[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad at it again

tonyr0802

After reading that Carson Palmer said he plans to report to the Bengals "when he has to," Chad Johnson called ESPN's John Clayton and reiterated that he wants to be "traded before the draft."

"I want to make this very clear," Chad said. "I don't know where (Palmer) got that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals. I wish he would stay out of my business. I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible. I don't intend on reporting to anything."

Link

What a jackass

I hope that the Bengals are able to sit him all season without trading him. I know that there are teams that don't mind having talented head-cases (cough-dallas-cough) but Chad certainly isn't doing himself any favors by showing his potential new employers just how difficult he would be if they are willing to pay enough to get him onto their roster.

Ya' just knew this was going to happen. Well, actually you didn't, because a couple of years ago the Bengals looked on the brink of something big, but it never panned out. Had the Bengals achieved more success this probably wouldn't be happening. Nonetheless I view Johnson now as a rat looking to jump off a sinking ship, and that's not a good look for him.

His last interviews on ESPN have been almost T.O.-esque. Good Time Chad has been locked in the closet while T.O. Chad does his thing.

I defended T.O. right up until the Eagles fiasco, he ended up making me look the fool. Not going there with Chad.

All that work he did creating and shaping his image, right down the crapper. Sad.

So, we can all admit that CJ is a chivesbag. Who is actually leading this team? Marvin Lewis? Palmer? Many a lesser athletic QB could have cold cocked CJ physically and/or mentally.

My take - Cincy is a ship without a captain and there are numerous organizations that could benefit and handle CJ better than the leader-less Bengals.

My take - Cincy is a ship without a captain and there are numerous organizations that could benefit and handle CJ better than the leader-less Bengals.

+1

While his delivery of the message is immature and self-fulfilling, the message itself appears to be spot-on: the bengals are a sinking ship, and this WR in his prime wants out before it goes completely under. While I question his means to an end, I don't question his view of the end.

palmer, unfortunately, is not a leader. unless he changes course, you will not see him step out and call out anyone. the one time he did, he apologized and said it was the coach's job. it's sad, but it is just not in the guy. who fills the void to have a player-leader is yet to be seen. certainly is not chad. tj is too soft spoken. rudi doesn't have the fire. nobody is good enough on the defensive side of the ball.

as far as chad, this thing is his own creation. it has no legs and it has no substance. he has no ground to be upset about anything because this team has gone to great lengths to cover up just what an ass he is. the fans want to like him so much that we overlooked a lot. he was given a big, new contract from the organization. even with all this, he whines because his ego (and wallet) is still not satisfied.

if he is traded to a marquee team, it would be a shame. then you would have the owners of the bengals putting chad in a much better position while the team ends up in a worse position. i can't see them doing that, but who knows. like savage, i'd rather they keep him and bench him. what sucks is that it looks like this thing will be a hugh off-season distraction for the team at a time when i know i'd rather be looking to the draft and to the future.

can the Bengals suspend this guy for detrimental conduct and receive any cap relief? the league needs to look at giving teams some assistance in dealing with player conduct. Ocho A-hole is hurting this team and they're in a no-win situation. i hate this NBA mentality creeping into the NFL.

.....i guess the NHL is the last haven for the team-first player.

can the Bengals suspend this guy for detrimental conduct and receive any cap relief? the league needs to look at giving teams some assistance in dealing with player conduct. Ocho A-hole is hurting this team and they're in a no-win situation. i hate this NBA mentality creeping into the NFL.

.....i guess the NHL is the last haven for the team-first player.

I believe the most they can do is the Keyshawn (Bucs) and TO (Eagles) approach and give him a 4-week suspension without pay then an unofficial suspension (with pay but the player would not be with the team) for the rest of the season.

I believe the most they can do is the Keyshawn (Bucs) and TO (Eagles) approach and give him a 4-week suspension without pay then an unofficial suspension (with pay but the player would not be with the team) for the rest of the season.

I hope they dont do this but if he continues this way they will. 4 week no pay is a pretty penny I am sure. I still believe it wont come down to this but who knows...maybe his ego will take over.

