[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie Running Backs

DMD

Rookie RBs  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you most want for this year?

• CAR Jonathan Stewart
    • OAK Darren McFadden
    • PIT Rashard Mendenhall
    • DAL Felix Jones
    • TEN Chris Johnson
    • CHI Matt Forte
    • DET Kevin Smith
  2. 2. Which one would you most want in a dynasty league?

• CAR Jonathan Stewart
    • OAK Darren McFadden
    • PIT Rashard Mendenhall
    • DAL Felix Jones
    • TEN Chris Johnson
    • CHI Matt Forte
    • DET Kevin Smith

Again, and we've been through this before as I now recall, it seems my personality doesn't come over quite so well on these boards to you in particular. Whatever...and the injury? The boot he was talking about? He's been out of the boot for a week now. And he is fully expected to shoulder the load this season. Hey man...grab Forte before Stewart all you want...more power to ya bro. Just make sure you grab AP when you do. Oh wait......

I'll continue to tout Stewart over Forte in every format. You may disagree, so be it. Seems your more interested in being the Huddle Body Guard than laying down any thoughtful debate. But I guess that's just me.

Woe is me? LMAO...you OBVIOUSLY do not know me and probably don't care to by your extremely negative welcome the first time we bumped heads.

:D

Who said I would take Forte over Stewart? Talk about comical. :wacko:

Negative? I simply didn't think it was smart to reply to what is FACT (that he's just out of the boot and hasn't hit the field) as if it were OPINION. For the last time: have an opinion all you want. But when you try to pass off facts as opinions, it just looks silly. Just some advice.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewart is the next in line of Over Hyped Pac10 backs who never played against a real D in college. Jon Stewart, Charles Grant, Charles Grant, meet Jon Stewart. It won' be pretty.

Care to wager on that? I'm not shy to put my opinion where my mouth is.

OROY -- Jonathon Stewart

btw: seriously with the Pac-10 argument?

Who said I would take Forte over Stewart? Talk about comical. :wacko:

Negative? I simply didn't think it was smart to reply to what is FACT (that he's just out of the boot and hasn't hit the field) as if it were OPINION. For the last time: have an opinion all you want. But when you try to pass off facts as opinions, it just looks silly. Just some advice.

Dude...you're looking silly jumping into a potential friendly debate between 2 other posters...just so you know. Just some advice.

Care to wager on that? I'm not shy to put my opinion where my mouth is.

OROY -- Jonathon Stewart

btw: seriously with the Pac-10 argument?

I will easily bet $100.00 Jonathan Stewart, rookie RB from Oregon, drafted by the Carolina Panthers is NOT going to be OROY for the NFL in 2008.

Do we have a deal mouthpiece?

ETA year.

Edited by Pope Flick

Dude...you're looking silly jumping into a potential friendly debate between 2 other posters...just so you know. Just some advice.

:wacko: But you replied to MY post, dude. Good grief.

FWIW, I'm a hugh Stewart fan. He's going to be a pretty darn good NFL RB. I think he has the perfect blend of size and speed, and in this day and age where PPR leagues are more and more popular, you want a guy with great hands. Stewart has terrific hands.

What concerns me is the minor dings he's had; history of ankle issues, mainly. That's not what you want to hear when discussing an NFL RB.

Do I take him as the first rookie RB this year? I'm not sure. I'd prefer to wait until camp starts to see how he's looking. Carolina drafted him and dumped Foster for a reason, and I suspect it's not so they could give DeAngelo Williams a shot at starting. But the presence of Williams has to be of at least a little concern. That said, I might prefer a guy like Kevin Smith in redrafts. Or Forte, maybe. Will I draft Stewart in redrafts this season? Absolutely, if I'm in the right spot to do so. Dynasty-wise, I'd love to have Stewart. In three dynasty drafts, I unfortunately missed out on grabbing him. I got him in one league, but got a real enticing offer to ship him off. It pained me.

I will easily bet $100.00 Jonathan Stewart, rookie RB from Oregon, drafted by the Carolina Panthers is NOT going to be OROY for the NFL in 2008.

ETA year.

