[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watch out WCOFF

DMD

Pretty big deal for the NFFC. We all wondered when one of the big contests would attract a major media partner.

http://www.rotonation.com/

NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship Officially Announced

NBC Sports and F+W Publications are partnering to launch the NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship. The live event will be held simultaneously in Las Vegas, New York, Chicago and Orlando, on Aug. 30. There will be over $1 million in total prize money, with the grand prize winner taking home $100,000.

F+W is currently responsible for the National Fantasy Football Championship (NFFC) and National Fantasy Baseball Championship (NFBC), which hold live simultaneous drafts in Las Vegas, New York, Chicago and Orlando every year. F+W’s main competition in the world of high-stakes fantasy sports is the World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF).

NBC Sports plan to promote its new championship through RotoWorld and other on- and off-line events. Further, according to Rick Cordella, the General Manager of Fantasy Sports for NBC Sports, “By teaming up with F+W, we will be able to push The National Fantasy Football Championship to a new level and stature in the fantasy sports community.” In other words, ‘We’re going to make NFFC and NBC Sports FFC number 1.’

I think this is a great move for both companies. This partnership gives NBC Sports something to differentiate their fantasy offering from CBSSports.com, ESPN, and Yahoo!. F+W is able to bring a big brand to help them battle with the WCOFF for the high-stakes fantasy players. Win-Win.

(more…)

.”

I think they are having their big drafts in four different places in the country.

$1300 entry fee...certainly cheaper than WCOFF.

At the Flamingo on the strip.

4pm draft.. good for those that may get completely wasted the night before and need time to recover. :wacko:

No cap on booze at draft. :D

Man, remind me why we all do WCOFF again?

Interesting...

33 leagues with 12 teams. $1300 entry fee. How does that compare to WCOFF?

In addition to being a bit more expensive with toal costs (not sure of total costs for NFCC, as WCOFF cost includes one night at hotel and tickets to their ESPNZone party), WCOFF had 80-90 12 team leagues last year, maybe more, I know they had almost 75 in Vegas alone, not sure how many they got at their other draft locales, but I think the total ended up around 90 leagues.

In addition to being a bit more expensive with toal costs (not sure of total costs for NFCC, as WCOFF cost includes one night at hotel and tickets to their ESPNZone party), WCOFF had 80-90 12 team leagues last year, maybe more, I know they had almost 75 in Vegas alone, not sure how many they got at their other draft locales, but I think the total ended up around 90 leagues.

I read that they're tossing around the idea of making it a 14 team league this year.

I read that they're tossing around the idea of making it a 14 team league this year.

After requesting the deposits based on already established rules, any changes in the rules for this year would be bad policy. If they want to do this, make it in effect for next year so anyone not liking the new rules will have not made a deposit yet.

After requesting the deposits based on already established rules, any changes in the rules for this year would be bad policy. If they want to do this, make it in effect for next year so anyone not liking the new rules will have not made a deposit yet.

There are quite a few people up in arms right now on their message board about this.

Oh f0k that. That may be a deal breaker for me.

+1

I really don't like 14-team leagues. Dilutes the talent pool too much, and free agency is a joke.

+1

I really don't like 14-team leagues. Dilutes the talent pool too much, and free agency is a joke.

With regards to the final details on 2008, we will have those out shortly. Dont expect any major rule changes. (We will fix the playoff scoring to be weeks 13-16 + the average from weeks 1-12). We made the announcements for 2007 immediately following the acquisition (early May) and will have the 2008 final applications out close to the end of this month.

I'm guessing that they've decided to scrap that idea now. A 14 team league would seem like a major rule change.