So, we can all admit that CJ is a chivesbag. Who is actually leading this team? Marvin Lewis? Palmer? Many a lesser athletic QB could have cold cocked CJ physically and/or mentally.

That sums it up pretty well. They need somebody like Parcells in the front office and somebody like Tom Coughlin on the sideline.

Edited by Bill Swerski

FYI, the cap hit would be around $8 million if he is cut or traded, so he isn't going anywhere.

Chris Mortenson shot that theory down earlier this morning on Mike and Mike in the morning on espn radio... He said that he's had an owner directly tell him not to believe all the hype about "dead money" and that it does count as cap space used, which they somehow manage to pocket a big part of... I'm parphrasing it, but I found it interesting that an owner would tell Mort that dead money is not always a bad thing...

+1

message itself appears to be spot-on: the bengals are a sinking ship, and this WR in his prime wants out before it goes completely under.

I don't think that's Chad's message at all, I think you missed it by a mile. Chad's message is "I'm a teenage girl who is pouting because my team doesn't think I'm pretty enough"

If the Bengals are a sinking ship, it's Chad that's a big part of why. I'm far from saying they're firing on all cylinders (FAR from it). Their character drafting problems have been horrible. (Their own doing, yes, but I at least think they've recognized the failing and are trying to change it). Their already porous defense has taken some major hits the last couple years w/ quite a lot of injuries & 1 suspension (when you're a bad DEF to start w/, you can't overcome that). Both OT's last year missed much of the year due to injury, as did their RB. Lot of reasons for a bad season, managment/coaching have their fair share to. 2 of last 3 first round picks, and 2 of 3 last 2nd round picks have missed MULTIPLE SEASONS, all but one due to injurty.

But Chad the Material Girl hasn't helped. He works hard, yes. He's a great receiver, yes. He also gets in no trouble (by comparison) off the field. But many of us Bengals fans were slow to realize that all of this was for his purpose of him a) being considerd the greatest WR, :wacko: him getting the $$ that item a warrants, c) securing his Hall of Fame Induction. What I admit I failed to realize was that item d) helping my team win the Superbowl, was not one of the motivating factors, unless items a, b, and c were addressed first.

I've said more than I cared to.

Suspend him w/o pay as long as you can, then let him play the Scout team Offense during the week, inactive on Sunday.

Next year plan for the cap hit, trade him to the worste Offense (or worst team) in the NFL for a 5th round pick, and move on.

I don't think that's Chad's message at all, I think you missed it by a mile. Chad's message is "I'm a teenage girl who is pouting because my team doesn't think I'm pretty enough"

CHAD will still be a top 10 rec no matter where he goes

If the Bengals are a sinking ship, it's Chad that's a big part of why. I'm far from saying they're firing on all cylinders (FAR from it). Their character drafting problems have been horrible. (Their own doing, yes, but I at least think they've recognized the failing and are trying to change it). Their already porous defense has taken some major hits the last couple years w/ quite a lot of injuries & 1 suspension (when you're a bad DEF to start w/, you can't overcome that). Both OT's last year missed much of the year due to injury, as did their RB. Lot of reasons for a bad season, managment/coaching have their fair share to. 2 of last 3 first round picks, and 2 of 3 last 2nd round picks have missed MULTIPLE SEASONS, all but one due to injurty.

But Chad the Material Girl hasn't helped. He works hard, yes. He's a great receiver, yes. He also gets in no trouble (by comparison) off the field. But many of us Bengals fans were slow to realize that all of this was for his purpose of him a) being considerd the greatest WR, :wacko: him getting the $$ that item a warrants, c) securing his Hall of Fame Induction. What I admit I failed to realize was that item d) helping my team win the Superbowl, was not one of the motivating factors, unless items a, b, and c were addressed first.

I've said more than I cared to.

Suspend him w/o pay as long as you can, then let him play the Scout team Offense during the week, inactive on Sunday.

Next year plan for the cap hit, trade him to the worste Offense (or worst team) in the NFL for a 5th round pick, and move on.