[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie Running Backs

DMD

Rookie RBs  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you most want for this year?

• CAR Jonathan Stewart
    • OAK Darren McFadden
    • PIT Rashard Mendenhall
    • DAL Felix Jones
    • TEN Chris Johnson
    • CHI Matt Forte
    • DET Kevin Smith
  2. 2. Which one would you most want in a dynasty league?

• CAR Jonathan Stewart
    • OAK Darren McFadden
    • PIT Rashard Mendenhall
    • DAL Felix Jones
    • TEN Chris Johnson
    • CHI Matt Forte
    • DET Kevin Smith

And if I provide my personal pro's and con's for said players, are you going to rip those and me apart as well? Or do I need to be an established HUDDLER for you to take my thoughts and opinions seriously?

Personally, I have no problems with you as I can see by a majority of your posts that you are insightful and knowledgeable when it comes to FF. I'll be a HUDDLER for the long haul as Fanball has collapsed IMO. The friends I have made there over 10+ years are slowly leaving as well and hopefully they bring there personalities to this forum in the future. Perhaps one day, we can also form a friendship. But unike some figure heads, it takes me alittle time to put my thoughts on paper which has obviously caused a rift between us. Hmmmm...let me be honest with ya here ok? I KNOW why I have thoughts on players, its getting them on paper that proves troublesome for me. I'll be more than happy to post my thoughts on the RB's listed in the poll....but right now, I'm going to the local sports bar to knock down a few cocktails. :wacko:

Until then, props for pinch drafting for rsx in the AOTOAP league on his wedding day.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? For some reason even when he did well Fox stuck with Foster. He showed a strange amount of loyalty to Foster for whatever reason.

If you think Stweart has no competition because of what happened last year don't be surprised if things don't shake out how you expect. Fox likes veterans more than rookies and he may show a similar strange loyalty to DeAngelo.

Just because you think Stewart has the talent to take the job and run with doesn't mean it will happen. Football is a team sport. The most talented players don't always do well.

I have no opinion on who the ROY will be. TC hasn't even opened yet and we haven't seen what teams plans are. When real practices start we may get an idea.

I like Stewart but have been surprised often at what Fox does.

Good point Randall. I know Fox has a bad reputation for not going with rookies. However, Stewart was drafted for a reason and I'm confident that reason was to start. If, however, this does not bare fruit, I will be wearing the :wacko: for awhile. I have no problems with that lol.

He had every opportunity last year but couldn't beat out Foster. His opportunity has past.

And I think Swiss has the 1.3 rookie? Unless he takes on Mendenhall, I'd assume he would target Forte. No?

How do you know Mendenhall will be available at the 1.03? :wacko:

Good point Randall. I know Fox has a bad reputation for not going with rookies. However, Stewart was drafted for a reason and I'm confident that reason was to start. If, however, this does not bare fruit, I will be wearing the :wacko: for awhile. I have no problems with that lol.

That's true and this could be his last year if they don't improve.

Cowher is waiting in the wings according to reporters.

That's true and this could be his last year if they don't improve.

Cowher is waiting in the wings according to reporters.

Well thats very intriguing. Carolina under the Cowher regime would catapult Stewart IMO. Of course this is all contingent on Fox retaining his job, which by all accounts, he should. A revamped OL (Jeff Otah a MAJOR addition) and a OC in Jeff Davidson (he being the former Cleveland,Patriot OC), a healthy Delhomme and a WR core mirroring the glory days of there SB run, this team is primed to contend. Which is why I am so high on Stewart. (ok I drafted him in a league in which we hold our draft during the Pro Bowl. I'm a Stewart NutHugger what can I say) He is a OROY gift wrapped in black/teel (color check).

And if I provide my personal pro's and con's for said players, are you going to rip those and me apart as well? Or do I need to be an established HUDDLER for you to take my thoughts and opinions seriously?

Pretty much unless you bring something to the table to back up your opinion. Links for one would help, not just claims that so and so is gonna be the best ever. It doesn't help when you make posts like this one either (the awesome SF O-Line), it kind of devalues your opinions.

And anyone who shows up here acting like an expert is going to get abused every chance they get. Relax, you seem to know what your talking and managed to get invited to a BoTH league so you must know something (or someone).

