[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does DMD have no opinion on Obama?

untateve

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I merely locked political threads. I have no political opinion to express and would prefer they do not exist for the reasons I have already covered. I am definitely an equal opportunity thread killer but only deal with whatever is there. Over the years I have been considered to be riding some agenda to support both political extremes and everything in between but I have no political opinion and do not care to discuss it beyond the occasional interesting thing in the news.

In terms of the tailgate, I am rather concerned what this forum could degenerate into given the potential for a perfect storm of politics this fall. To be honest, about all I do or know about is football. Anything else is out of my league. Hopefully we can have the occasional thread that can be treated the correct way because of the importance of a national election but I have extremely small hopes it can happen.

As a poster.... I have and will continue to ignore the pol threads.... as they generally deteriorate into less than civil conversational exchanges of ideas. As the MAN at the Huddle, DMD has no such luxury. I do not envy this part of his business, while I do envy the rest of it, by and large.

The guy is in a tough spot. It's a FF forum, first and foremost. There are many other places to discuss, vent, and even rant and rage over politics, what with a war, the economy and the energy situation. I just think DMD would rather folks stick to less controversial subjects, and I can't blame him. Shut down one thread that gets out of hand, he looks to have an agenda. Shut them all down, and he's just the FCC. I think he went for the general FCC approach. Probably what I would do in his shoes..... but in part, this is conjecture, but me thinks, a reasonable guess.

I think the idea is "let's stick to the FF and lighthearted side of life" like Cheetos. In Hambugers. In soup. In beer. In tequila. In ammo..... wherever a possible use for Cheetos may be found. Few know this, but Dorey's entire finacial future is tied up in Cheetos stock. Don't tell him I was the one who spilled the beans.

As a poster.... I have and will continue to ignore the pol threads.... as they generally deteriorate into less than civil conversational exchanges of ideas. As the MAN at the Huddle, DMD has no such luxury. I do not envy this part of his business, while I do envy the rest of it, by and large.

The guy is in a tough spot. It's a FF forum, first and foremost. There are many other places to discuss, vent, and even rant and rage over politics, what with a war, the economy and the energy situation. I just think DMD would rather folks stick to less controversial subjects, and I can't blame him. Shut down one thread that gets out of hand, he looks to have an agenda. Shut them all down, and he's just the FCC. I think he went for the general FCC approach. Probably what I would do in his shoes..... but in part, this is conjecture, but me thinks, a reasonable guess.

I think the idea is "let's stick to the FF and lighthearted side of life" like Cheetos. In Hambugers. In soup. In beer. In tequila. In ammo..... wherever a possible use for Cheetos may be found. Few know this, but Dorey's entire finacial future is tied up in Cheetos stock. Don't tell him I was the one who spilled the beans.

Close. It's Cheezits.

With all due respect, I don't believe DMD should be locking any political threads in the Tailgate. It IS a matter of a great interest to a number of us and we don't have the opportunity to have the discussions we'd like to every day on the street, but we do here 'cause there's people willing to have those exchanges. The Tailgate is the NON-SPORTS forum after all.

Sorry DMD, but I gotta give you a :wacko: for locking down the political threads. It's what's on people's minds. whether you like it or not- it just is.

You know, I don't really think that DMD hates obama. I was attempting to bring a little levity.

I also have a very simple solution that would allow the Tailgate to hold civil political debates.

The moment someone attacks another for simply disagreeing or having a different opinion, ban that person. After a few individuals get banned for this type of behavior, everyone else will take notice and keep the thread focused and civil.

It is clear that simply locking the threads is not effective in changing behavior. Neither has been requesting that individuals conduct themselves appropriately. I imagine policing the boards is tiresome as is fielding complaints from more sensitive huddlers. I assert that it's time to try something different that will improve the quality of discourse in the Tailgate while at the same time improve DMD's life.

(and some of you wonder why I'm DMD's favorite.)

I also have a very simple solution that would allow the Tailgate to hold civil political debates.

The moment someone attacks another for simply disagreeing or having a different opinion, ban that person. After a few individuals get banned for this type of behavior, everyone else will take notice and keep the thread focused and civil.

You are stooooopid and so is the green egg. You are clearly so far left and right that you no longer see the well balanced middle. It is people like you that are destroying this great country. Why do you hate all that is America the beautiful?

I have said it before and I will say it again. Politics forum. You guys can go in there and go nuts.

I agree with Whomp.. All the mud slinging politics threads deter me from The Tailgate... That said, if there was another forum dedicated to these discussions.... :wacko:

You are stooooopid and so is the green egg. You are clearly so far left and right that you no longer see the well balanced middle. It is people like you that are destroying this great country. Why do you hate all that is America the beautiful?

:wacko:

I could respond in an angry fashion, but I see your many flaws and insecurities. As such, I cannot respond with venom to someone who is clearly such a depressing individual. You have my deepest sympathy for all you are and all you will become.

(If I may now condescend to others, do you see how easy it is to be nice to someone who attacks you?)