[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol Finale

i_am_the_swammi

I still don't get why everyone hates Archuletta so much. He has a remarkable voice for a 17 year old kid.

If David Cook wins, fine, he's a much better performer and is more marketable right now. But he got housed last night - it wasn't even close - so he shouldn't.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't get why everyone hates Archuletta so much. He has a remarkable voice for a 17 year old kid.

If David Cook wins, fine, he's a much better performer and is more marketable right now. But he got housed last night - it wasn't even close - so he shouldn't.

1) He looks like a muppet.

2) He acts like a ventriloquist dummy.

3) Soft rock.

Sometimes it doesnt necessarily come down to who has the better voice but the most distinct

I had heard that Archie's cover of Imagine was spectacular (I missed the first time he sang it). But after hearing it last night.... meh, I don't see what was soo great.

From last night I thought that They were just about dead even....

Archie's great...if you're into the Michael Bolton/John Tesh thing. Me, not so much.

Because if you've seen Archie sing once, you've seen him sing every week. He's the teflon Don of the show. Every time he attempted to step outside his box, he failed miserably. He tried dancing early on and looked retarded. He tried singing an up beat song and forgot the words. He forgot the words two other times as well.

DC has musical ability. He did other versions of songs almost every week. And I thought it was great last night when the judges asked him why he didn't do Billie Jean again and he said he'd allready done that, and wanted to do something new. Archie did Imagine again, and didn't change anything from the way he sang it earlier. Same arraingement (which was the same as the original anyway) and he even sang the same verse. I thought he was good the first two weeks or so. But I'm so bored with him at this point I actually stopped watching the show live for the past 5 weeks, I just couldn't stomach it anymore.

Whats funny is that DA acts the same way in person as he does on stage. Yep folks, the "Oh my gosh they really like me, they really really like me" routine is real.

America to DA:

"ENOUGH WITH THE HEAVY BREATHING INTO THE MIKE!! IT'S ANNOYING!!!"

I'm not saying I like David Archuletta. I'm not saying I'd buy one of his albumns or go to one of his concerts. I'm not saying he has the originality or upside that David Cook does (who I think will be very successful BTW). All I'm saying that is that I don't see how anyone can say that he wasn't far ahead of David Cook last night or that he doesn't deserve to win this competition.

All over you hear people speak negatively about Archuletta. Yeah, he's a stiff a lot of times up there. He's also a 17 year old kid with a great singing voice who could possibly grow into being a better performer. He will do very well selling records to teenage girls, which is his primary market at least for now. I'm pretty sure everyone knows this, which is why I just don't see where the non-stop criticism for him is coming from.

My sister was telling me about this woman she works with who has her husband and three kids (and her) all vote for David Archuleta repeatedly every week. They use their land-line and cell phones and hit redial to vote for him as many times as they possibly can. Doesn't it cost $$$ to vote? There are some sick, f'd up people out there.

All over you hear people speak negatively about Archuletta.

It's a fantasy football website, 90% of any topic is someone complaining about something.

Hardly any praise.

People really do not like to vote for a winner and Archie is one.

They want to root for the underdog (a bartender that failed in his original record deal).

People are also voting for their "kind of music" rather than talent.

Positives about Archie = he can sing, usually flawlessly from a technical standpoint. He's 17 and light years ahead of the competition at this point in his career. Has plenty of time to grow as a performer. He plays a piano, so he must be soft rock/elevator music.

Positives about Cook = he sings "now" music, which will be obsolete in 3 years, but sells records. He has excellent stage presence. He's the most mature and confident contestant on the show. He plays the guitar, so he must be a rock guy.

Negatives about Archie = he can't move and breathes heavy. Too young and needs to mature. Too good for his age. He sings slow ballads every week. His dad. He's sheltered and is too shy. He's geeky. Teenie boppers vote for him.

Negatives about Cook = he uses youtube versions of songs and people think he's original. He's got a big noggin. He sings slow to start, then a lull, then tries to belt out the ending every week. He's a theater geek. You'd be surprised how many teenie boppers vote for him too.

Cook may not be as into rock as people think. And Archie's way too young to pinhole him into one type of music. I can see both branching out from what we've seen on AI.

I think Archuletta is better, but will probably lose the AI title. I only watched this show the last 3 years and I thought Blake was better than Sparks and thought McPhee was better than Hicks. I was wrong on both of those accounts too.

I have watched 2 maybe 3 episodes of AI ever...... and caught one show this year

D Cook is light years more talented, marketable, and remotely watchable than that little kid. period. end of story. who fokking cares who wins- Cook will actually have a career in music - that little Archie will be on a VH1 special and TMZ, Perezhilton.com every week

my wife was cracking me up last night. she says, watch archuleta, he's got like five "moves" that he goes to over and over and over, basically in succession: the lean forward, the licking the lips, the nostril flare, the patting his stomach, and the closing his eyes with a slight head shake. every time he sang after she said that I was dying because he just kept doing them.

Edited by Azazello1313

Being that maybe only 4 of all the past contestants have had considerable success (3 if you're only counting the music industry), I doubt either of them will do much other than sing on American Idol in future seasons.

Edited by budlitebrad

Being that maybe only 4 of all the past contestants have had considerable success (3 if you're only counting the music industry), I doubt either of them will do much other than sing on American Idol in future seasons.

Depends what you consider success...... Carrie Underwood & Kelly Clarkson stand out as the most successful.

Also, the following have had solid success as well:

Daughtry

Clay Aiken :wacko:

Fantasia

Kellie Pickler (won a couple of CMA awards this year)

Jordin Sparks

Jennifer Hudson (won an oscar for a singing role in a movie)

A little less, but, have had some success:

Reuben Stoddard

Tamyra Gray - she was on a tv show for a while

Bucky Covington (Had a top 20 country song a few weeks ago)

Phil Stacy (Has a top 20 country song out)

Probably in the closet where you keep the other homos.

OK, this made me laugh out loud.

I don't understand watching this show past the first three weeks when all the bad singers are gone. :wacko:

Oh, and is Jordin Sparks legal yet? One thing slick willie and I agree on - I like em' built for comfort... :-)

Yeah but the bare foot thing was alittle odd to me.

I'm assuming that is you on the IMDB link. Very cool :wacko: Any future projects in the works ?

I don't understand watching this show past the first three weeks when all the bad singers are gone. :wacko:

I used to feel the same way. The first several seasons I would only watch the auditions. I think the year Daughtry was on was when I got in to it and watched it all the way through.

They gheyness is contagious. Stop watching now or prepare for the consequences.

Plain and simple- Archuleta is the best singer and Cook has the better stage presence with a very solid voice. I know that Archuleta has annoyed some with his act and annoying dad, however, he's the better singer and should be the Next American Idol.

Edited by irish