One final point- I don't trust many PAC 10 backs (thinking JJ Arrington) some do pan out out (SJax) but I for one am wary. And the whole argument has become stupid at this point anyway. If I was drafting today, I'd go Forte by August maybe Stewart but until I see considerable proof that his foot is OK, I'm not blowing an early pick in a redraft. Dynasty I have him #1

If I was drafting today, I'd go Forte by August maybe Stewart but until I see considerable proof that his foot is OK, I'm not blowing an early pick in a redraft. Dynasty I have him #1

Now thats what I'm talking about. As for providing links to my info, I'm assuming here that we all have the same internet resources so I tend to NOT do that as some may consider it COPY AND PASTE instead of my personal assessment. I like to read as much as I can on a person or situation and come to my own conclusion..in my own words. If that is taboo here, I'd like to know and I can always adjust the way I post.

BTW: nice to know ya Zooty. Great name btw. And as far as the revamped SF OL? Ummmm what have I read that you may have not to make me believe there OL is better than it was last year? I can always give you an assessment of there current OL, but to ask me for links when I follow the NFL year round is alittle hard pressed....do-able, but hard pressed.

Now thats what I'm talking about. As for providing links to my info, I'm assuming here that we all have the same internet resources so I tend to NOT do that as some may consider it COPY AND PASTE instead of my personal assessment. I like to read as much as I can on a person or situation and come to my own conclusion..in my own words. If that is taboo here, I'd like to know and I can always adjust the way I post.

BTW: nice to know ya Zooty. Great name btw. And as far as the revamped SF OL? Ummmm what have I read that you may have not to make me believe there OL is better than it was last year? I can always give you an assessment of there current OL, but to ask me for links when I follow the NFL year round is alittle hard pressed....do-able, but hard pressed.

That's what I said in my original post that started this whole business :wacko:

Copy Paste is fine- just credit the source (you might have missed that drama)

SF O-line sucks, my source Randy Cross NFL on Sirius. Plus their desperate attempts to sign anyone who can play. I have probably read as much if not more than you have :D

That's what I said in my original post that started this whole business :D

Copy Paste is fine- just credit the source (you might have missed that drama)

SF O-line sucks, my source Randy Cross NFL on Sirius. Plus their desperate attempts to sign anyone who can play. I have probably read as much if not more than you have :D

lmao...I remember now. I agree the SF O-Line sucks. I never said they were good. All I said is that they were REVAMPED and better than last year. I just can't imagine Martz coming into a situation where his OL cannot, at a minimum, protect the QB and make holes for Gore. Barry Simms is certainly not the answer but I'm confident (I can't believe I"m making a case for the 49'rs here btw: Die Hard Rams Fan) it will be better than last year. It can't get any worse.

Hold the phone...re-reading everything it sounds like I am flip-flopping. Ok to make myself clear here...I tend to do this every now and then..not flip flopping but getting drunk and now wording my posts correctly...its just something you all are gonna have to get used to damnit. :wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

SF O-line sucks. My source: their 55 sacks allowed in 2007, good for worst in the league (tied with KC). And 27th out of 32 in terms of rushing ypg. So I guess their revamped line can't do much worse this year, eh? Plus, they have that Mike Martz guy there now. And his QBs never get mashed like potatoes. No, no, no... never, never. :wacko:

lmao...I remember now. I agree the SF O-Line sucks. I never said they were good. All I said is that they were REVAMPED and better than last year. I just can't imagine Martz coming into a situation where his OL cannot, at a minimum, protect the QB and make holes for Gore.

Did you see any Detroit games last year? :wacko:

SF O-line sucks. My source: their 55 sacks allowed in 2007, good for worst in the league (tied with KC). And 27th out of 32 in terms of rushing ypg. So I guess their revamped line can't do much worse this year, eh? Plus, they have that Mike Martz guy there now. And his QBs never get mashed like potatoes. No, no, no... never, never. :D

:wacko: Well actually...

