[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie Running Backs

DMD

Rookie RBs  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you most want for this year?

• CAR Jonathan Stewart
    • OAK Darren McFadden
    • PIT Rashard Mendenhall
    • DAL Felix Jones
    • TEN Chris Johnson
    • CHI Matt Forte
    • DET Kevin Smith
  2. 2. Which one would you most want in a dynasty league?

• CAR Jonathan Stewart
    • OAK Darren McFadden
    • PIT Rashard Mendenhall
    • DAL Felix Jones
    • TEN Chris Johnson
    • CHI Matt Forte
    • DET Kevin Smith

LT went to TCU, Smith to Central Fla. Is that supposed to be a valid comparison?

Thanks for reminding us that one whole example means it's true across the board. Apparently every RB who did well at a smaller school excelled in the NFL. You should become a lawyer.

PS if you were paying attention you might note I am pretty high on Smith. Just saying it's a consideration to some degree.

It's possible but I don't see DET as RBBC either. And I am not dimmissing the possibilities w/Forte, btw (assuming they don't bring in someone eg K Jones).

:wacko:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Forte...30 votes to leads the "RB you would want this year" voting but only 3 in the "RB you would want in a dynasty?"

That's shocking...only 3 votes for a guy who is the starter on a team that has a very long tradition of successfully running the football (of course, sans the Rashaan Salaam, Curtis Enis and Cedric Benson experiments).

Matt Forte...30 votes to leads the "RB you would want this year" voting but only 3 in the "RB you would want in a dynasty?"

That's shocking...only 3 votes for a guy who is the starter on a team that has a very long tradition of successfully running the football (of course, sans the Rashaan Salaam, Curtis Enis and Cedric Benson experiments).

That long tradition ended 20 years ago or am I forgetting someone?

That long tradition ended 20 years ago or am I forgetting someone?

Neal Anderson. That one kid from Ohio State who was originally a fullback turned tailback. I am not sure Merrill Hodge counts...but he played well when he was here. Just a few.

Neal Anderson. That one kid from Ohio State who was originally a fullback turned tailback. I am not sure Merrill Hodge counts...but he played well when he was here. Just a few.

They were all kind of 1 year here and there.

Raymont Harris was the OSU guy.

They were all kind of 1 year here and there.

Raymont Harris was the OSU guy.

I think Neal Anderson had like a 7 year career.....I could be wrong. Raymont(thanks for reminding) came right after Neal I thought.....under Wanstedt....first year maybe of his coaching stint. I think Raymont lasted four years before injury took him out....then started the Salaam, Enis, Benson debacle. A-train was a decent back early in his career....serviceable anyway.

Didn't Meril Hoge play for the Steelers? Just looked it up. One year with the Bears. 6 carries for 24 yards. I guess in Chicago that counts for being productive?

And Raymont "Ultra-Back" Harris was definately a one year wonder.

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

It's painfully obvious they havn't done any homework on Stewart.

All indications so far are that CAR will be RBBC and Stewart is still recovering from his toe injury and there is no indication as to when and how much he will play. Forte right-now looks like the only clear-cut all the time starter. If this is redone in late August things could be different but right-now its Forte.

Is this the homework you we're referring to because if it was you should brush up a bit.

Edited by Zooty

I think Neal Anderson had like a 7 year career.....I could be wrong. Raymont(thanks for reminding) came right after Neal I thought.....under Wanstedt....first year maybe of his coaching stint. I think Raymont lasted four years before injury took him out....then started the Salaam, Enis, Benson debacle. A-train was a decent back early in his career....serviceable anyway.

I don't remember Anderson being remarkable as a RB. That's why I always assumed it was over with Payton and they have always been trying to replace him.

ETA- Anderson, 4 Pro-Bowls, 3 seasons over 1000 yards (last one in 1990). Not terrible

Edited by Zooty

I don't remember Anderson being remarkable as a RB. That's why I always assumed it was over with Payton and they have always been trying to replace him.

ETA- Anderson, 4 Pro-Bowls, 3 seasons over 1000 yards (last one in 1990). Not terrible

He was one of the pioneers of the versatile running back....running and receiving. I still remember his catch against the Packers.....it was a fly pattern down the sideline...motion out of the backfield to the quarterbacks right....then boom down the sideline....cooked the safety...TD. He was a talented guy...hamstring problems got him.

Didn't Meril Hoge play for the Steelers? Just looked it up. One year with the Bears. 6 carries for 24 yards. I guess in Chicago that counts for being productive?

And Raymont "Ultra-Back" Harris was definately a one year wonder.

LOL...if not Meril, we brought in Worley maybe....who knows....but they did decent...nothing special...but got serviceable yardage.

