[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

no 0-10 pool this year?

BillyBalata

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mulled it over. I really did. I just hate the team selection bickering to be honest with you. There is no fair way to designate teams and people who come late to the thread whose team is gone get pissed off.

I mulled it over. I really did. I just hate the team selection bickering to be honest with you. There is no fair way to designate teams and people who come late to the thread whose team is gone get pissed off.

Bunch of bitches. As long as I get the Tigers, I'm good to go... :wacko:

If someone takes care of team selection and of course I get my O's I will run it and we will start april 15th. we can go 25 per person winner takes all

Edited by whomper

Guest Chappy
If someone takes care of team selection and of course I get my O's I will run it and we will start april 15th. we can go 25 per person winner takes all

Why don't you alphabetize the team names, do a dice roll and then lowest number gets the 1st team at the beginning of the alphabet and so on?

Why don't you alphabetize the team names, do a dice roll and then lowest number gets the 1st team at the beginning of the alphabet and so on?

How did I know something like this was going to come

People want to root for their favorite teams otherwise its more like an emotionally detached pool which is fine for some people but most want their favorite team

Edited by whomper

Guest Chappy
People want to root for their favorite teams otherwise its more like an emotionally detached pool

I understand. However, it's the fairest way. And when people play fantasy football, baseball, etc. they still get to root for their favorite teams and don't necessarily draft every player from their favorite team. Same would apply here. It's just a pool and people will still root for their home team regardless of who they have in this pool. Just a thought.

Guest Chappy
If Chaprish runs it I'm in for two teams. Randomly selected of course.

Random selection would be the best way to go and I'd be willing to help but by all means I'm about to be lynched for starting up the Huddle Hotties so I don't want to take charge, change rules, etc.

I understand. However, it's the fairest way. And when people play fantasy football, baseball, etc. they still get to root for their favorite teams and don't necessarily draft every player from their favorite team. Same would apply here. It's just a pool and people will still root for their home team regardless of who they have in this pool. Just a thought.

The origins on this contest was a free one where I would send the winner the hat of their favorite team. So people came in first come first serve and grabbed their favorite team. The next time we did it I believe we grandfathered in the old teams . Then after that we started doing it for cash and reopened the teams to everyone and thats when we had some bickering. Ill run it but I dont think randome selection is the way I want to go. Let me sleep on it and I may just go first come first serve tomorrow.

Guest Chappy
The origins on this contest was a free one where I would send the winner the hat of their favorite team. So people came in first come first serve and grabbed their favorite team. The next time we did it I believe we grandfathered in the old teams . Then after that we started doing it for cash and reopened the teams to everyone and thats when we had some bickering. Ill run it but I dont think randome selection is the way I want to go. Let me sleep on it and I may just go first come first serve tomorrow.

That's cool, whatever you think.

If you do it I'll take the Pirates. Also, if you need extra people I'm sure my cousin will get but I'll wait to ask him.

I ran this either last year or 2 years ago & I hated the payment part. I'm glad you're back Whomp.

I think it was last year and i ran one also. Mostly because of the dog fights over the teams. Mine was also differant than yours as i used 0-10 and you did 1-10.

Whomp if you do one i'll do a backup to cover the extras that want the same team.

I also don't think it would hurt to pull up the participants from last year and give priority, for a few days, to the guys who are always in this.

Let me know

I will start up a thread this afternoon with the details. It will be first come first serve and :wacko:The team requests in this thread are not valid . I will wait until the afternoon to give the west coast guys a fair shot. Anyone that wants in that misses out on their team can join Al's pool. I will also wait so the people that posted teams in here get a chance to see those requests arent valid .

Edited by whomper