[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A White girl won MISS BLACK USA!

millerx

Them "White" girls are hot!

Atlantan crowned Miss Black USA

By CHRISTIAN BOONE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 06/25/2008

It's Kristen White's job to make other people look beautiful, so her win as Miss Black USA was, at the very least, good advertising.

The Atlanta resident and cosmetics consultant was crowned Monday night in Las Vegas as the 21st Miss Black USA. She'll receive $20,000 in scholarship money, a walk-on role in Tyler Perry's sitcom "House of Payne" and a week-long trip for two to the Bahamas.

Miss Black USA Scholarship Pageant

Besides working behind the scenes – her clients have been featured in numerous music videos – White makes a living in front of the camera, modeling for local publications and strutting the runways for designers such as Betsey Johnson and Diane von Furstenberg.

As part of the competition, White, 27, highlighted her work founding Project Protect, which seeks to raise awareness about missing and exploited children. She is a spokeswoman for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

:wacko:

hardy har har, Dad...(that's a Dad joke if ever there was one)

:wacko:

You're right! Wow, I just had one of those moments that hits you, and you say to yourself "I've turned into my Dad".

What's funny is... I use to think all my Dad's jokes were lame, annoying, or embarrassing around my friends. Now, him and I laugh at the same things, while everyone else around us thinks we are BOTH lame and annoying. I can't wait to put my young ones through that kind of generational torture. :D

Just curious - is there a Miss White USA pageant?

I'm guessing no. Would there be any uproar if there were? I'm guessing yes.

Hey, at least we have WET channel bay bee, oh wait :wacko:

Take yourself back 21 years ago and try to remember what race relations were like....still very strained. I am not having this argument.....white people, including myself, do not have enough depth to even consider why it is inappropriate to have a Miss White America.

Take yourself back 21 years ago and try to remember what race relations were like....still very strained. I am not having this argument.....white people, including myself, do not have enough depth to even consider why it is inappropriate to have a Miss White America.

You ain't speaking for this white person. I can tell you that.

I have 43yrs of depth on my side - plenty for me to form my opinions. There are clear double-standards and I for one call bull-sh*t.

You ain't speaking for this white person. I can tell you that.

I have 43yrs of depth on my side - plenty for me to form my opinions. There are clear double-standards and I for one call bull-sh*t.

The double standard is that our culture was, 21 years ago, a white culture. Blacks had their own sub culture and so did other groups. I see nothing wrong with a sub culture having a pageant when they don't usually get many chances in a culture dominated by those not like them. When you go to lunch, do you sit at a table full of white people(like you) or a table of black people(not like you). Not because you are racists....don't get me wrong....but people like to be around things that they are accustomed to. If a white guy isn't accustomed to being at a table full of black people....he subconsciously chooses the table full of white people....or he sits where the hot wimmin are!

I'm guessing most people couldn't really care less that there isn't.

the problem is that when its a white only or mens only club/event....it is rascist and discriminatory. but when its another group, sub-culture, or sex its fine and a way to relate with those you have something in common with. bs!!!

There are plenty of men only or white only private clubs. If they are private...then yes...more power too them...carry on....but a public club shouldn't discriminate. I have yet to see a black public club...or an all women public club. All of the clubs that wish to discriminate are private and well within their rights to do so....so could you elaborate further or provide an example of said club?

There are plenty of men only or white only private clubs. If they are private...then yes...more power too them...carry on....but a public club shouldn't discriminate. I have yet to see a black public club...or an all women public club. All of the clubs that wish to discriminate are private and well within their rights to do so....so could you elaborate further or provide an example of said club?

i didnt mention if they had a right or not, just the public's perception of said clubs/events.