[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is what I'm worried about

westvirginia

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh... wat?. :wacko:

Obama has never played that race card. Ever. And your fears are unfounded and not based in reality. If you don't vote for Obama you're not a racist, and nobody ever said you were. If you want to criticize his policies, you're not a racist and nobody ever said you were.

This article is about people making derogatory remarks about blacks, or saying "I won't vote for him because he's black". That actually is the definition of racism, and is racist.

Can you see the difference? Between actual racism and "crying racism"? If you want, I can draw a picture.

Obama isn't, but people working for him, directly or indirectly, already have and will. Don't worry, I'm classless enough to say "I told ya so" when it happens". :D

Obama isn't, but people working for him, directly or indirectly, already have and will. Don't worry, I'm classless enough to say "I told ya so" when it happens". :wacko:

Soooo....we are supposed to be surprised when the smallest degree of racism, directly or indirectly, is reported when a presidential candidate of a major political party isn't white?

I'm not sure I get it. This seems to be as inconsequential as that monkey eating a banana T-shirt story.

Here's the thing. Our country is now at a crossroad which has never been visited before. For the first time ever, we have the choice of a female president or a black president. Of course using the adjectives "female" and "black" just brings home the fact that no matter what anyone does, we will always refer to minorities by their minority inherited social labels. If our next president is democratic, our country will enter a new phase in its development. With any drastic social change, there will always be conflict, without conflict no significant change can happen.

Our country is ready for any type of President. With the exception of President, we have had people of all races and genders in congress, as governors, and on the supreme court. In many cases both governors and supreme court justices are more powerful than our figurehead. People like to to give the President more power than he/she really has. Honestly if the republicans had a majority in the house and senate, I'd probably vote for Obama or Hillary just to spite my party for giving McCain the nomination.

We have two countries here in America - the white one and the black one - and this division between groups is what is holding our country back. I am d@mn curious to see how our country will move forward with a new perspective in the White House.

What a load of liberal crap! This is the sensationalist garbage that liberals are trying to make us believe so people will vote for one of their two candidates.. This nation isn't divided by race or gender. If it is divided at all it is by socioeconomics, which can be overcome by getting an education and working hard.

Soooo....we are supposed to be surprised when the smallest degree of racism, directly or indirectly, is reported when a presidential candidate of a major political party isn't white?

I'm not sure I get it. This seems to be as inconsequential as that monkey eating a banana T-shirt story.

Naw, I know there is still racism everywhere and it will still rear its ugly head here. What I'm waiting for is the people who will come out and say that having legitimate disagreement with Obama's policies is racist. Wasn't there something about a McCain speech made recently and it was decried as racist because of everything that went on in the 60's in Mississippi and that's where the speech was made?

While agreeing in principle that "racism" is grossly overused, in W Virginia Obama supporters were asked if they'd vote for Clinton if she was the nominee and over 50% said they would. Hillary supporters were asked if they'd vote for Obama if he was the nominee and about 30% said they would.

Subtext: We ain't goin' to vote for no damn negra, no sirree.

Got an alternative explanation?

That absolutely happened in West Virginia.

CNN Breaking News: Edwards to endorse Obama

Maybe he can help bring these white blue collars on board now.

I want Edwards as Attorney General. :wacko:

If Hillary is out Obama can appeal to lower income white workers too. He needs to get out and and talk about issues important to workers. West Virginia is not a key state.

To Hillary any state she wins is paramount to winning the general. Dems may lose the south, but the western states are more important this year.

What a load of liberal crap! This is the sensationalist garbage that liberals are trying to make us believe so people will vote for one of their two candidates.. This nation isn't divided by race or gender. If it is divided at all it is by socioeconomics, which can be overcome by getting an education and working hard.

Agreed about the white / black division. I'd say the biggest divide is between urban and rural / small town.

Our country is ready for any type of President. With the exception of President, we have had people of all races and genders in congress, as governors, and on the supreme court. In many cases both governors and supreme court justices are more powerful than our figurehead. People like to to give the President more power than he/she really has. Honestly if the republicans had a majority in the house and senate, I'd probably vote for Obama or Hillary just to spite my party for giving McCain the nomination.

I want to say, that before Obama started this primary process, that only 5 to 8 black people have won an election on a statewide basis. That is rather telling. And I want to say the number is closer to 5.

That is truly a scary thought. Just what this overly litigious country needs, and ambulance chasing AG. :wacko:

As long as he doesn't urinate on the Constitution he'd be a step above Gonzalez and Ashcroft.

But the AGs office doesn't really have much to do with augmenting private litigation; the US is the AG's client. If anything, we could use a good plaintiffs attorney in the AGs office. Its high time we sued Mexico to recoup the expenses our nation incurs in connection with providing health care, education, and other social services to their citizens who are here illegally.

Edited by yo mama