I think Raymont had at least 2 productive years and one with injury....not to mention he split time in the backfield....and the Bears sucked those years....they were lucky to win that game in Minnesota.

LOL...if not Meril, we brought in Worley maybe....who knows....but they did decent...nothing special...but got serviceable yardage.

I think Raymont had at least 2 productive years and one with injury....not to mention he split time in the backfield....and the Bears sucked those years....they were lucky to win that game in Minnesota.

I'll stand by my one year wonder :wacko:

Raymont's career

All indications so far are that CAR will be RBBC and Stewart is still recovering from his toe injury and there is no indication as to when and how much he will play. Forte right-now looks like the only clear-cut all the time starter. If this is redone in late August things could be different but right-now its Forte.

Is this the homework you we're referring to because if it was you should brush up a bit.

Classic.

:wacko:

Gotta disagree with ya Zooty..........Forte might be the next coming of Sweetness, time will tell. But I'd rather put stock into a RB that has a complete team around him, especially his rookie season. Where are these "indications" you speak of coming from? This RBBC you speak of doesn't mention how in favor of Stew the committee could be. Stew could get 70% of the carries or he could get 50%.

IF, IF, IF Forte wins the starting gig (which will still command RBBC), his QB is garbage........the OLine is still in shambles.......and who is their best WR? Greg Olsen the TE? I can see Forte getting killed behind this line in 2008. I know in my case, I'd take Stewart over Forte in a heartbeat due to his team surrounding him. Better QB, better WRs, revamped OLine. Now do I think Stewart will be the best RB this year? I think so. Do I think he's the better long term prospect? NOPE........I'd take Mendenhall long term over McFadden & Stewart.

Wow where did that come from? Personal attacks because I don't particularly agree with somebody? Its a shame too cause I thought of you to be one of the better posters on the site.

Well, the way you responded you pretty much said the guy was providing false information. Look at what you bolded. Stating something in disagreement in terms of an opinion is one thing, but disagreeing with fact is simply dumb.

Fair enough. Like I have been saying for the past few weeks, still getting a feel for some of the posters here and some of the personalities.

Just to let you know, I'm probably one of the least aggressive, non flaming posters you'll come across. Nimrod? I've been called worse as my 2 ex wives can attest to.

The bold I highlighted? A very old, recycled argument against Stewart that is becoming more and more baseless as we inch closer to mini-camps. Hence the CLASSIC statement.

I respect the fact you are backing up an apparent long time Huddler, but please respect the fact I do know alittle something about FF. Or not...

Fair enough. Like I have been saying for the past few weeks, still getting a feel for some of the posters here and some of the personalities.

Just to let you know, I'm probably one of the least aggressive, non flaming posters you'll come across. Nimrod? I've been called worse as my 2 ex wives can attest to.

The bold I highlighted? A very old, recycled argument against Stewart that is becoming more and more baseless as we inch closer to mini-camps. Hence the CLASSIC statement.

I respect the fact you are backing up an apparent long time Huddler, but please respect the fact I do know alittle something about FF. Or not...

You bolded a statement about the guy's injury, and basically said it was hogwash. What were supposed to think? Again, having your own opinion is fine; in fact it's totally encouraged! But dude, you must admit that it seemed like you were calling the guy's report BS... which it wasn't. So before you play the "woe is me" card, perhaps you should doublecheck your work.... seeing that you've done so much "homework". :wacko:

I haven't read all the banter, but the results of this poll are absolutely comical. It is glaring how many people have not watched McFadden and Stewart play football. For the first time, I am a bit embarrassed to be a part of this message board community. I think people are looking at Stewart's size and speed, and forgetting that he is soft. McFadden should be getting at least 3/4 of the vote, especially in the dynasty drafts. He is the better football player, period, and it isn't even close.

You bolded a statement about the guy's injury, and basically said it was hogwash. What were supposed to think? Again, having your own opinion is fine; in fact it's totally encouraged! But dude, you must admit that it seemed like you were calling the guy's report BS... which it wasn't. So before you play the "woe is me" card, perhaps you should doublecheck your work.... seeing that you've done so much "homework". :wacko:

Again, and we've been through this before as I now recall, it seems my personality doesn't come over quite so well on these boards to you in particular. Whatever...and the injury? The boot he was talking about? He's been out of the boot for a week now. And he is fully expected to shoulder the load this season. Hey man...grab Forte before Stewart all you want...more power to ya bro. Just make sure you grab AP when you do. Oh wait......

I'll continue to tout Stewart over Forte in every format. You may disagree, so be it. Seems your more interested in being the Huddle Body Guard than laying down any thoughtful debate. But I guess that's just me.

Woe is me? LMAO...you OBVIOUSLY do not know me and probably don't care to by your extremely negative welcome the first time we bumped heads.

:D