Mouthpiece? lol...now were talking. I'm not know as the TazMan for nothing.

We have a bet. $100.00

ETA year.

When you win, will you put a link to this thread on your IMDB page? :wacko:

:wacko: But you replied to MY post, dude. Good grief.

FWIW, I'm a hugh Stewart fan. He's going to be a pretty darn good NFL RB. I think he has the perfect blend of size and speed, and in this day and age where PPR leagues are more and more popular, you want a guy with great hands. Stewart has terrific hands.

What concerns me is the minor dings he's had; history of ankle issues, mainly. That's not what you want to hear when discussing an NFL RB.

Do I take him as the first rookie RB this year? I'm not sure. I'd prefer to wait until camp starts to see how he's looking. Carolina drafted him and dumped Foster for a reason, and I suspect it's not so they could give DeAngelo Williams a shot at starting. But the presence of Williams has to be of at least a little concern. That said, I might prefer a guy like Kevin Smith in redrafts. Or Forte, maybe. Will I draft Stewart in redrafts this season? Absolutely, if I'm in the right spot to do so. Dynasty-wise, I'd love to have Stewart. In three dynasty drafts, I unfortunately missed out on grabbing him. I got him in one league, but got a real enticing offer to ship him off. It pained me.

Now THAT is a great post.

Goodbye Irish/Chappy hello Taz :wacko:

Seriously on Stewart, I drafted him #1 overall in a dynasty ahead of McHype but any production I get out of him this year is a bonus.

Since you seem so sure that he is healthy and the #1 back in CAR already would you have any info to back that up or just your opinion?

Or is this another blow-hard comment from you like the one about the excellence of the SF 49ers offensive line?

Sorry guys. Just got a call from my daughter, who I havn't talked to in almost 2 years. I'm so freaken excited she called that I was almost in tears on the phone. Bad divorce just so you know. Anyway....this Stewart talk is almost as important as what kind of toilet paper I''m gonna choose next time I visit the local grocery.

But here is the latest on Stew....

Jonathan Stewart-RB- Panthers Jun. 14 - 10:34 am et

Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart is out of his walking boot and remains on schedule to be ready for late July training camp.

Coach John Fox is anxious to get Stewart on the practice field, as he's expected to shoulder the bulk of the rushing load this season.

Source: Gaston Gazette

Yeah yeah its copied and pasted but I'm celebrating much more important things at the moment.

I can't remember who I actually voted for, but I think I went with Forte in redrafts. I know we all fancy ourselves as "real" NFL scouts, evaluating real talent versus hype and whatnot, but the truth of the matter is that OPPORTUNITY absolutely outweighs talent in redraft leagues.

Even on a bad Bears team with questionable run-blocking, Forte can still grind out 1300 total yards and 8 TDs (200 rec yards, 1100 rush yards @ 3.6 YPC). In fact, he won't have much of a choice. :wacko:

The other rookie RBs (with the possible exception of K. Smith) all will share the ball enough to make it very difficult to reach 1300/8. Therefore, Forte is the smart choice in redrafts.

I can't remember who I actually voted for, but I think I went with Forte in redrafts. I know we all fancy ourselves as "real" NFL scouts, evaluating real talent versus hype and whatnot, but the truth of the matter is that OPPORTUNITY absolutely outweighs talent in redraft leagues.

Even on a bad Bears team with questionable run-blocking, Forte can still grind out 1300 total yards and 8 TDs (200 rec yards, 1100 rush yards @ 3.6 YPC). In fact, he won't have much of a choice. :D

The other rookie RBs (with the possible exception of K. Smith) all will share the ball enough to make it very difficult to reach 1300/8. Therefore, Forte is the smart choice in redrafts.

:wacko: I still hold firm that Stew is gonna take the rock and run with it. All the way to OROY.

Good assessment though Swiss. It will be interesting to see who you take in the rookie draft :D

:wacko: I still hold firm that Stew is gonna take the rock and run with it. All the way to OROY.

Good assessment though Swiss. It will be interesting to see who you take in the rookie draft :D

He may but DeAngelo Williams has waited years for his opportunity. Forte doesn't have such competition unless they sign KJ.

