[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

CaptainHook

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah . . . um . . . went and saw the midnight showing last night . . . the only word to describe that movie is:

TERRIBLE.

Don't bother. Plot is terrible. Action scenes are ludicrous.

:wacko:

Bummer. I was hoping it was going to be a fun action flick.

Sadly I have to agree. It was classic Indiana Jones in that it had the cheesy dialogue and impossible-looking action, but it falls short and the ending is a bit out of the ordinary. I think they would have been better off just leaving it at 3, but of course they all wanted to get their pay day.

I would not be so hard on the movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was true to the original movies which makes it "suffer" a bit in the evolution of film and audiences over the last 25 years but it was very much in the same vein of the first ones. Sure it had the standard unbelieveable coincidences and such and did somewhat follow the formula that the older ones actually established. I thought it was just a fun adventure movie that you could bring the entire family to see.

Then again, any movie about treasure or archaeology is pretty much always enjoyable to me.

I would not be so hard on the movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was true to the original movies which makes it "suffer" a bit in the evolution of film and audiences over the last 25 years but it was very much in the same vein of the first ones. Sure it had the standard unbelieveable coincidences and such and did somewhat follow the formula that the older ones actually established. I thought it was just a fun adventure movie that you could bring the entire family to see.

Then again, any movie about treasure or archaeology is pretty much always enjoyable to me.

Does that mean you like movies about butt pirates that find "treasure" too? :wacko:

:D

Then again, any movie about treasure or looting is pretty much always enjoyable to me.

fixed

:wacko: all archaeology is looting?

Does that mean you like movies about butt pirates that find "treasure" too? :wacko:

:D

So where you going on your vacation away from The Huddle?

Edited by jaxfactor

Meh. Not the absolute worst movie I've ever seen, but a major disappointment by Speilberg and company. I went in ready to judge on a level with Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade, knowing that it wouldn't hold a candle to Raiders. I have to say it was a very weak installment.

Karen Allen was awful and there were such major plot holes that I couldn't ignore even for a popcorn flick such as this. The ending was exactly what you'd expect, and I mean that in a bad way. The "mythology" that they were chasing in this movie (I won't spoil it for those that don't know) was weak and made little sense to me. I always thought of Indy as a globe trotting character (as in multiple locations per film), Temple of Doom being the slight exception, but in this one he's pretty much in the jungles of the Amazon the whole time. The action was baflingly bad at times (truck chase through the Amazon) and certain things looked too CGI'ed (ants).

I could go on and on, but needless to say I cannot recommend this film to most people. I wasn't bored, but it just didn't have the fun that I've come to expect from Indy movies. I give it a C- and I'm tempted to give it worse.

Edited by TDFFFreak

have not seen it and not sure I will..............

the CGI in the commercials is laughable- I mean it looks like they are using the same technology as 20 years ago......

u just cannot get away from something like that - uh a big no thanks- and Raiders was a groundbreaking flick IMO