[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just got back from Ironman

TimC

Cool popcorn summer movie. :wacko::D

I don't want to spoil anything, but do want to get people's opinions of the ending

when he admits he is Ironman. I thought it was cool. Main part I hated was the Cramer yelling part about the stock and the bad guy having complete control of his suit after showing Ironman taking so long to adjust to his.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it in any way comparable to Batman Begins with the way they built the storyline?...

and of course the storyline wouldn't be similar...but rather, in the way they built up the character?...

The story is fascinating and definitely above par. Much better written than your average summer blockbuster here lately. :wacko:

And I don't think they could've cast better than Robert Downey. He's the perfect mix of confidence and smugness for this role.

Edited by TimC

This is one of the few summer blockbusters that I actually want to see. Iron Man is probably one of the most interesting of all the comic characters, and Robert Downey Jr. usually plays a damn good character.

Would a 7 month pregnant woman like this movie an hour past her bedtime? That's the question.

Would a 7 month pregnant woman like this movie an hour past her bedtime? That's the question.

And the answer should be "she damn well better if she knows what's good for her."

A very very entertaining movie and probably one of the top 5 comic book movies ever. It left me wanting more and I had goose bumps the first time Tony Stark flies into Afganastan with the Iron Man suit. Faithful to the source material. Spot on acting by Downey. Tonally near-perfect directing.

is it in any way comparable to Batman Begins with the way they built the storyline?...

and of course the storyline wouldn't be similar...but rather, in the way they built up the character?...

I really enjoyed Batman Begins, but I felt that the pacing of this movie was actually better than Batman Begins. The tone is a bit lighter, but the movie as a whole isn't quite as realistic as Batman.

Seriously? My official review is Meh. :wacko: I didn't dislike it but I didn't get the neato factor. Maybe it's a guy thing.

poor czarina.. has to wait on "sex and the city movie" to get her wow factor. your day will come sweetie.

Well the line that Rhodes says sets up the sequel, the bonus scene at the end sets up different movie plots.

:wacko:

you say tomato, i say potato. sequel, future movie plot ... what's the diff?

an avengers flick would definitely be killer if they could get it right. and we definitely need another iron man to let us focus more on downey in the part.

apparently, many people shared in the fun this weekend as it cracked $100 million at the box office. not a bad opening ...

apparently, many people shared in the fun this weekend as it cracked $100 million at the box office. not a bad opening ...

You think that's good? Wait until the new Indiana Jones flick. :wacko:

:wacko:

you say tomato, i say potato. sequel, future movie plot ... what's the diff?

an avengers flick would definitely be killer if they could get it right. and we definitely need another iron man to let us focus more on downey in the part.

Sorry, I meant that Rhodes sets up Iron Man 2 while the bonus scene sets up an Avengers movie

let alone TDK after Ledgers death...

Non-holiday weekend for The Dark Knight. I'd be shocked if it topped what Indy does opening weekend (assuming the reviews comie in decent). It should be on par with Iron Man, but I suspect not too much better, deceased Ledger or not.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Non-holiday weekend for The Dark Knight. I'd be shocked if it topped what Indy does opening weekend (assuming the reviews comie in decent). It should be on par with Iron Man, but I suspect not too much better, deceased Ledger or not.

we'll see.....

I think TDK is the most anticipated movie this summer...