Swiss did say in redrafts. AOTAOP is a dynasty so he probably thinks differently there.

He may but DeAngelo Williams has waited years for his opportunity. Forte doesn't have such competition unless they sign KJ.

Swiss did say in redrafts. AOTAOP is a dynasty so he probably thinks differently there.

He had every opportunity last year but couldn't beat out Foster. His opportunity has past.

And I think Swiss has the 1.3 rookie? Unless he takes on Mendenhall, I'd assume he would target Forte. No?

Edited by tazinib1

He had every opportunity last year but couldn't beat out Foster. His opportunity has past.

And I think Swiss has the 1.3 rookie? Unless he gambles on Mendenhall, I'd assume he would target Forte. No?

Why would Mendenhall be a gamble?

Fixed. Not trying to start another war here but Mendenhall is over-rated IMO. I'd take Stew,McFadden,Forte and K.Smith over him....but thats just my opinion of course.

That's funny, 'cuz the majority of the "experts" feel that Stewart and Mendenhall have a similar skill set. The confusion continues to mount. :wacko:

What??? I have NEVER heard that. I guess I have to make myself PERFECTLY clear from here on out for ya bud. Would I take Mendenhall in a re-draft? No...would I take him in a dynasty? Certainly but not at the ADP he is currently being taken, which is 1.3-1.4. I have him at 1.5 in dynasty drafts. Better?

And just so you know, in expert leagues, Stewart is being taken in the 5th round, compared to Forte who is going 1-2 rounds later.

Edited by tazinib1

What??? I have NEVER heard that. I guess I have to make myself PERFECTLY clear from here on out for ya bud. Would I take Mendenhall in a re-draft? No...would I take him in a dynasty? Certainly but not at the ADP he is currently being taken, which is 1.3-1.4. I have him at 1.5 in dynasty drafts. Better?

And just so you know, in expert leagues, Stewart is being taken in the 5th round, compared to Forte who is going 1-2 rounds later.

:wacko: I'm starting to doubt just how much "homework" you've really done, then... because it's pretty much common knowledge that both Stewart and Mendenhall feature a terrific size/speed combo: Stewart at about 5'10", 235 lbs. with a 4.48 40; Mendenhall at about 5'11", 225 lbs. with a 4.45 40. Both exhibited solid pass-catching skills in both college and in workouts.

Only real differences: Mendenhall shouldered the load for one season in college whereas Stewart had (more or less) two. And of course the injury concern(s) with Stewart. So I would say both have their share of question marks, but are excellent prospects that will make solid pros.

Well without going to the jabs you apparently feel so inclined to do with me, I'll have to say that we pretty much disagree on almost everything concerning this crop of RB's lol. Anything else about me you wish to publicly point out?

Well without going to the jabs you apparently feel so inclined to do with me, I'll have to say that we pretty much disagree on almost everything concerning this crop of RB's lol. Anything else about me you wish to publicly point out?

Jabs? Dude, you keep blabbering on about how much "homework" you've done about the rookie running backs, and then backtrack and say you had no idea Mendenhall and Stewart had obvious similarities? I'm not the only one that sees some major holes in your arguments here, obviously.

I'm not disagreeing that Stewart is a hell of a running back, nor am I disagreeing that he has a terrific chance to be the best rookie runner this year. But if you make some big-azz claims, you best be able to back them up with warranted information on not only HIM, but his "competition", too. :wacko:

And I think Swiss has the 1.3 rookie? Unless he takes on Mendenhall, I'd assume he would target Forte. No?

Really? For some reason even when he did well Fox stuck with Foster. He showed a strange amount of loyalty to Foster for whatever reason.

If you think Stweart has no competition because of what happened last year don't be surprised if things don't shake out how you expect. Fox likes veterans more than rookies and he may show a similar strange loyalty to DeAngelo.

Just because you think Stewart has the talent to take the job and run with doesn't mean it will happen. Football is a team sport. The most talented players don't always do well.

I have no opinion on who the ROY will be. TC hasn't even opened yet and we haven't seen what teams plans are. When real practices start we may get an idea.

I like Stewart but have been surprised often at what Fox does.