The O-Line is an absolute mess. They have 1 starter from last year playing the same position which usually spells trouble from the start since OL's need time to "gell" to be successful. Staley is being counted on to anchor the line at LT this year so no one knows how that transition will work. Jonas Jennings is needed to play RT but he can't seem to stay healthy lately and to say they are thin at back-up OT's is an understatement. Adam Synder will probably play LG to fill in for the recently departed Allen and he was a back-up Tackle last year that played for Jennings when he went down. And finally the RG position is still up in the air with Baas being hurt and the rookie needing time to develop. Combine the lack of playing time as a unit and any decent depth, it could be another long year. :D

So Taz, revamped it may be but "Solid" it is not.

That may have to do a lot more with poor choices in RB usage by Fox than a lack of ability of the team to run the ball, or of the ability of D Williams.

The Panthers got away from Fox's team philosophy to have a strong running game to control the clock and a good defense that can stop the run. With Foster having been shown the door and with the drafting at #13 it seems very clear that they are sending out a message to the NFC that we will try to pound the ball this year. The Panthers than drafted Otah at #19 and moved Wharton (last year's LT to LG) and signed several OGs (Vincent, Fonuti and Brown) that will add more beef to the OL, so I think they are really going to have a stronger OL that will be able to open holes for both JStew and DW to run through. My guess is that Stewart will become the starter either at the end of camp or within a few games of beginning of the season.

Stewart is a nice player but certainly isnt "special". He just doesn't have the burst or run with enough anger to be. Injury prone and soft is no way to make a life in the NFL. Deangelo is actually the better back. Once Stewart gets hurt like he always does and Deangelo goes off like he always does, Stewart is gonna be returning kicks.

Stewart is a nice player but certainly isnt "special". He just doesn't have the burst or run with enough anger to be. Injury prone and soft is no way to make a life in the NFL. Deangelo is actually the better back. Once Stewart gets hurt like he always does and Deangelo goes off like he always does, Stewart is gonna be returning kicks.

I have to disagree with Stewart being soft. I watched him play with injuries (like his Toe) that would have sidelined a lot of Pro running backs; IMO.

lmao...I remember now. I agree the SF O-Line sucks. I never said they were good. All I said is that they were REVAMPED and better than last year. I just can't imagine Martz coming into a situation where his OL cannot, at a minimum, protect the QB and make holes for Gore. Barry Simms is certainly not the answer but I'm confident (I can't believe I"m making a case for the 49'rs here btw: Die Hard Rams Fan) it will be better than last year. It can't get any worse.

Are you serious? Is there another Mike Martz I never heard of? He is famous for ignoring good RB's and his QB's getting hammered.

He wants them to complete passes but if they get pile driven into the ground after releasing the ball he doesn't care. :wacko:

Are you serious? Is there another Mike Martz I never heard of? He is famous for ignoring good RB's and his QB's getting hammered.

He wants them to complete passes but if they get pile driven into the ground after releasing the ball he doesn't care. :wacko:

Nope. I'm pretty sure its the same one that made Faulk a FF stud as an OC. :D

As a HC? I pray to the FF gods he never gets another opportunity to run a team into the ground. He is the sole reason the Rams never won another SB with all that talent. They don't call him the Mad Scientist for nothing.

Ignoring good RB's? Besides Faulk and S.Jackson I'm not sure who you speak of. QB's getting hammered? Yep...agree 100%. Its kinda why I made the statement you bolded?

Off suject: My son has taken a particular interest in your logo.

Given this is pre-draft anaylsis of the top 3 RBs, and its brief, but its good. When in doubt, listen to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxfKMflQZM

I respect Mayock more so than I do Kipper. Love his analysis every year. It just so happens that this year I personally disagree lol about Stewart. But yes, when in doubt..no doubt listen to Mayock.

I respect Mayock more so than I do Kipper. Love his analysis every year. It just so happens that this year I personally disagree lol about Stewart. But yes, when in doubt..no doubt listen to Mayock.

I like Mendenhall on both counts. I think he will be split carries with FWP and then take over halfway through and be the man next year. I am trying like heck to trade up in our rookie draft to take him.

I like Mendenhall on both counts. I think he will be split carries with FWP and then take over halfway through and be the man next year. I am trying like heck to trade up in our rookie draft to take him.

You think they're going to bench FWP? I don't see it.

I think FWP will share the carries this year. Mendenhall is a long term player in my opinion.