[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie Running Backs

DMD

Rookie RBs  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you most want for this year?

• CAR Jonathan Stewart
    • OAK Darren McFadden
    • PIT Rashard Mendenhall
    • DAL Felix Jones
    • TEN Chris Johnson
    • CHI Matt Forte
    • DET Kevin Smith
  2. 2. Which one would you most want in a dynasty league?

• CAR Jonathan Stewart
    • OAK Darren McFadden
    • PIT Rashard Mendenhall
    • DAL Felix Jones
    • TEN Chris Johnson
    • CHI Matt Forte
    • DET Kevin Smith

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went Smith for this year. I think he will get around 1300 yds from scrimmage and 6 total scores. Long haul I am going with Mendenhall. While I feel their skills are similar there really is no comparison between the two franchises. Smith will get wrecked by the blue losers and mendanhall will likely win a bowl before it is all said and done and possibly go to the HOF. It is hard to fail in the steelers system.

I'm surprised by the love for Kevin Smith. Not based on his abilities, but based on the franchise he's with.

Long-term its hard to jump on board with any player in Detroit. Even Barry Sanders couldn't find the endzone enough in the Motor City.

Sanders wasn't a "nose for the end zone" kinda guy. When you get near the goal line, he didn't have enough room to do his thing.

Re Smith, being in DET actually is a reason to draft him. He has weak competition, they have enough passing weapons that you can't key on the run too much, and they are committing to a more balanced attack. The only real question appears to be him playing vs lesser competition in school.

I tend to like Chicago's history with RBs much more.
Yeah....Benson, A-Train, Enis, Peterson...they're a regular RB stud factory in recent years.

Mendenhall's in the best situation.
?? Long term maybe, but given FWP and a bigger commitment to the pass, not short term.

"Re Smith, being in DET actually is a reason to draft him. He has weak competition, they have enough passing weapons that you can't key on the run too much, and they are committing to a more balanced attack. The only real question appears to be him playing vs lesser competition in school."

No joke, everyone knew that Tomlinson kid would flop.

"Re Smith, being in DET actually is a reason to draft him. He has weak competition, they have enough passing weapons that you can't key on the run too much, and they are committing to a more balanced attack. The only real question appears to be him playing vs lesser competition in school."

Touche. That Marshall Faulk kid running against WAC schools? what a joke.

But the Panthers recent history is three years with Foster and Williams which have never gotten the job done. Why they stuck with Foster I will never understand. They had an injury plagued 2004 when Nick Goings was the lead RB.

But in 2003, they got 1444 yards and eight TDs from Stephen Davis who was the exact same size as Stewart and whom the Panthers never have been able to replace for four years. I would never consider the Foster years as indicative of anything other than poor coaching judgement.

Add a lack of imagination in using Williams.

I'm surprised by the love for Kevin Smith. Not based on his abilities, but based on the franchise he's with.

Long-term its hard to jump on board with any player in Detroit. Even Barry Sanders couldn't find the endzone enough in the Motor City.

I tend to like Chicago's history with RBs much more. They like to get one guy the majority of the carries, and tend to do well. Even the likes of Salaam and Raymont Harris had good fantasy years. Thomas Jones did well until CBust got there. And you can go back to Neal Anderson and the great Sweetness before that.

History that far back has very little to nothing to do with current teams. I don't see how you can say Kevin Smith will fail because Barry couldn't make it in the end zone or Forte will be good because they had Raymont Harris. That has nothing to do with the teams they have now. Looking at more recent history Kevin Jones was very productive in that offense, but his problem was he could never stay healthy long enough for it to matter. As for Forte I'm a big fan and even took him over Smith in one dynasty league, but if Chicago figure out how to block or get a passing game going he's going to have a MUCH harder time with the 8 man fronts he'll be seeing in the NFL. Between the two I'd much rather have Smith in a redraft, but long term I think Chicago can get their o-line worked out & Forte will start to improve.

Still waiting for Leonard Henry to break out. Think it will happen soon?

Yeah....Benson, A-Train, Enis, Peterson...they're a regular RB stud factory in recent years.

i'm not suggesting Chicago always makes the right draft pick at RB....just that they'll give Forte the opportunity to carry the full load and if he does they'll make him an every down back who'll get goalline touches....no RBBC. and A-Train did well there for a little while. .... they gave Benson the opportunity and even dumped Thomas Jones to accomodate him. as for Peterson, what's your comment? its not All Day Peterson we're talking about.

Edited by rebdog

LT went to TCU, Smith to Central Fla. Is that supposed to be a valid comparison?

Touche. That Marshall Faulk kid running against WAC schools? what a joke.

Thanks for reminding us that one whole example means it's true across the board. Apparently every RB who did well at a smaller school excelled in the NFL. You should become a lawyer.

PS if you were paying attention you might note I am pretty high on Smith. Just saying it's a consideration to some degree.

i'm not suggesting Chicago always makes the right draft pick at RB....just that they'll give Forte the opportunity to carry the full load and if he does they'll make him an every down back who'll get goalline touches....no RBBC.
It's possible but I don't see DET as RBBC either. And I am not dimmissing the possibilities w/Forte, btw (assuming they don't bring in someone eg K Jones).

LT went to TCU, Smith to Central Fla. Is that supposed to be a valid comparison?

Thanks for reminding us that one whole example means it's true across the board. Apparently every RB who did well at a smaller school excelled in the NFL. You should become a lawyer.

PS if you were paying attention you might note I am pretty high on Smith. Just saying it's a consideration to some degree.

It's possible but I don't see DET as RBBC either. And I am not dimmissing the possibilities w/Forte, btw (assuming they don't bring in someone eg K Jones).

Yeah, I think TCU and UCF have comparable programs.

Really? I always wanted to go to Harvard. Wanna help me with my tuition?

Edited by tazinib1