Jax at ease that the guy was physically OK.

edit to add. Last contact 1/03/08

Edited by whomper

P.S.- I did PM him back on Jan. 3rd and he replied that he was really busy with the holidays and all. He asked me for my addy and I gave it to him. Have not heard from him since and now his PM box is full.

His answer wasn't I will pay you as soon as I can...he got a reason....Holidays...admittedly the holidays are over.....is Jax to wait until all the Holidays are over....cause that just won't stop then. PD acted as if the payment was coming asking for Jax's ADDY. Maybe it was a misdirected payment....maybe I got it on accident!!!! Who knows....but if the guy doesn't communicate, how do you confirm it. This was Jax's last forum to achieve any kind of information.

I just left a VM with PD to check in with him. He is a good guy, and he paid me for the Colts vs. Panthers game I bought for him last July and got the check from him right away, so I know that Jax will get paid. However, he should stop by the board to provide some explanation for Jax and let him know when to expect his $$.

in my very 1st league back in 98, I waited for payment up until mid-March....I got out after my 3rd year as they clearly ran a bush league anyways...

a Commish should have the money no later than the NFL Superbowl...any later than that is kinda silly...

Edited by Avernus

. The fact that PD answered the phone put Jax at ease that the guy was physically OK.

Ding ding ding ding! Thanks whomp! This was not meant to turn into a bash fest as my original post stated. I was sincerely concerned. All we can do is make guesses as to what happened. If PD didn't have the money, he could have PMed me and told me so, while telling me he'd get it to me as soon as he could. It would have gone no farther. Nobody would even know about it. A PM is a one on one thing.

So PD, if you read this, my sincere apologies as I was concerned about you and didn't want this to turn bad. Yes, I am upset that you couldn't at least contact me. It wouldn't have changed what I think about you. Perhaps you thought it would. I'm not like that. Now get your arss back on the site and give us some more crock pot recipes. Oh, and my league winnings would be nice also. :wacko:

in my very 1st league back in 98, I waited for payment up until mid-March....I got out after my 3rd year as they clearly ran a bush league anyways...

a Commish should have the money no later than the NFL Superbowl...any later than that is kinda silly...

:wacko: payment should be made according to the time frame set up in the league rules

fwiw, i am a treasurer for 2 both leagues(fusion and just added ATAP this yr)...I always keep league money away from my own....i never made this a formal announcement but we closed our business on Feb 3rd due to poor business conditions....things were about as bleak as you could ever imagine including me not knowing how long it would take me to get a job(ended up being out of work for almost 6 weeks) but I paid everyone and it was in a timely manner(our rule states within 7days after OUR week 16 SB)....I am not insinuating that Dave spent the loot just simply addressing the fact that bad sh1t happening to you financially isnt a good reason to not have the money either...imo, that is stealing....in the end this situation is about communication....nothing good ever comes from poor or no communication.

Edited by keggerz

well, who wants to come right out and say, "I couldn't make my mortgage last month so I tapped into the league dues -- I'm not proud of it, in fact I'm pretty damn ashamed, but it is what it is." nah, if that's the deal, they're gonna say, "I've been really busy....I'll get it to you as soon as I can."

It was a 12 man league for $20 a pop. Nobody's that broke... :wacko: